81 year old assaulted in Supermaket, manners are deteriorating.

Only small minded morons attack someone who's minding their own business just because they're wearing a hat. Down that road lies children dieing because they're wearing the wrong colors in gang territory. And the morons cheer.

They're really just allowing the butthurt from the heir apparent losing the throne to finally boil over.

Small minded morons.

In other words, you only believe in the 1st Amendment insofar as it means Congress can't make a law taking it away. You have no problem infringing on a fellow American's right to free speech if he says (or wears) something you don't like. Does that about sum it up?

I'm saying if you get in my face and say something that offends me, you are going to regret your life choices that day.

Also, if the 1st Amendment only means that Congress cannot make a law prohibiting the exercise of free speech then why is it that "Most of them (liberals)" believe it? Why not all of them? To you, is it just a law or a matter of fact that the government can't take away free speech or is it a principle we all should adhere to?

Because I have this funny idea that the Constitution is not a suicide pact. The 1A is a great principle, but you really have to temper it with a bit of reason. You can't shout "Fire" in a crowded theater. You can't let your cult leader molest kids because he's thinks he's Jesus. And if you are stupid enough to walk up to a bunch of black guys wearing a Klan Hood or a Swastika or a MAGA hat, you should kind of expect the resulting ass-kicking.

His being unarmed is irrelevant, it's against the law to commit murder. Just as it's against the law to assault someone in the first degree. Get it? The law is the law and applies to everyone. This means you don't get a free pass to assault someone because you don't like his fucking hat.

There is a distinction here that I'm not sure you're aware of. You're telling me that if one "mixes it up" with black people while wearing a MAGA hat then he should expect to get his ass kicked. You're absolutely correct. What you're not saying is that you think they should kick his ass and they would be justified in doing so, in spite of the law. Am I wrong?

I'm saying that the concept of "Fighting Words" is a concept in our law.

Fighting Words

Fighting words are, as first defined by the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) in Chaplinsky v New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942), words which "by their very utterance, inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality."

Fighting words are a category of speech that is unprotected by the First Amendment. Further, as seen below, the scope of the fighting words doctrine has between its creation in Chaplinsky and the Supreme Court's interpretation of it today

And this is my main problem with Trump overall. Other presidents have talk about the division of ideas. Conservatism vs. Liberalism, Keynesian Economics vs. Supply Side, Activist Government vs. Limited Government. These are good conversations, we should totally have them.

Trump has sought to divide people. He calls the press the enemy of the people, mocks the disabled, calls people of certain ethnicity "rapists" and "animals", and generally stirs up the nastiest hatreds, and then wonders why the small minded fool who goes out there with a MAGA hat gets his ass kicked.
Your problem is you get offended by slogans people wear on a hat they don't have to get in your face for you to be triggered

In other words, you only believe in the 1st Amendment insofar as it means Congress can't make a law taking it away. You have no problem infringing on a fellow American's right to free speech if he says (or wears) something you don't like. Does that about sum it up?

I'm saying if you get in my face and say something that offends me, you are going to regret your life choices that day.

So yes, that does sum it up for you.

However, that doesn't answer the question and does not apply in this case anyway. We're talking about an 81 year old man who said nothing to no one, was minding his own business and doing his grocery shopping when he was attacked unprovoked.
Besides all that, "something that offends me" is entirely subjective. What offends you does not offend others. Your personal feelings do not take precedence over the law. The law dictates that he had the right to wear the hat but more importantly, the law does not give you the right to assault him for it and in fact expressly forbids you to do so and provides legal penalties for its violation. Get it?

Also, if the 1st Amendment only means that Congress cannot make a law prohibiting the exercise of free speech then why is it that "Most of them (liberals)" believe it? Why not all of them? To you, is it just a law or a matter of fact that the government can't take away free speech or is it a principle we all should adhere to?

Because I have this funny idea that the Constitution is not a suicide pact. The 1A is a great principle, but you really have to temper it with a bit of reason. You can't shout "Fire" in a crowded theater. You can't let your cult leader molest kids because he's thinks he's Jesus. And if you are stupid enough to walk up to a bunch of black guys wearing a Klan Hood or a Swastika or a MAGA hat, you should kind of expect the resulting ass-kicking.

You're talking about things that are against the law. To begin with, shouting "fire" in a theater is not a matter of free speech. Secondly, by comparison, wearing a MAGA hat in a theater will not cause a panic (then again, it just might, given the childish milksop mentality of a lot of anti-Trumpers these days). Thirdly, molesting children is illegal.

His being unarmed is irrelevant, it's against the law to commit murder. Just as it's against the law to assault someone in the first degree. Get it? The law is the law and applies to everyone. This means you don't get a free pass to assault someone because you don't like his fucking hat.

There is a distinction here that I'm not sure you're aware of. You're telling me that if one "mixes it up" with black people while wearing a MAGA hat then he should expect to get his ass kicked. You're absolutely correct. What you're not saying is that you think they should kick his ass and they would be justified in doing so, in spite of the law. Am I wrong?

