A $38,000 Purse? Really?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I'm viewing the front page of Google news and there's a story about Orprah being discriminated against in Switzerland. So what the heck, I click on it.

Apparently Oprah asked a clerk to get down a purse on a high shelf so she could look at it, and the clerk told Oprah she would not be able to afford it. Obviously, the clerk did not have a clue to whom she was speaking.

The purse costs...$35,000 swiss francs. That's $38,000 American.

What...the...fuck?!?!

Here's the purse:

33leeqb.jpg

It doesn't look like it's made out of platinum, which would justify such a price. It's not even big enough to hold 38 thousand dollars.

Who does that? Pays $38k for a purse.

Oh...yeah. Oprah.

I'm viewing the front page of Google news and there's a story about Orprah being discriminated against in Switzerland. So what the heck, I click on it.

Apparently Oprah asked a clerk to get down a purse on a high shelf so she could look at it, and the clerk told Oprah she would not be able to afford it. Obviously, the clerk did not have a clue to whom she was speaking.

What...the...fuck?!?!

Here's the purse:

33leeqb.jpg

It doesn't look like it's made out of platinum, which would justify such a price. It's not even big enough to hold 38 thousand dollars.

Oh...yeah. Oprah.

This is what Republicans call "trickle down".

Yeah not everyone knows the Mighty Oprah or is afraid of her either!

Me and my friends were kept out of High Class bars in Japan on a few occasions but I didn't get upset about it.

Is the point of this thread the price of the purse, the fact that someone doesn't know Oprah, the clerk's discriminatory attitude, or the fact that Oprah should pay her fair share rather than buying very expensive purses?

What...the...fuck?!?!

Here's the purse:

33leeqb.jpg

Oh...yeah. Oprah.

This is what Republicans call "trickle down".

Rdeanitis

Topic: Any

Rdeanitis suffer responds "Republicans hate and/or are against the above"

It's her money. If she wants to blow 38,000 bucks on a fucking purse, then that is up to her. Me? If i had the money she had and had 38 grand to blow, a helluvalot of poor kids in THIS country would be fed and sheltered, people who can't afford their meds would get them and I damn sure wouldn't complain that someone didn't recognize me.

Then again, I can't stand Oprah anyway so maybe my vision is colored. Pun not intended.

All the political bullshit aside, I just think you have to be stupid to pay that much for a purse.

If I were there, I'd have to do a Seinfeld impression. "You realize you're paying $38,000. For a purse." :cuckoo:

Last edited:
"This purse is only $12,000. This other purse is identical. It was made by the same famous fashion designer, but is $38,000 because he took a shit in it."

Last edited:
Apparently Oprah asked a clerk to get down a purse on a high shelf so she could look at it, and the clerk told Oprah she would not be able to afford it.

While Ms Winfrey is just SURE she was discriminated against, there is the real possibility that the store is not going to hand over a $38,000 item to ANYONE they don't know.

Further, I heard that Oprah previously complained about a similar incident, when she tried to enter a restaurant and was turned away. While she implied this was because she is Black, she neglected to mention that the restaurant was about to close. Just a little oversight there...

Apparently Oprah asked a clerk to get down a purse on a high shelf so she could look at it, and the clerk told Oprah she would not be able to afford it.

While Ms Winfrey is just SURE she was discriminated against, there is the real possibility that the store is not going to hand over a $38,000 item to ANYONE they don't know.

Further, I heard that Oprah previously complained about a similar incident, when she tried to enter a restaurant and was turned away. While she implied this was because she is Black, she neglected to mention that the restaurant was about to close. Just a little oversight there...

They figured she was too poor because she gave away 276 Pontiacs instead of Mercedeses.

What...the...fuck?!?!

Here's the purse:

33leeqb.jpg

Oh...yeah. Oprah.

Because many women like to keep up and surpass the Jones-es.

It's her money. If she wants to blow 38,000 bucks on a fucking purse, then that is up to her. Me? If i had the money she had and had 38 grand to blow, a helluvalot of poor kids in THIS country would be fed and sheltered, people who can't afford their meds would get them and I damn sure wouldn't complain that someone didn't recognize me.

Then again, I can't stand Oprah anyway so maybe my vision is colored. Pun not intended.

Colored purple ?

In all fairness:

When it comes to being benevolent and giving to charity, one person comes to mind: Oprah Winfrey.

She has donated millions of dollars to various charities and organizations, with most of her money going to three foundations: The Angel Network, The Oprah Winfrey Foundation, and The Oprah Winfrey Operating Foundation.

On top of all this, Oprah also has a will that will donate 1 billion dollars to charity.
Oprah Winfrey is, beyond all doubt, one of the greatest philanthropists in the 21st century.
Read more: Oprah: Charity Work & Causes - Look to the Stars
Follow us: @looktothestars on Twitter | looktothestarsorg on Facebook

All the political bullshit aside, I just think you have to be stupid to pay that much for a purse.

If I were there, I'd have to do a Seinfeld impression. "You realize you're paying $38,000. For a purse." :cuckoo:

She's a billionaire. To her it's like dropping $3.80 for it.

Yeah, if I had what she had, I'd hand out a lot of my money to people in need, although she does do that too.

What...the...fuck?!?!

Here's the purse:

33leeqb.jpg

Oh...yeah. Oprah.

Its her money, which she earned from working her arse off. If she wants to spend that money on a purse, she bloody well can!

Yeah, if I had what she had, I'd hand out a lot of my money to people in need, although she does do that too.

Exactly.
People bitch about Oprah but look at what she has given away.

Well, I could see where she might consider it having something to do with her being black, considering other things that have happened to her, such as:

It wasn’t Winfrey’s first store snub. As The Post’s Page Six revealed, a Hermes boutique in Paris refused to allow her and pal Gayle King inside in 2005, saying it was “having a problem with North Africans lately.”

Oprah says Swiss boutique told her she couldn?t afford $38,000 handbag - NYPOST.com

Forum List

Back