60 Minutes Reportedly Set To Reveal Pelosi Corruption...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
60 Minutes Expected to Air Investigation of Pelosi Stock Investments.

Indications from the Beltway media world are that 60 Minutes is preparing to air a segment exploring legislative actions House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi oversaw that might have benefited her husband's stock investments.

According to multiple news reports, 60 Minutes reporter Steve Kroft sprang a number of questions on Pelosi at a recent press conference in Washington, D.C. about why legislation affecting credit-card swipe fees was not brought to the floor of the house for a vote late in 2008.

Earlier that year, Pelosi's husband, San Francisco businessman Paul Pelosi, purchased between $1 and $5 million in Visa stock. Visa, based in San Francisco, was undergoing a large IPO.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/S...bn=24619&tid=2002546&mid=2002546&tof=14&off=1

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the charges that may be made against Pelosi, but generally members of Congress enjoy anomalously high returns on their investments:

"Abnormal Returns Of U.S. House of Representatives" by Alan J. Ziobrowski, James W. Boyd et al.

The study finds that congresspersons beat the market by about 6% annually, with a similar study finding 10% for senators. They speculate that this is done either by exploiting secret information (which apparently is legal, for some reason) or by casting votes to enhance their investments (which, again as far as I can tell, violates no laws).

I don't understand why people aren't outraged by things like this. Congress makes the laws, and they've crafted the laws pretty explicitly to allow them to line their own pockets. There are of course ethical and political consequences (when they are caught) but there should be legal ones as well.

I'm sure she was trying to make as much money as she could, to give to the poor.

Yea i never trusted Pelosi. Once she labelled protesters "Un-American Nazis",i gave up on her for good. I hope they throw the book at her. She really does deserve it.

Kroft also reportedly peppered House Speaker John Boehner with questions about trades he made in health-insurance company stock as healthcare reform legislation was moving through Congress. Boehner denied any improprieties in the trades.

from the article.

Indications from the Beltway media world are that 60 Minutes is preparing to air a segment exploring legislative actions House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi oversaw that might have benefited her husband's stock investments.

According to multiple news reports, 60 Minutes reporter Steve Kroft sprang a number of questions on Pelosi at a recent press conference in Washington, D.C. about why legislation affecting credit-card swipe fees was not brought to the floor of the house for a vote late in 2008.

Earlier that year, Pelosi's husband, San Francisco businessman Paul Pelosi, purchased between $1 and $5 million in Visa stock. Visa, based in San Francisco, was undergoing a large IPO.

Yahoo! Message Boards - E*TRADE Financial Corporation - 60 Minutes Reportedly Set to Reveal Pelosi Corruption !

You mean real journalistic reporting from the main stream media that might hurt a person on the liberal side of politics.....wow color me shocked and pleasently surpised :clap2:

I'm sure she was trying to make as much money as she could, to give to the poor.
So they could have Botox treatments too! :lol:

My Grandfather flew a mission in WWII where one of the crew members was named Pelosi, maybe a relative?

He also flew with McGovern on a mission over Germany. Yes THAT McGovern!

Kroft also reportedly peppered House Speaker John Boehner with questions about trades he made in health-insurance company stock as healthcare reform legislation was moving through Congress. Boehner denied any improprieties in the trades.

from the article.

You only pre condem the other side huh?

Yahoo! Message Boards - E*TRADE Financial Corporation - 60 Minutes Reportedly Set to Reveal Pelosi Corruption !

Wait, this story sells? Damn, I wish I'd done it. I mean, everyone's known about this for years. I would have done it but I didn't think there'd be any money involved. Why did it take so long to become an issue?

If we had a media worth it's money, they would do an investigation into the whole fucking bunch of them. Several times I have raised the issue that our politicians seem to leave office substantially richer than they go in... and that the numbers do not generally add up. People earning the same amount outside of DC do not retire with the kind of wealth accumulated by politicians. Something stinks... and the stench comes from both sides of the aisle.

from the article.

You only pre condem the other side huh?

Where did I condemn Pelosi? I'm surprised that 60mins would look into anything the hag would do, but I'm not convinced of her guilt anymore than I would be Boehner's, by an article in the snitch.

I know from the local non bought off media her involvement with Treasure Island developments etc. is pretty nasty, and no, I don't believe for a minute 60 Minutes ( no pun intended) will run this, BUT will copiously apologize if proven wrong, in a heartbeat.

shocking pelosi corrupt?:eusa_whistle::lol:

Forum List

Back