I'm saying that the concept of "Fighting Words" is a concept in our law.

Fighting Words

Fighting words are, as first defined by the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) in Chaplinsky v New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942), words which "by their very utterance, inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality."

Fighting words are a category of speech that is unprotected by the First Amendment. Further, as seen below, the scope of the fighting words doctrine has between its creation in Chaplinsky and the Supreme Court's interpretation of it today

Irrelevant. A hat is not "fighting words" or even an "utterance" as described above.

And this is my main problem with Trump overall. Other presidents have talk about the division of ideas. Conservatism vs. Liberalism, Keynesian Economics vs. Supply Side, Activist Government vs. Limited Government. These are good conversations, we should totally have them.

Trump has sought to divide people. He calls the press the enemy of the people, mocks the disabled, calls people of certain ethnicity "rapists" and "animals", and generally stirs up the nastiest hatreds, and then wonders why the small minded fool who goes out there with a MAGA hat gets his ass kicked.

Given how the press has leaped on stories like the Covington kids in D.C. and the Jussie Smollett case and completely misinterpreted the facts or blindly accepted the liberal's testimony without looking further into the matter or at least waiting for more facts to come to light, I'm inclined to agree that the press is, if not the enemy of the people, the enemy of objective and sound journalism.

Ironically, the story about Trump making fun of the disabled or calling "people of certain ethnicity 'rapists' and 'animals'" is precisely why he calls the press enemy of the people. Neither of these stories is true.

His supposedly making fun of the handicapped journalist has been debunked. It was shown that Trump often did this as a way to mock a person's attitude and demeanor and had done it before with other non-disabled people. Besides, I would bet that Trump did not even know the guy had a disability anyway. He is a newspaper journalist, not a visual media journalist or reporter.

As for his supposedly calling people of "certain ethnicity" rapists and animals, this is not true either. He was referring to MS-13 gang members and other ne'er-do-wells that come here illegally from Mexico and commit crimes.

The fact that Trump only ever talked about illegal immigrants and illegal immigration is an important distinction that just about everyone on the left has willfully and knowingly overlooked.

Do not wear a hat indoors people. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned manners.

An 81 year old man waltzed right into a Supermarket and didn't bother taking his hat off. You'd think he'd know better manners at his age. A right cross to the face straightened gramps right out.

Guy refuses to take his hat in a VAPE store.

Wore hat in Sam's Club and wouldn't take it off until a gun was pulled on him.

Disrespectful young man wearing a hat in a student union got a good talking to.

Here's a couple more.

Leftist Sucker Punches Student at Berkeley

The MAGA hat is the modern day version of the Swastika; no wonder good citizens are opposed to that red piece of shit on some folk's heads.

Do not wear a hat indoors people. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned manners.

An 81 year old man waltzed right into a Supermarket and didn't bother taking his hat off. You'd think he'd know better manners at his age. A right cross to the face straightened gramps right out.

Here's a couple more.

The MAGA hat is the modern day version of the Swastika;

Opinion.

no wonder good citizens are opposed to that red piece of shit on some folk's heads.

Being opposed to it (based on opinion) and unlawfully assaulting someone for it are two entirely different things. One is against the law, the other is not.

Here's a couple more.

The MAGA hat is the modern day version of the Swastika; no wonder good citizens are opposed to that red piece of shit on some folk's heads.

No, it's NOT the modern day version of the Swastika and NO good citizen would be opposed to it as an expression of a political belief. I think it's obvious that not only are you not a good citizen, you don't even KNOW people who are good citizens.

Only small minded morons attack someone who's minding their own business just because they're wearing a hat. Down that road lies children dieing because they're wearing the wrong colors in gang territory. And the morons cheer.

They're really just allowing the butthurt from the heir apparent losing the throne to finally boil over.

Small minded morons.

Or they are simply offended by Nazis who want to do them harm.... imagine that.

Hey, tell you what, why don't you walk around the South Side of Chicago with a Klan Hood.

Or maybe Skokie wearing a brownshirt and Swastika.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Here's a couple more.

Small minded morons.

Hey, tell you what, why don't you walk around the South Side of Chicago with a Klan Hood.

Two facist pieces of shit.

Given how the press has leaped on stories like the Covington kids in D.C. and the Jussie Smollett case and completely misinterpreted the facts or blindly accepted the liberal's testimony without looking further into the matter or at least waiting for more facts to come to light, I'm inclined to agree that the press is, if not the enemy of the people, the enemy of objective and sound journalism.

Okay, let's look at that. In the Smollet case, everyone was kind of skeptical from the beginning. There were things that really didn't make sense.... and we had an investigation and found it to be untrue.

Covington, we had a case where the smug little Catholic Bastards got themselves a PR firm, got little shithead on TV in front of a sympathetic reporter and taught him how to emote and play the victim, so we totally forget the little bastard was rude to an elderly veteran.

No, the press is not the enemy of the people because it points out the ugliness of Trump and his brownshirts.

