911 operator who hung up on emergency calls is sentenced to jail...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
911 operator who hung up on emergency calls is sentenced to jail

A former 911 operator who hung up the phone "thousands" of times on people attempting to call in emergencies in Harris County, Texas has been sentenced to jail time.

Crenshanda Williams, 44, was found guilty of interference with emergency telephone calls Wednesday after "systematically" hanging up the phone on residents of Harris County, KTRK reported.

She was sentenced to 10 days in jail and 18 months probation.

Williams reportedly had an unusual number of "short calls," which were no longer than 20 seconds. Prosecutors, according to the Houston Chronicle, determined she hung up on "thousands" of calls.

In one instance, emergency caller Jim Moten told KTRK he called 911 in 2016 after he spotted two vehicles speeding on a highway where people had been killed from speeding weeks earlier and thought his call had dropped after a few seconds.

Court documents, according to the news station, stated that Williams had taken Moten's call and, before he could finish explaining his emergency, she reportedly said: "Ain't nobody got time for this. For real."

"Ain't nobody got time for this. For real."

This woman is a treat. :lol:

10 days, that'll teach her. Democrats love them some criminals/

911 operator who hung up on emergency calls is sentenced to jail

A former 911 operator who hung up the phone "thousands" of times on people attempting to call in emergencies in Harris County, Texas has been sentenced to jail time.

Crenshanda Williams, 44, was found guilty of interference with emergency telephone calls Wednesday after "systematically" hanging up the phone on residents of Harris County, KTRK reported.

She was sentenced to 10 days in jail and 18 months probation.

Williams reportedly had an unusual number of "short calls," which were no longer than 20 seconds. Prosecutors, according to the Houston Chronicle, determined she hung up on "thousands" of calls.

In one instance, emergency caller Jim Moten told KTRK he called 911 in 2016 after he spotted two vehicles speeding on a highway where people had been killed from speeding weeks earlier and thought his call had dropped after a few seconds.

Court documents, according to the news station, stated that Williams had taken Moten's call and, before he could finish explaining his emergency, she reportedly said: "Ain't nobody got time for this. For real."

"Ain't nobody got time for this. For real."

This woman is a treat. :lol:

Only 10 days? Seriously....

When a teacher sleeps with a student, they get much, much longer, it's a position of TRUST and she broke that, just as teachers do when they sleep with their students.

They said she hung up "thousands" of times. I wonder if they reviewed every call she hung up on. Who knows how many battered wives could have been saved a few lumps while this bitch was playing Angry Birds.

I've heard a million 911 dispatcher calls on the news, and it amazes me how calm and professional these people remain, even when the caller is being difficult. Apparently this woman ain't got time for that. For real.

You take an oath and have great trust given to you by society, it's literally life and death. 10 Days seems awfully light.

If I called 911, they would hang up in 3 seconds flat, I guarantee you. I sound so stupid. So what is the point to ruin the life of this 911 operator?

911......Popeyes says they ran out of the free chicken, y’all have to do something about that. I have to feed my family.

Considering the lawsuits that could start flying thanks to her carelessness, ten years is what she should have been given. Ten days? That is not only a slap on the wrist, but the ultimate insult.

God bless you and who she didn't care to be a help to always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back