6 question Financial literacy test. National average is 3 out of 6 correct.

Aced it. Taking a look at how folks did in different states, from my glance it appears those in Texas and Florida did the worse, chart below shows them missing the most. Although it disappoints me that it's based on 2015 results.

upload_2019-3-2_19-18-11.png
upload_2019-3-2_19-20-4.png

On the other hand, Montana kicked butt.

upload_2019-3-2_19-28-39.png

5 out of 6, and not sure how I missed the bond question since I know better. Got in a hurry I guess.

5 of 6. Not bad but really dumb questions.
Yes that's the point, fairly straightforward questions and the average grade across the country is 50%.

How many people in this country typically own bonds? Throw out that question and all you have proven is the average American sucks at math, which is a given!

5 Correct 0 Incorrect 1 Don't Know

Didn't know the answer to the bond question. If I had guessed I might have gotten it right.

Sure like to see the scores of some others in here. Those that fretted about ‘how long’ it would take for Amazon to ‘pay back’ the $3B last week might be a fun group to start with.

5 of 6. Not bad but really dumb questions.
Yes that's the point, fairly straightforward questions and the average grade across the country is 50%.

How many people in this country typically own bonds? Throw out that question and all you have proven is the average American sucks at math, which is a given!
You can suck at math and still get these questions right. It's about understanding how money and interest rates work.

Forum List

Back