80% happy with their healthcare?

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
80% HAPPY WITH THEIR HEALTHCARE?

How can people be happy with the high premiums, co-payments, deductibles, have to chose from a network of doctors and hospitals, no choice of healthcare plan but what their employers select for them, do not cover exiting illness, will drop you if you get a major illness and cost them too much, will not cover your child in college or you disabled child and will deny services? If you are happy with this, KEEP IT but there are those who are not happy and those who cannot afford the high cost of private healthcare even though they are working every day.
Healthcare for those who do not have is going to cost and no matter what the cost or who has to pay it, WE OWE IT TO OUR FELLOW AMERICANS. We, at the least, do it for those who are not in this country legally and putting their American born children in our healthcare system and we have to pay even though we cannot afford it for our own children. To care for our poor is going to cost money and lots of money and if we cut spending, we cut services to those who need it the most and we all know what happens when we do not take care of our own.

How can people be happy with the high premiums, co-payments, deductibles, have to chose from a network of doctors and hospitals, no choice of healthcare plan but what their employers select for them, do not cover exiting illness, will drop you if you get a major illness and cost them too much, will not cover your child in college or you disabled child and will deny services? If you are happy with this, KEEP IT but there are those who are not happy and those who cannot afford the high cost of private healthcare even though they are working every day.
Healthcare for those who do not have is going to cost and no matter what the cost or who has to pay it, WE OWE IT TO OUR FELLOW AMERICANS. We, at the least, do it for those who are not in this country legally and putting their American born children in our healthcare system and we have to pay even though we cannot afford it for our own children. To care for our poor is going to cost money and lots of money and if we cut spending, we cut services to those who need it the most and we all know what happens when we do not take care of our own.

I would be happy to pay more in taxes to make sure that the poor get health insurance just don't let the government be the carrier. Add them to Medicare or Medicaid if you want, but don't let the government control everyone's healthcare. Don't let the government drive the private insurers out of business and become the ONLY provider. They have already shown what shitty jobs they do on other social programs. We can't afford to have them screw this up.

Immie

you are free to buy your health care from whomever you like....you do not have to use your employers program....nor does your employer have to pay for it for you.....tell them you want to opt out and go buy your own....

if you can't affod that apply for the low income medicare / medicade option....

or you can wait till the government taxes everyone else so you can have yours for free....

I would be happy to pay more in taxes to make sure that the poor get health insurance just don't let the government be the carrier. Add them to Medicare or Medicaid if you want, but don't let the government control everyone's healthcare. Don't let the government drive the private insurers out of business and become the ONLY provider. They have already shown what shitty jobs they do on other social programs. We can't afford to have them screw this up.

Immie

Yep. I agree with that. I am happy to pay to assist those who truly cannot help themselves. Government - as has been proved time and again - are not competent. Nowhere on earth does Government run healthcare truly work. They fuck up everything they touch.

What I won't do is pay for illegal aliens or people who can afford it and choose not to.

Also, the US leads the world in medical innovation - that happens because there is money in that innovation. If we lose that, where will the future innovations in medicine come from?

Immie

The key word being YOU

Hence.. you should then have nothing against your own voluntary contributions to charities that then hand out necessary health care to 'needy' or 'wanty' individuals....

But in no way are those individuals owed something for their personal well being at the expense of someone else's personal freedoms

The government has no business as a sole provider of this service.. and it has no business in the redistribution of wealth called for to provide it

Immie

The key word being YOU

Hence.. you should then have nothing against your own voluntary contributions to charities that then hand out necessary health care to 'needy' or 'wanty' individuals....

I did say: "I"

I did not say that I felt others had to do the same or think the same as I do.

Unfortunately, the little bit I have to give won't go all that far. :(

But in no way are those individuals owed something for their personal well being at the expense of someone else's personal freedoms

Agreed, not owed, but I, again with the I, would rather provide for the needy than see the needy dead or dying for lack of help.

