90% of fentanyl seized by CBP was at legal U.S. border crossings

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Ya…really…people entering the US legally. US citizens. An inconvenient fact.

Fentanyl seizures have been climbing across the border, especially in California and Arizona. Close to 90% of that fentanyl is seized at ports of entry. Immigration authorities say it is smuggled mostly by U.S. citizens, as well as other travelers who are legally authorized to cross. Virtually none is seized from migrants who are seeking asylum.

Fentanyl seizures have been climbing across the border, especially in California and Arizona. Close to 90% of that fentanyl is seized at ports of entry. Immigration authorities say it is smuggled mostly by U.S. citizens, as well as other travelers who are legally authorized to cross. Virtually none is seized from migrants who are seeking asylum.

Um not everyone entering the US legally are US citizens dumbass

And yes obviously the vast majority of illegal contraband is going to be captured at legal ports

Geez what an idiotic post

Bullshit. I watch the border patrol channel and the real time video of them dismantling vehicles at the checkpoints and interviewing the mules. They are mostly foreign nationals claiming they are visiting. Furthermore, this is what the BP is catching, you don't know how much is slipping through and how much is being humped by the got-a-ways in backpacks. If you want to know what's going on at the border, just ask me, you are being fed bullshit.

So says NPR, one of the propaganda outlets for the federal government. I'm not buying their crap for a minute.

Bullshit. I watch the border patrol channel and the real time video of them dismantling vehicles at the checkpoints and interviewing the mules. They are mostly foreign nationals claiming they are visiting. Furthermore, this is what the BP is catching, you don't know how much is slipping through and how much is being humped by the got-a-ways in backpacks. If you want to know what's going on at the border, just ask me, you are being fed bullshit.

What is being humped in is mostly by professional cartel members in military gear, not mIgrants seeking asylum.

What percentage of illegal immigrants are caught transporting drugs? Very few apparently.

That's just what they caught at checkpoints. :rolleyes-41:

Allow me to put it in my own words.

90% of fentanyl seized by government was the low hanging fruit.

What is being humped in is mostly by professional cartel members in military gear, not mIgrants seeking asylum.

What percentage of illegal immigrants are caught transporting drugs? Very few apparently.

The Border Patrol would be able to spend more time confiscating drugs, if they weren't so busy having to deal with the millions of border jumpers. The fact that fentanyl confiscations are drastically up doesn't necessarily mean the Border Patrol is doing a better job at intercepting the drugs. It just means that the cartels are are smuggling more drugs. And in spite of the fact that fentanyl seizures are at an all time high, more than 70,000 people in the U.S. died from fentanyl, in 2021, the latest year for which its data is available.

Playing games with percentages is a joke. We are being attacked with Fentanyl, and most of it is being shipped in by the Cartels and foreign nationals. The precursor are chemicals are being shipped in from China. You ignored the ENTIRE 6 minute plus report and latched on to the last 10 seconds whcih was some offhand comment by some person making statements based on her gut feel on drug smuggling. Go back and listen to the entire report you posted, I did.

NPR sucks the big red one. Complete flaming leftist liars.

And what really burns my ass, is that some of my tax money is paying them to lie to me and tell me things I don't agree with.

"NPR may receive little direct federal funding, but a good deal of its budget comprises federal funds that flow to it indirectly by federal law. Here’s how it works: Under the terms of the 1967 Public Broadcasting Act, funds are allocated annually to a non-governmental agency, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, overseen by a board of presidential appointees. That corporation, in turn, can choose to support original programming produced by public television or public radio — but, by law, must direct much of its $445 million funding (scheduled to top $500 million next fiscal year) to local public television and public radio stations across the country, via so-called “community service grants.”

The truth about NPR’s funding — and its possible future

Forum List

Back