$500 Million In New Aid For Pakistan: Yea or Nay?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was in Pakistan over the weekend touting this Administration's $500 Million Aid Package but it seems like more and more Americans are growing weary of such aid. I vote Nay on such support for various reasons but i would like to hear what you all think. Thanks.

Take this money and put it towards OUR nations health care issue.

I'm all for it

Pakistan using their troops to kick Al Qaida butt means we do not have to use our troops to kick Al Qaida butt

I'm all for it

Pakistan using their troops to kick Al Qaida butt means we do not have to use our troops to kick Al Qaida butt

We are using our troops over there though. We bomb Pakistan on an almost daily basis. Hmm?

If you want "allies" today you have to buy em.

Pakistan is a Muslim country. There are lots of Muslims in that country who support Al Quada and the Taliban. The leaders of that country are treading a fine line helping the US and the UN.

Sad to say but you gotta grease the wheels.

Last edited:
I'm all for it

We are using our troops over there though. We bomb Pakistan on an almost daily basis. Hmm?

Having Pakistan fannies on the ground saves having American fannies on the ground

Gotta love the Predators.....Terrorize the terrorists!

Boy,all those so-called "Anti-War" Leftists sure have become snarling War Mongers lately huh? They went from claiming Al Qaeda doesn't even exist to "KILL KILL KILL!!!" in a hurry no? Where did all those "Anti-War" Leftists go? Geesh.

Boy,all those so-called "Anti-War" Leftists sure have become snarling War Mongers lately huh? They went from claiming Al Qaeda doesn't even exist to "KILL KILL KILL!!!" in a hurry no? Where did all those "Anti-War" Leftists go? Geesh.

How about the 2nd post of this very thread which you chose to ignore because it didn't fit in to the obvious agenda you wanted to see through.

Honest, open discussion? Nah, you just want to start another blame war.

Always been a War-Monger when it comes to Al Qaida pal

Sad that you only oppose Al Qaida when republicans are fighting them

Couldn't this $500 Million be used in a better way right here at home?

It most certainly could. Unfortunately, the GOP voted against helping out American citizens who can't afford private health insurance and are now voting against extending jobless benefits, so they would simply want this money to go right back into the pockets of their defense contractor friends.

This $500 Million goes along with the $7.5 Billion we already give Pakistan. Man,that's a whole lot of tax payer cash no? I think this $7.5 Billion would be much better spent right here at home. Blow Back will be strong on this some day in my opinion. We will definitely regret arming & funding Pakistan this way. I just read where Turkey is now using drones we provided them with to massacre the Kurds. This aggressive foreign interventionism thing has to come to an end. Blow Back always gets us in the end.

It most certainly could. Unfortunately, the GOP voted against helping out American citizens who can't afford private health insurance and are now voting against extending jobless benefits, so they would simply want this money to go right back into the pockets of their defense contractor friends.

I do wish people would tell the whole story.

Republicans voted against extending unemployment because there was no way to pay for it. Find a way to pay for it, maybe by cutting foreign aid?

Republicans voted against extending unemployment because there was no way to pay for it. Find a way to pay for it, maybe by cutting foreign aid?

Bingo! Post of the Day for sure. I would rather spend the $7.5 Billion we give Pakistan on Unemployment benefits. Much wiser way to spend American Tax Payer money for sure.

So.....where was this fiscal conservative line of thinking when the GOP passed MediCare Part D (which was unpaid for) or the invasions of Iraq and Afhanistan (which were unpaid for)?

I do think more & more Americans are getting sick of this aggressive foreign interventionism stuff. I mean watching the Turks use our drones to massacre the Kurds really is incredibly heart breaking. Blow Back just isn't worth it in the end.

Forum List

Back