57% in favor of Obamacare Repeal

uhm......I guess it all depends on what you are looking to highlight?;)

:eusa_eh:

Polls on individual programs etc. are fine, BUT you have to study the sample questions, partisan pollsters or fronts/grps etc. who do this as one offs, live on over and under sampling ( as in segment balance R/D/I) , and phraseology intended to elicit a particular response.

First rule- no sample questions to reflect the poll, I don't even consider it.
Second rule- no (A) polls...as in Anonymous, (LV) likely voters and (RV) registered voters are best.

BTW, I went to the AP site in the OP and checked their AP exclusive site linked at the bottom, no sign of the innards of the Stanford poll.

Gallup and Ras. always have the questions available and their R/D/I balance is always as close as possible.
Most Democrats that I know are not happy with the bill because it did not contain the public option. Without the public option, the insurance companies can continue to increase premiums and with many millions of new subscriber, they will do just that. No matter what occurs, the law is going to be amended.

If the poll shows 61% favored repeal last week and 57% this week, I wonder what it will be next week. As additional features kick in, the support will grow. Starting Jan 1, millions of seniors on Medicare will see a 50% cut in their cost for brand name drugs. Starting this month dependents will be able to remain on their parents policy till they are 26. Also this year the provision that prevents insurance companies from canceling your policy when you get sick goes into effect. I doubt you will see any of these people clamoring for repeal. Also the government is just starting to inform people of their benefits and rights under the new law.

that depends on your situation. this dependents staying on their parents plan.....do you think this is free?

As far as contacts getting canceled when you get sick, thats a very wide door, I have not ever heard of anyone get thrown off their policy till their total had been rung up.....if you weren't honest or buy a policy that doesn't cover what ailment you have come down with well? What do you expect them to do?

look we are pushing on a balloon because we didn't tackle the real issue, the cost of care .

Either way we will pay, and those 75% who enjoy good care and access, they will in a few years find themselves with less choice and lower levels of care and access..mark my words.

But you see, it will be 'more fair' that way.

Yep all Obama care really does is 3 things. First it Rapes Medicare, second it forces Americans who can not afford, or have chose not to get insurance to get it. Third it adds 30 Million new people to a broken over taxed system with out fixing it.

And you people wonder why so many people are against it.

You do realize that the fact that so many people are against it, yet so many people also say we need reform. Simply highlights the fact that THIS BILL is not the reform they wanted.

KFF is one of the most respected health policy outfits in the United States. What's your beef with them?

They don't tell him what he wants to hear.

No I would just prefer someone who wasn't so close to it and I can turn that around to, you apparently like what they found? Where does that get us?

Would you trust the republican party to do a poll on a republican issue? Especially when there's others choices?

I didn't express an opinion one way or another.

Repeal? Most Americans think health reform did not go far enough, poll finds

A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.

AP Poll: Many think health overhaul should do more - Yahoo! News

A couple of things on that poll. One, it was funded by the Robert Wood Foundation, which has been advocating a single payer universal system for over 30 years, so they aren't an impartial organization.

Additionally, if this guy is being truthful, they only polled people in "blue" states, which would make sense being that this poll contradicts every other one out there.

The AP Poll Called only Residents in Blue StatesbyMacsmind

As stated earlier, you can shape a poll to show whatever result you want.

I'd have to say that if Obamacare was such a great thing, Dems woud be running on it, not from it.

I'd have to say that if Obamacare was such a great thing, Dems woud be running on it, not from it.

The Democratic Party has a huge base. And yes that base includes corporate and conservadems that agree that insurance companies should be able to drop people if they get sick, deny my grandmother coverage based on the fact she had a stroke in 2004.. Plus all the other practices outlawed by this bill. Sad, but we do have 'em. My own congressman is one of them.. And prob. won't get reelected because of it.

The Democratic Party has a huge base. And yes that base includes corporate and conservadems that agree that insurance companies should be able to drop people if they get sick, deny my grandmother coverage based on the fact she had a stroke in 2004.. Plus all the other practices outlawed by this bill. Sad, but we do have 'em. My own congressman is one of them.. And prob. won't get reelected because of it.

You know, those provisions may be noteworthy and good, but apparantly, the other thousands of pages of nondescript bullshit aren't so paletable. Most of us wanted to address health insurance ills, this was not what we envisioned, and that is evident.

You know, those provisions may be noteworthy and good, but apparantly, the other thousands of pages of nondescript bullshit aren't so paletable. Most of us wanted to address health insurance ills, this was not what we envisioned, and that is evident.

