9 CEOs paid 800 times more than their workers

The researchers do not say that income inequality hurts economic growth. They say lack of income growth within the bottom 95% of wage earners harms the economy. Not quite the same thing.

The research claims that economic growth in the past was fueled by increasing personal debt (not to mention national debt). To me then that indicates that economic growth of the past was an unsustainable bubble, just like the housing market, fueled by the same, excessive debt.

What's your solution to this problem?

Seems to me the best solution would be to increase exports, which could be achieved by free trade deals. I don't think punishing CEOS for their income would accomplish much. Wealth redistribution could put more money in the hands of those who will spend more, but I don't think that would help because the economy needs investors as well as buyers of goods.

Wow, left wing economists say that not taxing people enough and giving it to greedy politicians hurts an economy........who would have thought?

All the money going to the top slows an economy. The rich guy only eats 3 times a day. If you own a restaurant do you want 100 people who can afford to eat out or just the 1. You seem to lack common sense on all subjects.

Are you really that dumb brain...does the rich guy put the rest of his money under his bed,after he gets,done eating? They put their money in investments...you know...job creators.......you are an idiot.........

Like Mark Steyn always says, you leftists think that the rich are like Scrooge Mcduck...they have their gold coins piled up in a warehouse and spend their day pushing it from one side of the warehouse to the other....you are,an idiot...the rich put their money out in investments which go to other people trying to create businesses which hire people to do work, which gives them money and benefits.....

You morons should never get your hands on the levers of power....

The green eyed monster of this generation is nothing to behold. It's too bad they didn't give a crap about the monies THIS FEDERAL government takes from US and spends
So which US is it? United States or US as in more then one person?

Wow, left wing economists say that not taxing people enough and giving it to greedy politicians hurts an economy........who would have thought?

All the money going to the top slows an economy. The rich guy only eats 3 times a day. If you own a restaurant do you want 100 people who can afford to eat out or just the 1. You seem to lack common sense on all subjects.

Are you really that dumb brain...does the rich guy put the rest of his money under his bed,after he gets,done eating? They put their money in investments...you know...job creators.......you are an idiot.........

Like Mark Steyn always says, you leftists think that the rich are like Scrooge Mcduck...they have their gold coins piled up in a warehouse and spend their day pushing it from one side of the warehouse to the other....you are,an idiot...the rich put their money out in investments which go to other people trying to create businesses which hire people to do work, which gives them money and benefits.....

How does that help the restaurant owner? He need customers moron. The rich guy investing does not help him.

Do you deny that stocks and bonds help businesses grow?

How does that help the restaurant owner? He need customers moron. The rich guy investing does not help him.

You are too fucking stupid....when someone who has an idea for a restaurant but has no money for it, he gets the investor....that guy gives him the money to get the building the staff the food...moron...and hen shares in the profits......people get jobs,, the vendors make money, and pay their people....capitalism at work...

Like trying to explain math to a dog...but eventually a dog will pick up on the math...leftists? there is no hope for them.....

The researchers do not say that income inequality hurts economic growth. They say lack of income growth within the bottom 95% of wage earners harms the economy. Not quite the same thing.

The research claims that economic growth in the past was fueled by increasing personal debt (not to mention national debt). To me then that indicates that economic growth of the past was an unsustainable bubble, just like the housing market, fueled by the same, excessive debt.

What's your solution to this problem?

Seems to me the best solution would be to increase exports, which could be achieved by free trade deals. I don't think punishing CEOS for their income would accomplish much. Wealth redistribution could put more money in the hands of those who will spend more, but I don't think that would help because the economy needs investors as well as buyers of goods.

Taking from one simply based on "they don't need it" is stealing. and it also reduces incentives for making more money.

corporations made less money under bush, income inequality was LOWER, yet the Left insists we are doing so much better now under obama. not according to what you just posted "brain"

So are you saying that businesses are making more money under Obama than they were under Bush?

how awesome is that WashingtonCompost?

REASEARCHERS say income equality hurts the economy.

what a pos rag. they don't have to NAME names they just spew "researchers" say

Pure propaganda fed to the low information crowd in this country. and some will swallow it

A ceo is deciding to pay him that much.

Maybe, if he's the owner of a privately owned company. But if it's a corporation, the CEO reports to the board. But even then, it's true that in many ways the CEO still decides how much to be paid. He/she does this through negotiation.

