"60 Days In"

The new series has two Republican women going in. I can’t wait to see their experience in and perspective after

Being a police officer has the effect of subliminally separating one from the social mainstream by imparting a subliminal us and them disposition. Tami is suddenly not a cop and having to confront the circumstances of that new reality has short-circuited what was her conditioned police mentality. She suddenly is without the protective sense of authority that comes with a badge and she doesn't know what to do.

What we are seeing in Tami's bizarre behavior is the effect of profound emotional shock. She simply cannot deal with feeling ordinary and she's reacting with suppressed infantile rage.

[...]
You guys are all spot on. Sorry I’m 6 years late.

Did any of you see the next season? I’m just starting it now. A much more dangerous prison. Arizona. Gamgs. cartels

I watched the first season or so. Laughably silly and edited for effect.
Yea but still some of it was real. It wasn't flattering to the participants.

The blonde girl was a drama queen. She showed how little things get blown up in prison. She was so easily offended. Ali's daughter made a comment about a short bus and it offended her. That white girl needed to get shanked.

How about the guy who acted like he was cool but it was so obvious he was faking injury and got himself put into isolation because he was scared. He tried to lie but the cops, and us, saw right through him. I would not want that man teaching my kids.

Or the lebian cop. I loved to see a cop without the badge. No one jumps when they say jump. And it bothered her. She's so used to having authority. It was fun watching her get her feelings hurt because no one liked her and she couldn't see she was the one causing the most drama.

I liked it when crazy Ricky was picking on the weakling who was giving his commissary away. That wasn't fake. He asked to be let out immediately. Pussy. I would have beaten the shit out of Ricky. Even the Marine said he wouldn't be afraid if Ricky started to pick on him because he's not that big.

The next season looks even better. My favorite so far is the Hispanic guy who used to be in prison and gangs. He went in there and showed how it's done. Some black guy tried to disrespect him and he called him on it. The black guy punked out. So then another black challenged the black who punked out and the punk won. So the other black guy had to leave. So now this guy has respect and everyone trusts him. I wouldn't fuck with him either.

When you have TV cameras running around a correctional facility....
They told the inmates they're doing a documentary.

Oh yea, good point. It's not a hidden camera filming them. They know that camera is in the room. Duh. You're right.

The new series has two Republican women going in. I can’t wait to see their experience in and perspective after
Isn't the "reason" for the show to exist in the first place is to get the inside scoop on drug trafficking and other contraband inside the county lockups? Sounds like they are casting for someone who likely wouldn't know pot from potash.

Isn't the "reason" for the show to exist in the first place is to get the inside scoop on drug trafficking and other contraband inside the county lockups? Sounds like they are casting for someone who likely wouldn't know pot from potash.
No shit. If you want drugs, you have to send someone who does drugs in. They were worried about the young black kid because he was smoking crack sticks with the inmates.
A crack stick is just nicotine. They tried to make a big deal of Isaiah smoking one, but it wasnt anything illegal, just against the rules.

No shit. If you want drugs, you have to send someone who does drugs in. They were worried about the young black kid because he was smoking crack sticks with the inmates.
A crack stick is just nicotine. They tried to make a big deal of Isaiah smoking one, but it wasnt anything illegal, just against the rules.

I'll take your word for it. As stated, I caught some of the first season because it was something novel. The bad acting in the cutaways and silly "Next time on 60 days in...." turned me off. That isn't the fault of 60DI, it's just reality TV in general.

I'm happy that some tried, at least for a while, to re-brand the whole genre as "unscripted" which is more accurate I suppose.

The only reality series I ever got fully vested in and was actually sort of sad when it got cancelled was Mantracker. Did you ever see it?

I'll take your word for it. As stated, I caught some of the first season because it was something novel. The bad acting in the cutaways and silly "Next time on 60 days in...." turned me off. That isn't the fault of 60DI, it's just reality TV in general.

I'm happy that some tried, at least for a while, to re-brand the whole genre as "unscripted" which is more accurate I suppose.

The only reality series I ever got fully vested in and was actually sort of sad when it got cancelled was Mantracker. Did you ever see it?

That sounds good. No never heard of it.

Maybe back then when you were watching you didn't have a DVR? I love it. I tape these shows then fast forward the commercials and even if they are talking to someone who bores me I hit the skip 30 seconds button to hurry through.

Same thing with Big Time Wrestling. I like it when they talk. I fast forward most of the wrestling.

DVR has changed my life. I remember for a while I was still watching my 8 oclock shows at 8pm. Now I know to tape them, then wait 15 minutes so I can ff the commercials.

That sounds good. No never heard of it.
Yeah, it doesn't come on any more. I was surprised to see that it lasted seven seasons. What I liked about it the most is probably the reason I don't watch much reality television--it was essentially a "we're tracking these two" and that was pretty much it. There wasn't some hidden cache of supplies they could find to give them an advantage or "hurt" the folks looking for them...no twists or turns. If it rained...it rained. If it was a clear warm evening the parties that were being hunted could still move (although I think I heard on an interview one time that between 9PM and 6 AM, both sides stopped). I watched a few seasons of The Amazing Race and it had a lot of those elements too. I stopped watching when you could hamstring other teams

Yeah, it doesn't come on any more. I was surprised to see that it lasted seven seasons. What I liked about it the most is probably the reason I don't watch much reality television--it was essentially a "we're tracking these two" and that was pretty much it. There wasn't some hidden cache of supplies they could find to give them an advantage or "hurt" the folks looking for them...no twists or turns. If it rained...it rained. If it was a clear warm evening the parties that were being hunted could still move (although I think I heard on an interview one time that between 9PM and 6 AM, both sides stopped). I watched a few seasons of The Amazing Race and it had a lot of those elements too. I stopped watching when you could hamstring other teams
I want to see a show where you can bring as much as you can carry in. Guns, saws, hatchet, swiss army, flint sticks, water purifier straws, whatever. I love Alone because it's 10 people and some drop out right away and some last a long time. Some get a deer kill some eat bugs and berries. You're lucky if you catch a lot of fish. So let them have a fishing pole with lures. Or at least hooks. You can easily make your own sinkers. Bring a fishing net. A good tent. In one of those bad ass back packs. Real light. A blow up boat. You could carry in so much good shit to make your life easier.

And I don't like not giving them guns when there are grizzly around and wolves. But I'm sure like all reality shows, they aren't really along. They say they're doing all their own filming but I bet 200 yards away is the production crew so no grizzly is going to eat them in the middle of the night really. Anyways, if I go out in the woods, I think it's foolish not to have a good handgun and rifle.

I love Alone. I also love Mountain Men. Those guys are bad ass. But like you, I see how they are doing things sometimes for the camera. That's ok. Just do it well. Because I watch every show, twice. I would love to be out there doing that. Trapping. Hunting. Fishing. Making fire. Cutting lumber. Making a home out of timber.

Forum List

Back