What isn't what you envisioned? Closing the medicare doughnut hole? Letting kids stay on their parents insurance till they are 26? Banning lifetime caps? Banning discrimination based on a pre-existing condition? Banning the practice of dropping people's insurance when they get sick?
Funny.. I envisioned all of this. Does it go far enough? Hell no. I wanted a public option.. But it's a huge step in the right direction. And any Dem that runs from it is just hurting themselves.

What isn't what you envisioned? Closing the medicare doughnut hole? Letting kids stay on their parents insurance till they are 26? Banning lifetime caps? Banning discrimination based on a pre-existing condition? Banning the practice of dropping people's insurance when they get sick?
Funny.. I envisioned all of this. Does it go far enough? Hell no. I wanted a public option.. But it's a huge step in the right direction. And any Dem that runs from it is just hurting themselves.

Young Left, I don't want to have to pay for my own private insurance that I dearly like for myself and my family and have to pay for others through my taxes. Something just wrong with that. Next, I don't like the idea that our govertnment is going to try and push out private insurance companies through mandates. This isn't what our government is set up to do, and the polls are showing this, and this is the reason that these chickenshit democrats that voted for it are running from it during this election cycle.

There is responsible insurance reforms that could be implemented through government mandates that would keep insurance in thje private sector where it should be.....but the key word that you need to look at is "responsible".

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
H. L. Mencken

Seems I recall that there were reports that about that same number of Americans were AGAINST the reform BEFORE it was passed.

They don't tell him what he wants to hear.

No I would just prefer someone who wasn't so close to it and I can turn that around to, you apparently like what they found? Where does that get us?

Would you trust the republican party to do a poll on a republican issue? Especially when there's others choices?

I didn't express an opinion one way or another.

I know, I never said you did, thats why I added the question mark at the end of the sentence.....

responsible insurance reforms that could be implemented through government mandates that would keep insurance in thje private sector where it should be.....

Such as?

Being the "plant" that you are, Greenbeard, I really do think your intelligent enough to figure it out. They have been stated several times on several threads along with what the republicans wanted....that would be for starters.
You are also intelligent enough to realize that the government solution is not the only way to get reponsible legislation passed. You are also intelligent enough to know the end game with obamacare in a few years.
So please don't embarrass yourself with asking such a silly question as "such as?"

Why is it that it's so hard for some of you guys to just come out and describe the policies you're asking for? It's always "common sense solutions" or "responsible reforms" or "euphemism X"

And you're right, I do know what you want: deregulation. Your "responsible insurance reforms" are to allow insurance companies to evade or rewrite state laws via interstate insurance sales in the absence of federal standards. I just don't understand why you're so hesitant to say that. If you want your premiums to get cheaper by making it easier to dump the sick, does your reticence reflect some innate shame? Or are you just not sure how to describe it diplomatically?

Last edited:
Seems I recall that there were reports that about that same number of Americans were AGAINST the reform BEFORE it was passed.

Don't waste your time.

YodaConservative.gif

Why is it that it's so hard for some of you guys to just come out and describe the policies you're asking for? It's always "common sense solutions" or "responsible reforms" or "euphemism X"

And you're right, I do know what you want: deregulation. Your "responsible insurance reforms" are to allow insurance companies to evade or rewrite state laws via interstate insurance sales in the absence of federal standards. I just don't understand why you're so hesitant to say that. If you want your premiums to get cheaper by making it easier to dump the sick, does your reticence reflect some innate shame? Or are you just not sure how to describe it diplomatically?

Ummm, your trying to project what I am stating....even after I stated "government mandates". That is a failure on your part, Greenbeard. I still know that you know it can be done in the private sector without a government taking over healthcare in a few years. Don't act stupid, and don't put words in my mouth.

Ummm, your trying to project what I am stating....

Well, no shit. That's what happens when someone asks you a question and you give an evasive, wishy-washy answer.

If you'd like to clear up the confusion and actually state what you're talking about, please do. Otherwise, yes, I'll have to try and divine your meaning from your vague posts.

Due to a great job of lies and dis information presented by the Republican Party.

When the individual parts are presented, they poll very, very high.

Democrats need to combat Republican propaganda and lies with facts.

Notice, 8 years under Bush and no health care, no immigration policy, the biggest tax break for the rich in history, the beginning of this historic deficit, and two wars, one of which, they just "made up".

It's only their incredible ability to mislead America that even keeps them in the game.

Good Job! You guys really know how to fuck this country.

Give it up rdean.

This bill is so bad even the Democrats want to repeal it.

RealClearPolitics - Manchin Calls for Partial Repeal of Health Reform

Forum List

Back