70 Palestinian captives died under torture in Israeli jails

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- A human rights report revealed that 70 Palestinian captives died under torture in Israeli occupation jails since 1967.

The report, which was written by Abdul Naser Farwana, a researcher in prisoners' affairs, added: "There are tens of captives who died after being released from Israeli jails of illnesses caused mainly by torture. Hundreds of ex-captives are still suffering various physical and psychological illnesses and permanent disabilities as a result of the torture they underwent during their captivity."

Farwana said that the fact that the list of martyrs contains only male captives does not mean that female and child captives are not tortured in Israeli occupation jails, pointing to the fact that all testimonies point to the fact that all Palestinians who get detained by the occupation are subjected to torture regardless of their age, sex or health condition.

70 Palestinian captives died under torture in Israeli jails

I don't know one thing about these prisoners. I don't know their names. I don't know what they did. I have never met any of them, nor any of their relatives. I do not know anything about them.

But I'll still pretend that they are all terrorists and that they deserved to be tortured and killed in prisons either which way, because it helps me sleep at night. It is very convenient for my conscience to be able to say that none of these people have any rights because they're very evil, because I do not have the intellectual capacity to think otherwise. If I support Israel, and Israel tortures some prisoners, then it must be OK, because if it wasn't I wouldn't support them. This is all well and good: Good thinking, Israel! I can go back to be happy now.

Forum List

Back