Ironically, the story about Trump making fun of the disabled or calling "people of certain ethnicity 'rapists' and 'animals'" is precisely why he calls the press enemy of the people. Neither of these stories is true.

Um, yeah, we got them on tape, dummy.

The real problem with the press is that it treated Trump with respect he didn't deserve early on. He was good for ratings. Why listen to Jeb Bush talk about boring old "Common Core" when you can get Trump calling Mexicans rapists... that's much more entertaining.

His supposedly making fun of the handicapped journalist has been debunked. It was shown that Trump often did this as a way to mock a person's attitude and demeanor and had done it before with other non-disabled people. Besides, I would bet that Trump did not even know the guy had a disability anyway. He is a newspaper journalist, not a visual media journalist or reporter.

Oh, really, this is what you are going with? come on, he was clearly mocking a person with cerebral palsy. Jesus fucking Christ, you Trump supporters are like fucking cultists.

As for his supposedly calling people of "certain ethnicity" rapists and animals, this is not true either. He was referring to MS-13 gang members and other ne'er-do-wells that come here illegally from Mexico and commit crimes.

MS13 doesn't come from Mexico, they come from El Salvador... And his racism is pretty clear to most normal people.

The fact that Trump only ever talked about illegal immigrants and illegal immigration is an important distinction that just about everyone on the left has willfully and knowingly overlooked.

Well, no, since he is going after legal immigrants too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...49e5d4-d312-11e8-b2d2-f397227b43f0_story.html

He is even going after people who were born here by chalenging their birth certificates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a1991f075d5_story.html?utm_term=.c0a0734bbe1c

Here's a couple more.

You know when the nazis started out, they weren't just wearing swastikas.

They were attacking people. And they had huge explanations as to why their violent attacks were actually justified. And they were constantly in people's face, telling them their bullshit. And they looked a lot like this.

images

Okay, let's look at that. In the Smollet case, everyone was kind of skeptical from the beginning. There were things that really didn't make sense.... and we had an investigation and found it to be untrue.

The libs were't skeptical at all about Mr. Smollett's claims at all. Presidential candidates immediately attacked the Nigerian fellows as "racists" and the event as a lynching.

BTW, I was always glad that nothing happened to Smollett's sandwich.

IMHO, the Nigerian guys have a major lawsuit against Smollett as well as the media and celebrities that attacked them

The libs were't skeptical at all about Mr. Smollett's claims at all. Presidential candidates immediately attacked the Nigerian fellows as "racists" and the event as a lynching.

IMHO, the Nigerian guys have a major lawsuit against Smollett as well as the media and celebrities that attacked them

Since the Nigerians were part of the plot, they are lucky if they avoid criminal charges.

Covington, we had a case where the smug little Catholic Bastards got themselves a PR firm, got little shithead on TV in front of a sympathetic reporter and taught him how to emote and play the victim, so we totally forget the little bastard was rude to an elderly veteran.

Sandmann wasn't rude to anybody. What would you do if some goof ball came up to within 2 millimeters of your ear pestering you by beating a drum. Remember that Mr. Phillips was just getting in on the fun that the Israelites had been engaged in for an hour already.

Second, Phillips isn't a veteran at all. Never saw Vietnam in spite of his claims. Third he isn't elderly- only in his low 60's, he just looks like hell and was probably drinking at the time.

If an elderly Christian evangelist had tied one on and started signing Amazing Grace in the face of Dave "Camera" Hogg and his gun control freak group, would the Christian had received the favorable coverage Phillips got?

Would Hogg had stood their silently and been respectful to his elders?

Since the Nigerians were part of the plot, they are lucky if they avoid criminal charges.

The Nigerians were unwitting parts of the plot. The Chicago PD detectives had no reason at all to think that they knew anything about this in advance and didn't charge them. Yet, they were attacked by Presidential candidates and celebrities as well as the media, even before they were interviewed. A lot of people think they are a racist lynch mob.

The role of the Nigerians in the Smollett case were the same as the unnamed black guy in Dirty Harry who beat the crapola out of Scorpio. Just paid to do a job and did it. HIs role was legal. The only difference is that the creep in Dirty Harry paid in cash, not a check.

Here's a couple more.

Small minded morons.

Two facist pieces of shit.

Sorry but the pieces of facist shit are the ones wearing that silly fvcking little red MAGA hat

Glad to correct that for you

Sorry but the pieces of facist shit are the ones wearing that silly fvcking little red MAGA hat

Glad to correct that for you
You're right of course. People who wear MAGA hats should be beaten to an inch of their sorry lives and then sent forthwith to re-education camps. We really must have a cultural revolution so we can progress to true Democratic Socialism!

Here's a couple more.

You know when the nazis started out, they weren't just wearing swastikas.

They were attacking people. And they had huge explanations as to why their violent attacks were actually justified. And they were constantly in people's face, telling them their bullshit. And they looked a lot like this.

images

Untrue since the Nazis was a small political party that began by meating in a beer hall, the violence didn't happen until later since Hitler was in the employ of the army to spy upon them.

Forum List

Back