$500 Million In New Aid For Pakistan: Yea or Nay?

“The $400m offered by (US President Barack) Obama are not for Gaza but for the Palestinian Authority which will distribute part of it in Gaza, but not to Hamas,” Meshaal told a news conference in Sudan’s capital. “The money will be given to (Palestinian prime minister) Salam Fayyad” in the occupied West Bank, he said. On Wednesday Obama announced a $400m aid package for the West Bank and Gaza, saying it demonstrated America’s commitment to improving the lives of Palestinians.
Hamas won?t touch US aid to Palestinians: Meshaal

And you believe this?

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was in Pakistan over the weekend touting this Administration's $500 Million Aid Package but it seems like more and more Americans are growing weary of such aid. I vote Nay on such support for various reasons but i would like to hear what you all think. Thanks.

They are a front on the War on Terror! They are fighting a fierce enemy of ours over their and they are key to our JUSTIFIED war in Afghanistan. While they are fightin Islamic terrorist I support the aid!

Didn't hear a Thank You from the Palestinians or the Pakistanis did you? See what i mean? Just more hard-earned Tax Dollars flushed down the foreign interventionist toilet. How sad.

Boy,all those so-called "Anti-War" Leftists sure have become snarling War Mongers lately huh? They went from claiming Al Qaeda doesn't even exist to "KILL KILL KILL!!!" in a hurry no? Where did all those "Anti-War" Leftists go? Geesh.

Always been a War-Monger when it comes to Al Qaida pal

Sad that you only oppose Al Qaida when republicans are fighting them

That's a lie! LN as opposed it when Bush was in office! LN is as much of a Bush supporter as you.

Boy,all those so-called "Anti-War" Leftists sure have become snarling War Mongers lately huh? They went from claiming Al Qaeda doesn't even exist to "KILL KILL KILL!!!" in a hurry no? Where did all those "Anti-War" Leftists go? Geesh.

Always been a War-Monger when it comes to Al Qaida pal

Sad that you only oppose Al Qaida when republicans are fighting them

That's a lie! LN as opposed it when Bush was in office! LN is as much of a Bush supporter as you.

Ahh yes,rememeber when all the so-called "Anti-War" Leftists used to screech about Al Qaeda not even existing and that it was all just an evil BOOOOOOSH/CHAAAYNEEE plot? Yup it went from "Al Qaeda doesn't even exist" to "KILL KILL KILL!!" in a hurry huh? So why the sudden change of heart? Could it be that one of their Democrats was elected President? Hmm? Where did all the "Anti-War" Leftists go? Sad stuff.

Cut them all off like sarg say's. I'm about to switch to the tea party. WTF Obama promises 1 billion to the country Georgia before the smoke even cleared on thier violence last year. I've been working since a paper route at 12, now at 50 have never gotten a bailout. I'm sick of my tax payer dollars going overseas for BS.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was in Pakistan over the weekend touting this Administration's $500 Million Aid Package but it seems like more and more Americans are growing weary of such aid. I vote Nay on such support for various reasons but i would like to hear what you all think. Thanks.

Since we have no industries left to give them, in the form of tariff free entry into our markets, Foreign "aid" is now all too often are nothing but a bribe given to the elite of a nation. Unless it coming as military aid, in which case its really welfare for US arms manufacutuers given by proxy.

I doubt much of it really helps the people of that nation. Proably more of it is used keeping them in line than helping them or their economy.

This is basically how we've keep control of nations filled with citizens who basically hate our guts.

We've been doing this for decades and decades.

Think of this as the high price of maintaining empire.

Last edited:
Didn't even hear a Thank You from the Pakistanis huh? The same thing can be said for most of the nations we give all our hard-earned Tax Payer cash to. In fact if anything,you usually hear these nations whining about "American Interference." Gee,so take all our cash but then tell us to mind our own business? Yea that sounds like a pretty raw deal for us no? Our politicians are so out of touch. They don't even know for sure where this $500 Million is going to go. You know,a Thank You once in awhile would probably go a long way though. We don't even get that from these nations who rape our tax payers. Like i said,just more American Tax Payer cash flushed down the foreign interventionist toilet. It's enough to make you pretty depressed.

We aided the Afghanis after the U.S.S.R. invaded in 1979, then we cut them off. The resulting power vacuum gave us the Taliban.

Pakistan already had the bomb, a shaky federal government, a long history of human rights violations, an inside track to where the Taliban and Al Qaeda are and a border with Afghanistan.

Cutting off aid to them seems short sighted at best and highly dangerous at worst.

Keep them propped up and win hearts and minds there. Or, on the other hand, let's forget the lessons of history and make the same mistake twice.

We aided the Afghanis after the U.S.S.R. invaded in 1979, then we cut them off. The resulting power vacuum gave us the Taliban.

Pakistan already had the bomb, a shaky federal government, a long history of human rights violations, an inside track to where the Taliban and Al Qaeda are and a border with Afghanistan.

Cutting off aid to them seems short sighted at best and highly dangerous at worst.

Keep them propped up and win hearts and minds there. Or, on the other hand, let's forget the lessons of history and make the same mistake twice.

We actually helped create Al Qaeda and the Taliban with the $Billions & $Billions we spent on kicking the Soviets out of Afghanistan. We also created their awful Civil War that was to come later. We never cut Afghanistan off either. We continued to give them $Millions in aid until Al Qaeda & the Taliban seized power. So what did all those $Billions get us in the end? What thanks did we get for helping the Afghans kick the Soviets out? We only got brutal Muslim extremists like Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Next we got 911. We would have been much better off with the Soviets staying in power there. Blow Back is a terrible thing. Haven't our politicians learned this yet?

