50th ANNIVERSARY OF JFK'S ASSASSINATION-- AND ITS LASTING EFFECTS ON OUR COUNTRY

Mar 7, 2013
I wanted to share this YouTube musical/visual presentation reflecting on the lasting effects of JFK's assassination almost 50 years ago. I co-wrote the song "Childhood's End" and assisted in the video production.

YouTube/Google Search: "Childhood's End--JFK Assassination 50th Anniversary Memorial & Tribute"

I've been a lyricist/songwriter all my life, having the good fortune of working with a number of talented and gifted artists over the past 30+ years. The songwriting credit I'm most proud of is providing the words for "Shadowland", a song co-written with Graham Nash and Joe Vitale that appeared on Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's first reunion album, "American Dream", certified platinum in 1989.

I was hoping someone might connect with this song and visual production in some way. Unfortunately, these days many young people today aren't fully aware of the lasting effect President Kennedy's assassination has had on our country and the world over the past fifty years. As the saying goes, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". I think it's critical for our future that this moment from our nation's history is never swept under the carpet of the changing times. We owe that much to our children, our children's children and the future generations that are here long after we are gone..

Kind regards,

Rick Ryan

I wanted to share this YouTube musical/visual presentation reflecting on the lasting effects of JFK's assassination almost 50 years ago. I co-wrote the song "Childhood's End" and assisted in the video production.

YouTube/Google Search: "Childhood's End--JFK Assassination 50th Anniversary Memorial & Tribute"

I've been a lyricist/songwriter all my life, having the good fortune of working with a number of talented and gifted artists over the past 30+ years. The songwriting credit I'm most proud of is providing the words for "Shadowland", a song co-written with Graham Nash and Joe Vitale that appeared on Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's first reunion album, "American Dream", certified platinum in 1989.

I was hoping someone might connect with this song and visual production in some way. Unfortunately, these days many young people today aren't fully aware of the lasting effect President Kennedy's assassination has had on our country and the world over the past fifty years. As the saying goes, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". I think it's critical for our future that this moment from our nation's history is never swept under the carpet of the changing times. We owe that much to our children, our children's children and the future generations that are here long after we are gone..

Kind regards,

Rick Ryan
How can it be his anniversery?

He was shot in November. This is March!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssPibCd-1U]JFK KENNEDY 50th ANNIVERSARY OF ASSASSINIATION MEMORIAL TRIBUTE (Full Version) - YouTube[/ame]
JFK KENNEDY 50th ANNIVERSARY OF ASSASSINIATION MEMORIAL TRIBUTE (F
;)

Having looked out the same window through which Oswald shot JFK, I was not surprised that he was able to get off so many accurate shots: JFK was practically a stationary target, moving directly away at 15 mph. Why the Secret Service didn't check out that building is beyond me.

Unfortunately, this assassination created a myth surrounding JFK's presidency which has lasted 50 years and brought us such intellectual luminaries as Teddy Kennedy. Camelot is a musical production, not real history.

Unfortunately for America, the JFK era ushered in a very creepy mindset that had some real kooks desiring America somehow return to a Monarchy, and that the nutty alcoholic and socially deviant Kennedy's be the ones to wear the crown. Thankfully, the Kennedy's reign of terror is nearly over.

Kind regards,

Rick Ryan
How can it be his anniversery?

He was shot in November. This is March!

A lame pun?

Ides of March - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI

ides (dz)
pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
The 15th day of March, May, July, or October or the 13th day of the other months in the ancient Roman calendar.

And no, I didn't know that the "Ides" were month specific, either.

Forum List

Back