The government has no business as a sole provider of this service.. and it has no business in the redistribution of wealth called for to provide it

Once again, I agree on both counts.

Immie

Immie
You DO know that Medicare and Medicaid are government programs, right?

Anyone know if the new plan requires drug tests to get the free health care? If not then count me out... You liberals can pay for your drug buddy's health insurance but I'm not going to do it.....I guess that's why the government is trying to force us to pay for it.... Great Government we have!

Anyone know if the new plan requires drug tests to get the free health care? If not then count me out... You liberals can pay for your drug buddy's health insurance but I'm not going to do it.....I guess that's why the government is trying to force us to pay for it.... Great Government we have!
It's not free healthcare. People will pay premiums, according to their ability.
Free healthcare is the con talking point though.

Immie
You DO know that Medicare and Medicaid are government programs, right?

Absolutely, however, they are not the universal plans that the Democrats are attempting to force down our throats. They are government assistance programs for the needy. The public option plans being discussed today are out and out attempts to take over the Health Insurance industry and remove all competition from that market opening the door for full government control of all of our health insurance needs.

Immie

So.. if 40% of the people can't afford to pay (and why not, 40% don't pay income taxes)... what will my premiums be?

There ya go sparky.. A LOT while some pay nothing. Don't be such a fucking idiot.

each according to their ability....each according to their needs.........

I am one of those individuals who is very happy with their healthcare. It costs me about 6% of my weekly income, I have never been denied coverage for my pre-existing condition, and I never have to pay more than 25 bucks even if I end up needing an MRI, still just pay the 25 bucks for the visit.

I think its a bargain.

That being said there are some things that need reforming......for example once an insurance company enters into a contract to cover you they should not be able to back out of it if you get sick or have some condition that they dont want to cover.

you already pay for them....emergency rooms...methadone clinincs....etc....

each according to their ability....each according to their needs.........

Geee.. where have I heard that?

The bottom line here is that a lot of people want no part in their own healthcare. Everything should be low/no cost. It isn't feasible... if everybody's getting something for nothing... how long can that last?

If people are bitching now about $400 premiums with what they consider to be poor coverage, how do these idiots think Cadillac coverage is going to be delivered when we ALL have it but 40% aren't paying? Really?? This makes sense?

Turning these pencil dicks in DC loose is no answer.. they can fuck up a wet dream.

Put another way... if there are ten of us... and 5 of us have $200 and 5 have nothing, and it costs $100 a piece for health coverage.... how's that gonna work? Sounds like 5 of us are paying for everything or at he very least. some of us are going without.

Immie

The key word being YOU

Agreed, not owed, but I, again with the I, would rather provide for the needy than see the needy dead or dying for lack of help.

Immie

Immie.. I also voluntarily contribute to a couple medical charities that I find worthwhile.. but while I may ask others to support those charities too (Yes.. please support American Diabetes Association and St. Judes) I would never expect anyone to be forced to do so

The key word being YOU

Immie

Immie.. I also voluntarily contribute to a couple medical charities that I find worthwhile.. but while I may ask others to support those charities too (Yes.. please support American Diabetes Association and St. Judes) I would never expect anyone to be forced to do so

I completely understand, but I don't understand where you get the impression that I was expecting anyone to be forced to do so.

I said, I would not be opposed to it and really I wouldn't. I think we could cut a hell of a lot of pork out the federal budget and help the needy.

Immie

We already help the "needy" in this country to a tune of over 1 trillion dollars. Have any of those "needy" ever said "thank you" to those of us who pay their bills while they sit on their fat asses and watch Oprah. The more I participate in these discussion about "helping our fellow Americans" the less I'm inclined to do so. Too many people ripping off the system, esp.the govt. I would guess that only 25 cents on a tax dollar allocated for the poor even gets to the poor.. Fix that first.And how about a fricking thank you to those that contribute.

Forum List

Back