57% in favor of Obamacare Repeal

See Poll Question. Look And See. See Spot Run. Ron Spot Run, See The Tea Party Woman, With A Gun!

From the poll:

"2* A proposal has been made to repeal the health care bill and stop it from going into effect. Do you strongly favor, somewhat favor, somewhat oppose or strongly oppose a proposal to repeal the health care bill?"

There are four loaded quesiitions, with no middle ground, or a "none of the above."

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Would a "Bearded Mau Mau From Kenya," Smell half so sweet as a Marxist(?)!)

See Poll Question. Look And See. See Spot Run. Ron Spot Run, See The Tea Party Woman, With A Gun!

From the poll:

"2* A proposal has been made to repeal the health care bill and stop it from going into effect. Do you strongly favor, somewhat favor, somewhat oppose or strongly oppose a proposal to repeal the health care bill?"

There are four loaded quesiitions, with no middle ground, or a "none of the above."

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Would a "Bearded Mau Mau From Kenya," Smell half so sweet as a Marxist(?)!)

LOADED QUESTION!!!

Are you out of your mind?

How would you pose the question?

"Some teabaggers are attempting to circumvent the constitution by repealing the First Black President Obama's landmark legislation because they are racists. Do you agree with the racists?

1) Yes, I'm a racist.

2) No.

3) Something nuanced."

:rolleyes:

Just how did your fertile imagine come up with that stretch?

You hacks trying to play this off as if it's either "this" or "that," and there's NOTHING else available, are pumping a load of gas here.

How about we try something different because clearly what went on under Bush didn't work. In that "Pledge to America" it was more of the same. Is that really the direction you want to keep going in?

How is the pledge more of the same? Bush spent like hell. The pledge is talking about Stopping the spending.

Sorry the old, It will be more of Bush line, is not working.

Just how did your fertile imagine come up with that stretch?

You hacks trying to play this off as if it's either "this" or "that," and there's NOTHING else available, are pumping a load of gas here.

How about we try something different because clearly what went on under Bush didn't work. In that "Pledge to America" it was more of the same. Is that really the direction you want to keep going in?

How is the pledge more of the same? Bush spent like hell. The pledge is talking about Stopping the spending.

Exactly.

Yes Bush and the republicans have spent their share of money. But what the dems have spent in the last two years makes what the repubs spent look like CHUMP CHANGE. Hence the only party that seems to have been LISTENING to Americans when they said STOP SPENDING was the repubs, and the Tea Party. The dems still think we should SPEND AND TAX MORE!!! They don't GET IT! THE COUNTRY IS BROKE, FLAT BROKE, NO MORE MONEY, FRESH OUT, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA. People have to get that through their fucking skulls. We have to STOP SPENDING! And yes, that IS what the republicans are proposing, so if they take back the majority, it won't be just MORE OF THE SAME. If it is, by some tiny spec of a chance, I see a Civil War in this country. This country will straighten itself out, one way or the other.

Last edited:

It is more of the same. It's more Republican rhetoric. They say they will cut spending but then they go out and say but we're going to spend billions on a missle defense plan. Hell, Bush promised to cut spending too and then went ahead and started the Iraq War when he was told not to.

Repeal? Most Americans think health reform did not go far enough, poll finds

A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.

AP Poll: Many think health overhaul should do more - Yahoo! News

uhm......I guess it all depends on what you are looking to highlight?;)

The AP poll was conducted by Stanford University with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Overall, 30 percent favored the legislation, while 40 percent opposed it, and another 30 percent remained neutral.
:eusa_eh:

Polls on individual programs etc. are fine, BUT you have to study the sample questions, partisan pollsters or fronts/grps etc. who do this as one offs, live on over and under sampling ( as in segment balance R/D/I) , and phraseology intended to elicit a particular response.

First rule- no sample questions to reflect the poll, I don't even consider it.
Second rule- no (A) polls...as in Anonymous, (LV) likely voters and (RV) registered voters are best.

BTW, I went to the AP site in the OP and checked their AP exclusive site linked at the bottom, no sign of the innards of the Stanford poll.

Gallup and Ras. always have the questions available and their R/D/I balance is always as close as possible.

Here you go:
How the health care poll was conducted - wtop.com

It is more of the same. It's more Republican rhetoric. They say they will cut spending but then they go out and say but we're going to spend billions on a missle defense plan. Hell, Bush promised to cut spending too and then went ahead and started the Iraq War when he was told not to.

Can't say I recall Bush running on cutting spending, but you may be right. But then Bush was an asshole.

It may just be rhetoric, and if they are elected and do not follow through, they will pay dearly in 2 years.

However at least they are talking about it. All the Dems want to do is spend more money. They think they have not spent enough.

Another interesting finding in this healthcare poll:

The poll's questions included a true-or-false quiz on 19 items, some of which are in the law and others not. People were also asked how confident they were about their answers.

For the most part, majorities picked the right answers. But a sizable number also got things wrong. And right or wrong, people were unsure of their answers. Two-thirds or more were uncertain about their responses on eight of nine core provisions of the legislation.

Analysis of the findings indicated a split as far as the impact of accurate knowledge, between Democrats and independents on one side and Republicans on the other.

Accurate knowledge of the law made no difference in overwhelming opposition from Republicans.

