7 in 10 Republicans Believe Trump Can Win The White House

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
AP-GfK Poll: Republicans view Donald Trump as most electable

By STEVE PEOPLES and EMILY SWANSON

(AP) In this Oct. 23, 2015, file photo, Republican presidential candidate Donald...
Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican voters view Donald Trump as their strongest general election candidate, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that highlights the sharp contrast between the party's voters and its top professionals regarding the billionaire businessman's ultimate political strength.

Seven in 10 Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters say Trump could win in November 2016 if he is nominated, and that's the most who say so of any candidate. By comparison, 6 in 10 say the same for retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who, like Trump, has tapped into the powerful wave of antiestablishment anger defining the early phases of the 2016 contest.

"It's the lifelong establishment politicians on both sides that rub me the wrong way," said registered Republican Joe Selig, a 60-year-old carpenter from Vallejo, California. "I think Trump is more electable. He's strong. We need strength these days."

My Way News - AP-GfK Poll: Republicans view Donald Trump as most electable

As of today I don't doubt he can win the GOP nomination. Am less certain the actual election. I'm just not convinced he actually wants it. Why throw all his power away to become the one person in the country to be blamed for everything? :)

I love it when a post makes the libtards mad... :lol:

PRESIDENT TRUMP... going to be hard for the pajama boys and girls to deal with... :lol:

As of today I don't doubt he can win the GOP nomination. Am less certain the actual election. I'm just not convinced he actually wants it. Why throw all his power away to become the one person in the country to be blamed for everything? :)

I lend credit to that assumption. Trump is still an enigma.

Carson and Trump are dominating, but their chummy rapport turns cool

Think he'd like the nom if only to prolong how people are talking about him, and het gets to talk, I just don't see what'd be in it for him to be President for 4 or 8 years, then basicly have to retire from public life afterwords. He's an egomaniac in the extreme, but if he'd been President he'd essentially be forced into retirement.

The same people who WOULDN'T vote for "Off-shoring Romney" WILL vote for "Fair Trade" Trump.

Romney was a far better, credentialed candidate than The Donald, and he got beaten strongly.

Trump will not get 45% of the votes if he is our candidate.

Donald will get the nomination, but lose to Bernie Sanders in the national. It's so funny that people can't see that.

AP-GfK Poll: Republicans view Donald Trump as most electable

By STEVE PEOPLES and EMILY SWANSON

(AP) In this Oct. 23, 2015, file photo, Republican presidential candidate Donald...
Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican voters view Donald Trump as their strongest general election candidate, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that highlights the sharp contrast between the party's voters and its top professionals regarding the billionaire businessman's ultimate political strength.

Seven in 10 Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters say Trump could win in November 2016 if he is nominated, and that's the most who say so of any candidate. By comparison, 6 in 10 say the same for retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who, like Trump, has tapped into the powerful wave of antiestablishment anger defining the early phases of the 2016 contest.

"It's the lifelong establishment politicians on both sides that rub me the wrong way," said registered Republican Joe Selig, a 60-year-old carpenter from Vallejo, California. "I think Trump is more electable. He's strong. We need strength these days."

My Way News - AP-GfK Poll: Republicans view Donald Trump as most electable

Good, please nominate him. I'm in. I may even help since I'm sure Hillary will be the Democratic nominee. I think I'll register Republican for the primary so I can vote for Trump.

"7 in 10 Republicans Believe Trump Can Win The White House"

Which is good for democrats, who'd love nothing more than Trump being the GOP nominee.

Of course, that won't be the case.

I don't know. If enough Dems cross over to vote for Trump in the primary, he could end up winning the nomination.

but they won't. because he still represents extreme rightwing policies.

you nominate him or carson, it will be amusing to say the least.

Think he'd like the nom if only to prolong how people are talking about him, and het gets to talk, I just don't see what'd be in it for him to be President for 4 or 8 years, then basicly have to retire from public life afterwords. He's an egomaniac in the extreme, but if he'd been President he'd essentially be forced into retirement.

Everyone who runs for the Presidency has an ego.

And he won't be any more retired than he wants to be.

Which is good for democrats, who'd love nothing more than Trump being the GOP nominee.

I don't know. If enough Dems cross over to vote for Trump in the primary, he could end up winning the nomination.

If deporting illegals is "extreme" than I don't want to be mainstream.

And neither do most voters.

we already are deporting illegals.

building a wall is extreme.

thinking mexico will pay for it is stupid.

and this is the problem with the extreme right... you don't understand how normal people think and why you keep losing national elections.

we already are deporting illegals.

building a wall is extreme.

thinking mexico will pay for it is stupid.

and this is the problem with the extreme right... you don't understand how normal people think and why you keep losing national elections.

Building a wall when you have literally MILLIONS of unwelcome criminals pouring across the border isn't extreme, it's common sense.

Slamming Mexico for it's part in this is WAY past due, the fucking assholes. THey have been very bad neighbors.

And Trump isn't rising in the polls because he is saying what people don't want to hear.

Forum List

Back