7 inches of snow and still coming down

Here in California, we don't allow snow except in the mountains. Currently, it is snowing over 7,000 feet or so in the Central Sierra, but it is 70 degrees here. I think it was on a state referendum or something.:tongue: It's a good thing, too, because California drivers who don't ski have no idea at all how to drive in it. Some of those who do ski still have no clue. They close the Grapevine (main highway between northern and southern California) for a few inches. That's because so many people think the minimum speed is 80 or so, most likely.

From my experience living in southern Ca., they don't know how to drive in the rain either. :lol:

85 degrees today...i played softball

:ahole-1: :tomato: :banned03:

It's barely 20 degrees here. Our average high should be in the forties and we'll be lucky to break 20 today. :mad:

41 here in northern Idaho. I just shoveled the last of the snow this morning from the sidewalk. We've had a record breaking year with snow, 124 inches so far.

Hey Meister, send some over to Oregon's Blue Mountains. A fair amount of snow, but the pack is nothing to brag about.

:ahole-1: :tomato: :banned03:

It's barely 20 degrees here. Our average high should be in the forties and we'll be lucky to break 20 today. :mad:

41 here in northern Idaho. I just shoveled the last of the snow this morning from the sidewalk. We've had a record breaking year with snow, 124 inches so far.

Hey Meister, send some over to Oregon's Blue Mountains. A fair amount of snow, but the pack is nothing to brag about.

I wish you would have said something back in December, when it was snowing an inch an hour for 48 hours straight. I had to pay someone 350 dollars to shovel snow off the roof, there was 4 ft up there. :lol:

I wish you would have said something back in December, when it was snowing an inch an hour for 48 hours straight. I had to pay someone 350 dollars to shovel snow off the roof, there was 4 ft up there. :lol:

juan my neighbor would have done it for 100.....:lol:

I drove in white out conditions (Montana) for 400 miles, dark out, and on a two lane back roads at 10 mph! Talk about white knuckle driving. It was like driving on dry ice and hydroplaning the entire way! Seriously scary. When I pulled up to our driveway, I turned to my two boys, husband and said. "I never want to hear another backseat driver comment again from any of you, for you are all home alive"

LOL

Dang power keeps flickering here too.

Yer husband let you drive?
What, was he to embarrassed to ask directions to the drivers seat?
No we went to a social gathering and he had too much to drink.

Oh, well that's ok then.

Yeah, well the week before I had somebody up there for 75.00, and he fell off the roof. He never finsihed the job. Glad he didn't try and sue me. I went with somebody that was insured for the 350.

Yeah, well the week before I had somebody up there for 75.00, and he fell off the roof. He never finsihed the job. Glad he didn't try and sue me. I went with somebody that was insured for the 350.

Juan said only a Mexican can get up there and do it.....thats one of the jobs us gringos wont do,thats why the white boy fell off....hey im just sayin...

Juan said only a Mexican can get up there and do it.....thats one of the jobs us gringos wont do,thats why the white boy fell off....hey im just sayin...

You tell Juan to get his ass up here we'll take care ....well just sayin

7" of snow is threadworthy? Sheesh! What would you people do if you got 7-8" of snow a day for 3-4 days in a row?

)

Uhh.. MOVE !!!

Why? Everywhere you can move to has some form or another of crappy weather... Too hot, too cold, too much snow, too much rain, earthquakes, etc..

Very true. Here in Tennessee, we get it ALL + tornadoes. The difference is that the weather here changes about every three days. You NEVER have time to get bored by it. :) We started the week with 8 inches of snow and it's supposed to be in the 70's by Friday.

Glad all is okay, other than freezing Bones!

It is still snowing up here, very lightly, the storm is definitely on its way out.

We probably got around 10 inches, maybe a foot....but it sleeted in between, which squashed down some of the snow height.

In 2 weeks, I will be in Florida, for 3 weeks! Looking forward to it! By the time i get back up here, all the snow should be melted and i should be home just in time for "Mud Season", and then "Black Fly" season! :lol: Gosh!!! Ya gotta love it!!! NOT!!!

though, i would not trade where i live for any other spot...

care

woke up to 1.8 degrees...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....now up to 2.5 degrees....what part of tn?

That sounds like a good wood fire and hot chocolate weather :) I'm over in Middle Tennessee.

that's the problem with Maine......

Almost every day of winter is like that, and sitting on ones bum in front of the fireplace drinking hot chocolate the entire winter, adds precisely 10lbs on to a female that is 5'3''!

It takes almost a full month and maybe even 2 months in Spring, of working out in the garden and watching everything you eat, to get that "winter coat" of hot chocolates, off!

:(:(:(

and 2-3 months after that....summer is over, and it begins all over again....

care

i keep falling asleep in front of the wood stove...hot chocolate is a good idea....we are sleeping under the heavier down comforter....it will be warm soon enough

Forum List

Back