Michael Cagnina, 33, a web developer from Powhatan, Va., summed it up: "It just doesn't make me feel comfortable that the government is going to give people free health care but ultimately the government's money is my money."

However, for Democrats and independents, the more accurate knowledge people had of the bill, the more they liked it.

"Among Democrats and independents, the lack of knowledge is suppressing public approval of the bill," said Stanford political science professor Jon Krosnick, who directed the university's participation. "Although the president and others have done a great deal to educate people about what is in this bill, the process has not been particularly successful."

A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.

The AP poll was conducted by Stanford University with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Overall, 30 percent favored the legislation, while 40 percent opposed it, and another 30 percent remained neutral.

Polls on individual programs etc. are fine, BUT you have to study the sample questions, partisan pollsters or fronts/grps etc. who do this as one offs, live on over and under sampling ( as in segment balance R/D/I) , and phraseology intended to elicit a particular response.

Second rule- no (A) polls...as in Anonymous, (LV) likely voters and (RV) registered voters are best.

BTW, I went to the AP site in the OP and checked their AP exclusive site linked at the bottom, no sign of the innards of the Stanford poll.

Gallup and Ras. always have the questions available and their R/D/I balance is always as close as possible.

Rasmusson's questions do not seem well worded - they are very broad:

National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters
Conducted September 24-25, 2010

By Rasmussen Reports

1* Will the health care plan passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama be good for the country or bad for the country?

2* A proposal has been made to repeal the health care bill and stop it from going into effect. Do you strongly favor, somewhat favor, somewhat oppose or strongly oppose a proposal to repeal the health care bill?

3* Is the health care reform legislation passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama likely to increase the deficit, reduce the deficit or have no impact on the deficit?

4* Under the new health care reform plan, will the quality of health care get better, worse, or stay about the same?

5* Under the new health care reform plan, will the cost of health care go up, go down, or stay about the same?

"Although the president and others have done a great deal to educate people about what is in this bill, the process has not been particularly successful."

You mean like how he tried to educate us by telling us it would not cost anything, and decrease health care costs?

Yeah it was not successful because it was a bold faced lie.

Health Care Law

Most Voters Continue to Favor Repeal of Health Care Law, Expect Costs To Rise

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Likely Voters nationwide now favor repeal of the new health care law, including 46% who Strongly Favor repeal, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

That’s down slightly from results found last week, when 61% favored repeal of the bill. Thirty-five percent (35%) oppose repeal of the law, including 25% who are Strongly Opposed. To see survey question wording, click here.

Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports

Questions:

[FONT=&quot]1* Will the health care plan passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama be good for the country or bad for the country?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
2* A proposal has been made to repeal the health care bill and stop it from going into effect. Do you strongly favor, somewhat favor, somewhat oppose or strongly oppose a proposal to repeal the health care bill?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3* Is the health care reform legislation passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama likely to increase the deficit, reduce the deficit or have no impact on the deficit?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4* Under the new health care reform plan, will the quality of health care get better, worse, or stay about the same?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5* Under the new health care reform plan, will the cost of health care go up, go down, or stay about the same?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NOTE:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence[/FONT]

You might want to look at more polls rather than just the GOP polling data.

Kaiser Poll: More Than Half of Americans Confused About Health Reform - The Note

BTW, 'most voters' and 'likely voters' are not the same thing.

Healthcare isn't getting repealed. GOP'ers who are running on that are just fantasy pandering.

You're right.

All the Democrat campaign ads touting health care are really...uh...really...

What?

Wait a minute.

There are no such ads?

You're kidding, right?

But..but..it's the GOP..that..crap.

Never mind...rats.

Most Democrats that I know are not happy with the bill because it did not contain the public option. Without the public option, the insurance companies can continue to increase premiums and with many millions of new subscriber, they will do just that. No matter what occurs, the law is going to be amended.

If the poll shows 61% favored repeal last week and 57% this week, I wonder what it will be next week. As additional features kick in, the support will grow. Starting Jan 1, millions of seniors on Medicare will see a 50% cut in their cost for brand name drugs. Starting this month dependents will be able to remain on their parents policy till they are 26. Also this year the provision that prevents insurance companies from canceling your policy when you get sick goes into effect. I doubt you will see any of these people clamoring for repeal. Also the government is just starting to inform people of their benefits and rights under the new law.

that depends on your situation. this dependents staying on their parents plan.....do you think this is free?

As far as contacts getting canceled when you get sick, thats a very wide door, I have not ever heard of anyone get thrown off their policy till their total had been rung up.....if you weren't honest or buy a policy that doesn't cover what ailment you have come down with well? What do you expect them to do?

look we are pushing on a balloon because we didn't tackle the real issue, the cost of care .

Either way we will pay, and those 75% who enjoy good care and access, they will in a few years find themselves with less choice and lower levels of care and access..mark my words.

But you see, it will be 'more fair' that way.

why yes a Kaiser poll...the irony is so think here its literally beyond cutting...

KFF is one of the most respected health policy outfits in the United States. What's your beef with them?

They don't tell him what he wants to hear.

No I would just prefer someone who wasn't so close to it and I can turn that around to, you apparently like what they found? Where does that get us?

Would you trust the republican party to do a poll on a republican issue? Especially when there's others choices?

Forum List

Back