7 Million dollars tax break to Carrier for 800 jobs

Indiana agrees $7 million tax break to keep Carrier jobs in state: company

Actually about 800 jobs are being saved. The tax payers of Indiana pick up the tab.

You were fine throwing away $9.2 billion on bailing out the auto industry.

Well thats just different...since it was barry doing it.

Hmmm the auto bail out saved about 1,5 MILLION jobs. This one save 1,000 jobs. Let's compare....

So you think Trumps done?

Actually about 800 jobs are being saved. The tax payers of Indiana pick up the tab.

Hmmm the auto bail out saved about 1,5 MILLION jobs. This one save 1,000 jobs. Let's compare....
Any diversion from the facts will suffice for HereWeGone

No. He is just getting started setting himself and his family up at your expense.

Well if he saves 1,000 jobs for every 1,300 jobs that move... we should still have enough jobs left by the time his 4 years are done.

Well if he saves 1,000 jobs for every 1,300 jobs that move... we should still have enough jobs left by the time his 4 years are done.

He's just getting started.You need to step back and get your crying towel out and dry your tears while Trump saves the country you hate so much.

He's just getting started.You need to step back and get your crying towel out and dry your tears while Trump saves the country you hate so much.

The country I hate so much...gotcha. So that's the best come back you got when you can't fight the facts? I had a low blow comment, but I'm not going to say it and stoop to your level.

Werent those 1300 with lost jobs part of the country?

Throwing away? Thats a funny way to describe a loan.

Yes, it would be, but since that's the money that was never paid back, I'm not sure what your point is.

Yes, it would be, but since that's the money that was never paid back, I'm not sure what your point is.

A great deal of the money NOT paid back was under Bush's first loan from Chrysler. Maybe you should take it up with them?

Will those former Democrat voters ever forgive democrats for their fury at the employees not losing their jobs?

If there is anything glaring out of this, it's an exhibition of the hatred and contempt democrats have for middle class voters.

How will the 1,300 people who lost their jobs because Trump didn't save them vote next election cycle?
What a weird spin. But I thought the tax RELIEF was 700,000 or $700 per employee. How would losing their tax and spending help the economy?

Are you replying to me? What does that have to do with what I said? Sure Trump may have back peddled on his statement about not letting companies threaten him into tax breaks to save jobs... and saved 1,000 jobs. But the bargain he made still allowed the company to cut 1,300 jobs and close a factory.
My post has everything to do with what you said and going even weirder doesn't help. I heard many of his speeches and never heard him say companies won't threaten him into tax breaks. Nor was it only about taxes. They would likely lose the government contracts. For most companies that's the golden goose.

I don't know what the fuck you are bitching about. Trump didn't run to be God. You make no sense.

What is so hard for you to understand? Trump said he wouldn't let companies push him around and bow to giving them tax breaks to stay here. He said he would threaten them with huge taxes if they moved jobs to Mexico. Now has already bowed to them and given a tax break to stay, and at the same time let them move more jobs than he saved to Mexico and even close a factory.
Read the posts. I never heard him say no tax breaks and you apparently can't find a source for it. He said he'd slap a tariff on goods coming in, not taxing the companies for moving. You haven't got anything correct so far.

A great deal of the money NOT paid back was under Bush's first loan from Chrysler. Maybe you should take it up with them?
They were supposed to pay the loan back before he left office? Sounds like bullshit, go ahead and prove me wrong.

That would be incorrect

Federal government lost $9.26B on auto rescue

The country I hate so much...gotcha. So that's the best come back you got when you can't fight the facts? I had a low blow comment, but I'm not going to say it and stoop to your level.

You obviously hate the fact that Trump is keeping jobs in America. Whats one supposed to think?

How will the 1,300 people who lost their jobs because Trump didn't save them vote next election cycle?
What a weird spin. But I thought the tax RELIEF was 700,000 or $700 per employee. How would losing their tax and spending help the economy?

Are you replying to me? What does that have to do with what I said? Sure Trump may have back peddled on his statement about not letting companies threaten him into tax breaks to save jobs... and saved 1,000 jobs. But the bargain he made still allowed the company to cut 1,300 jobs and close a factory.
My post has everything to do with what you said and going even weirder doesn't help. I heard many of his speeches and never heard him say companies won't threaten him into tax breaks. Nor was it only about taxes. They would likely lose the government contracts. For most companies that's the golden goose.

I don't know what the fuck you are bitching about. Trump didn't run to be God. You make no sense.

What is so hard for you to understand? Trump said he wouldn't let companies push him around and bow to giving them tax breaks to stay here. He said he would threaten them with huge taxes if they moved jobs to Mexico. Now has already bowed to them and given a tax break to stay, and at the same time let them move more jobs than he saved to Mexico and even close a factory.
Read the posts. I never heard him say no tax breaks and you apparently can't find a source for it. He said he'd slap a tariff on goods coming in, not taxing the companies for moving. You haven't got anything correct so far.

Here is a great article...you should read it. We still don't know for sure what Trump promised United Technologies, but I can garantee you it was more than just $7 million in tax breaks over 10 years.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-carrier-jobs-913348bbf46#.rj2jlednn

Forum List

Back