7 inches of snow and still coming down

We're in the midst of the storm, now here in Maine.

We're told to expect about a foot. It's been another snowrich season.

I could do with out it, to be perfectly honest.

We got about 6-7 inches over night from Fri to Sat so the roads are all cleared now and the excitement is over. I won't mind when summer gets here, I'm so ready to shed some clothes.

I think I'm looking at a foot outside. Hopefully my car still works today ... I don't want to have to put her down.

3 to 4 inches in my area and just like I thought, just about everything is shut down! LOL

big deal 4 inches and people around here act like it's the news event of the year.

We're expecting a total of 15" around the airport. Nowhere else. Just the airport area in Milw. They've got about 9" now. You can walk 2 miles in any direction, and it'll be bone dry. :badgrin:

Bizzare.

We're expecting a total of 15" around the airport. Nowhere else. Just the airport area in Milw. They've got about 9" now. You can walk 2 miles in any direction, and it'll be bone dry. :badgrin:

Bizzare.
Evidence of Global Warming I bet. :lol:

Bizzare.
Evidence of Global Warming I bet. :lol:

...and it all started 2 miles from General Mitchell International Airport (I think that's what it's still called)..

We could be famous soon.

I find it so funny how the news gets all hyped up over snow that will melt within 2 days. It's not even 4 inches and everything is shut down! Perhaps it's because the towns don't want to pay money to clear the roads. Yep that's the ticket, scare people to stay home so they don't have to salt the roads.

Airport shut down! Major impact on schools and government buildings...they will all be closed. *laughing*

I can't believe they closed the NYC public schools. There's only about 6 inches on the ground. What wimps! I remember walking in a foot of snow to go to school.

Back in the early 90's stationed at Dover Air Force Base, they closed the base down do to 1 inch of RAIN!

The 4 years I lived in Montana (loads of snow) the school never closed, nothing closed. Only a few times an hour or two delay so the trucks can salt the roads but even that only a few places closed.

If it snows more than 2" an hour here, schools are closed (tho I don't know why since the entire town is something like 10--12 miles square - it's not like it's impossible to get anywhere).. If it's less than that, everythings open no matter how much we get.

Back in the early 90's stationed at Dover Air Force Base, they closed the base down do to 1 inch of RAIN!

The 4 years I lived in Montana (loads of snow) the school never closed, nothing closed. Only a few times an hour or two delay so the trucks can salt the roads but even that only a few places closed.

I'm surprised that they closed the schools. This is the first time in 10 years that public schools are closed. We have a tremendous public transportation so I'm perplexed as to why they did this.

I'm surprised that they closed the schools. This is the first time in 10 years that public schools are closed. We have a tremendous public transportation so I'm perplexed as to why they did this.
A good reason to have state Government to save money on shutting down schools and stuff maybe?

85 degrees today...i played softball

:ahole-1: :tomato: :banned03:

It's barely 20 degrees here. Our average high should be in the forties and we'll be lucky to break 20 today. :mad:

41 here in northern Idaho. I just shoveled the last of the snow this morning from the sidewalk. We've had a record breaking year with snow, 124 inches so far.

man insisted on driving me to work...that is so damned odd...he apparently was simply one of many who decided their little wives couldnt drive well enough to go out in the big bad storm...oooooo them snowflakes are gonna get ya....it is a real pretty snow...some electrical outages but not wide spread...cold not real cold..but cold

Here in California, we don't allow snow except in the mountains. Currently, it is snowing over 7,000 feet or so in the Central Sierra, but it is 70 degrees here. I think it was on a state referendum or something.:tongue: It's a good thing, too, because California drivers who don't ski have no idea at all how to drive in it. Some of those who do ski still have no clue. They close the Grapevine (main highway between northern and southern California) for a few inches. That's because so many people think the minimum speed is 80 or so, most likely.

Forum List

Back