Last edited:
Take this money and put it towards OUR nations health care issue.
Baffoon Hussain Obama fixed or I mean in the process of destroying our healthcare system with Obama care. Why not take the money not spent in his failed job no-stimulus program and fund the unemployed. Got plenty of money for other countries but no money to help needy American people!!!! Time to cut off all foreign aid till America is back on its feet and American's are back working!!!! Fix our country before fixing other peoples country!!!!!

Can it never not be about Israel you worthless antisemite!

Israel is the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. aid since World War II. The $3-plus billion per year that Israel receives from the U.S. taxpayer is about one-fifth of the total U.S. aid budget, and amounts to more than $600 per Israeli, per year.
A Conservative Estimate of Total Direct U.S. Aid to Israel: $108 Billion
On top of that
U.S. To Grant Israel An extra $2.775 Billion In Security Aid

U.S.. Assistant Secretary of State, Andrew Shapiro, stated Friday that the US government intends to grant Israel the amount of 2.775 Billion U.S. Dollars in what was described as the largest single military-security aid grant to Israel.
U.S. To Grant Israel 2.775 Billion In Security Aid - International Middle East Media Center

Didn't even hear a Thank You from the Pakistanis huh? The same thing can be said for most of the nations we give all our hard-earned Tax Payer cash to. In fact if anything,you usually hear these nations whining about "American Interference." Gee,so take all our cash but then tell us to mind our own business? Yea that sounds like a pretty raw deal for us no? Our politicians are so out of touch. They don't even know for sure where this $500 Million is going to go. You know,a Thank You once in awhile would probably go a long way though. We don't even get that from these nations who rape our tax payers. Like i said,just more American Tax Payer cash flushed down the foreign interventionist toilet. It's enough to make you pretty depressed.

We need to thank them ALSO!!! Taking on terrorist in your own country that receive a lot of popular support takes guts and believe it or not they are trying to do that. So we give them money to take on the fight. Its beyond a worthy cause.

I for one Salute the Pakistani army for their bravery. Remember this is a 3rd world country taking on ruthless killers. They don't that the expertise, manpower, experience or weapons of the US. Yet they are fighting the same heartless killers in the toughess terrian.

We own them alot and last thing we owe them is bitching about money they are using to fight these monster who would not hestiate to cut your head off!

How about the 2nd post of this very thread which you chose to ignore because it didn't fit in to the obvious agenda you wanted to see through.

Honest, open discussion? Nah, you just want to start another blame war.

Maybe LibocalypseNow doesn't see you as a lefty?

In regards to the OP, I say cut them all off for now. That does not need to be a permanent thing, but until we get back on our feet it is time to cut off the foreign aid for a while... of course, do that which is cutting spending, and I would suspect that within two weeks Congress will find something new to spend it on.

Immie

We don't even get a Thank You from these nations. You would be very hard-pressed to find public officials from most of these nations who publicly thank the American Tax Payers. I didn't see one Pakistani public official say thank you after snatching that $500 Million. The same can be said about Afghan public officials as well. All i ever hear is their constant complaining about U.S. interference. This can also be said of most nations we give all that cash to. They just take all our cash and then tell us to shut up and mind our own business. How's that for gratitude? What the h*ll is wrong with our politicians? When will they wake up? Aggressive Foreign Interventionism should become a thing of the past for our nation. It really is a Lose/Lose proposition for us in the end.

We need to thank them ALSO!!! Taking on terrorist in your own country that receive a lot of popular support takes guts and believe it or not they are trying to do that. So we give them money to take on the fight. Its beyond a worthy cause.

I for one Salute the Pakistani army for their bravery. Remember this is a 3rd world country taking on ruthless killers. They don't that the expertise, manpower, experience or weapons of the US. Yet they are fighting the same heartless killers in the toughess terrian.

We own them alot and last thing we owe them is bitching about money they are using to fight these monster who would not hestiate to cut your head off!

A third world Country with Nukes? Scary thought right there.

Yea it really is very sad watching what the Turks are doing to the Kurds. They are trying to wipe them out. It's Genocide at this point. To see the Turks wiping them out with our weapons really is sickening. We should halt all aid to Turkey immediately. Unfortunately this will never happen. Our politicians don't represent us anymore. They only represent themselves and their lobbyist buds. How sad.

Turkey does not receive aid from USA.
do

In military aid Turkey received
2006: 14 Million $, not billion
2008: 11 Million $, not billion
United States Foreign Military Financing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military aid is probably to clean American shit from sewers around Incirlik.

I do wish people would tell the whole story.

Republicans voted against extending unemployment because there was no way to pay for it. Find a way to pay for it, maybe by cutting foreign aid?

So.....where was this fiscal conservative line of thinking when the GOP passed MediCare Part D (which was unpaid for) or the invasions of Iraq and Afhanistan (which were unpaid for)?

Dubya was NOT a fiscal conservative, DUH!

In case you failed Government class in high school, Dubya (POTUS at that time) doesn't actually enact the legislation which put spending into place. Better luck next time. DUH!

The first thing that we SHOULD have done after 9/11 was to invaded Pakistan. That would have been strategic thinking.

But oops, if we did that, Pakistaini intelligence would have let the world know that Cheney had given them Anthrax, which they in turn gave to Mohammud Atta, who after poisoning himself, launched the 9/11 attacks.

Now we're stuck with 'em. Keep paying off the Pakistani elite so they can fake warring against the Taliban, while at the same time having the elite give our money to support the Taliban so that we will continue to give more money to the Pakistani elite.

We need to wise up, nuke Western Pakistan and be done with it.

Forum List

Back