The number one reason wages have been stagnant for so long is because so many Americans nowadays settle for whatever is thrown out there. It's the stupidest thing in the world, and it drags down the market for the rest of us who are smart enough to be assertive. Wages will continue to stagnate (i.e. go down when you take into account inflation) until the American public starts taking personal responsibility for their pay, starting with the wage negotiation prior to job acceptance.

If you had clicked the link, you'd see that they did name names.

Maybe, if he's the owner of a privately owned company. But if it's a corporation, the CEO reports to the board. But even then, it's true that in many ways the CEO still decides how much to be paid. He/she does this through negotiation.

The number one reason wages have been stagnant for so long is because so many Americans nowadays settle for whatever is thrown out there. It's the stupidest thing in the world, and it drags down the market for the rest of us who are smart enough to be assertive. Wages will continue to stagnate (i.e. go down when you take into account inflation) until the American public starts taking personal responsibility for their pay, starting with the wage negotiation prior to job acceptance.

You can only negotiate wages if you are not desperate for work.

I would guess that a majority of hires are in no position to negotiate anything.

I would guess that a majority of hires are in no position to negotiate anything.

BS, everyone is in a position to do it. they might get turned down but what's it hurt to try?

such defeated attitudes. no wonder this country is failing in this day and age

Ethics and morality seem to escape a large number of people.

It looks as if it is going to have to be done the hard way.
well put down your play box and lead the charge

I will grab a box of popcorn and laugh at you taking a crap on a cop car, like I did with occupy wall street :)

What ever happens to you guys anyways? Had to go home?

Winter happened.

9 CEOs paid 800 times more than their workers
This story doesn't surprise me.
The normal nature of American capitalism. Exploit workers an benefit off the backs of their labor. Meanwhile families rely on credit and struggle to provide a decent chance at opportunity for their children.
Exploitation is the very basis of American existence.

Hey dumbfuck! They are CEOs, of course they make a lot more. How fucking dense are you?

Why so much more than in the 70s? Same job.

Too much greed and inequality slows the economy. We are proof of that.

Yeah it's called inflation.

Don't be jealous and try to take thier money like some thief, become a CEO.

Pure propaganda fed to the low information crowd in this country. and some will swallow it

Well, in the interest of facts and truth, they do actually name names.

The paper by Barry Z. Cynamon and Steven M. Fazzari, economists working with the Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government and Public Policy at Washington University in St. Louis, says that stagnant income for the “bottom 95 percent” of wage earners makes it impossible for them to consume as they did in the years before the downturn.

The article even contains a link to their work (that is, a link that then leads to this link). Stephanie, maybe if you had something more in your head than crotch rot, you'd have realized it would be really fucking stupid to post your claim without actually checking the link. But alas, just like Donald Trump, your reactionary anus that you call a mouth is even worse than what the liberals say.

corporations made less money under bush, income inequality was LOWER, yet the Left insists we are doing so much better now under obama. not according to what you just posted "brain"

So are you saying that businesses are making more money under Obama than they were under Bush?

absolutely!!

I had no idea Obama was so good for the economy.

he isnt dullard. what makes you say that?

Ethics and morality seem to escape a large number of people.

It looks as if it is going to have to be done the hard way.
well put down your play box and lead the charge

I will grab a box of popcorn and laugh at you taking a crap on a cop car, like I did with occupy wall street :)

What ever happens to you guys anyways? Had to go home?

Winter happened.
Winter is your excuse? What happened to global warming?

Occupy wall street happened at the same time as the tea party...

Who is still around and who went home to suck on their mother's boobs?

1 - False
2 - On what basis do you suggest that the majority of Americans are desperate for work?
3 - I'm pretty sure I already know what your answers will be, more or less. The problem is that you're doing it wrong!

Well, in the interest of facts and truth, they do actually name names.

The paper by Barry Z. Cynamon and Steven M. Fazzari, economists working with the Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government and Public Policy at Washington University in St. Louis, says that stagnant income for the “bottom 95 percent” of wage earners makes it impossible for them to consume as they did in the years before the downturn.

The article even contains a link to their work (that is, a link that then leads to this link). Stephanie, maybe if you had something more in your head than crotch rot, you'd have realized it would be really fucking stupid to post your claim without actually checking the link. But alas, just like Donald Trump, your reactionary anus that you call a mouth is even worse than what the liberals say.

as was explained earlier Mr Left-wing nutjob Crotch-rot; what you think is the conclusion isnt necessarily the case dullard

Forum List

Back