50 to 1

There's absolutely ZERO reason to panic about climate change. Because you'd be in the minority.

HOWEVER...

If enough people stop caring about protecting this planet then it will eventually become a problem.

And hopefully we can just pass the buck forward.

QW-

I don't think there is any reason to panic - but every reason to listen to the science and plan accordingly.

Ironically, most solutions to climate change will actually save people money in the long run.

New forms of energy will be cheaper, cleaner and more sustainable than what we have now.

I suspect many extremists realise this themselves, but have painted themselves into a bit of a corner on this issue.

New forms of energy will be cheaper, cleaner and more sustainable than what we have now.
Now all you have to do is find one.

Why only one?

Breeder reactors, solar thermal and tidal will all be a part of the energy mix 20 years from now, and all seem to be provide cheap, clean energy. No one form of energy will suit every country on earth...different conditions will always favour different solutions.

I can't figure out why people have become so bitterly opposed to new technology, but certainly the amount of money they are costing themselves is likely to be considerable.

Last edited:
Now all you have to do is find one.

Why only one?

Breeder reactors, solar thermal and tidal will all be a part of the energy mix 20 years from now, and all seem to be provide cheap, clean energy.

I can't figure out why people have become so bitterly opposed to new technology.
Well, the liberals have been blocking nuclear power for decades, and that was the only alternative source that actually worked on a large scale, and they haven't been able to make the other sources work with any efficiency.

S.J.

There are valid reasons for countries like Japan to avoid nuclear power when there are other alternatives on the table. In Finland, I have no problem with nuclear.

I totally agree that some opposition to nuclear is irrational, but nowhere near as irrational as opposition to technologies like wind or tidal. It's an emotional topic, and many of the reactions from right and left owe more to emotion than logic.

S.J.

There are valid reasons for countries like Japan to avoid nuclear power when there are other alternatives on the table. In Finland, I have no problem with nuclear.

I totally agree that some opposition to nuclear is irrational, but nowhere near as irrational as opposition to technologies like wind or tidal. It's an emotional topic, and many of the reactions from right and left owe more to emotion than logic.
I'm sure nobody would stop them from using wind or tidal if they could make it work and if it was reliable.

S.J .

I'm sure nobody would stop them from using wind or tidal if they could make it work and if it was reliable.

I disagree.

Both tidal and wind are reliable and clean and efficient and commercial - and yet I see posters here everyday who want them all shut down simply because they are new.

We have posters here who still think coal is the answer, for chrissakes!

S.J .

I disagree.

Both tidal and wind are reliable and clean and efficient and commercial - and yet I see posters here everyday who want them all shut down simply because they are new.

It doesn't matter how posters here feel about it, if other sources produce energy efficiently and consistently, they're gonna be used.

S.J .

I disagree.

s0n......you and the other progressive nuts in here amaze. "Costs" are an afterthought. But not in the real world. They kinda matter a little bit. Which is why your mindset is grounded in stoopid levels of fantasy.

Doesn't matter for dick what posters think in here. Nobody gives a rats ass what anybody thinks in here. Government are going to use cheap energy......period. Coal......oil......natural gas. Very little of anything else for decades. The progressive bubble dwellars can whine and be miserable but pompus in here.......doesn't matter. They've been throwing bombs for years and what has it changed?

DICK:lol:

S.J .

I disagree.

s0n......you and the other progressive nuts in here amaze. "Costs" are an afterthought. But not in the real world. They kinda matter a little bit. Which is why your mindset is grounded in stoopid levels of fantasy.

Doesn't matter for dick what posters think in here. Nobody gives a rats ass what anybody thinks in here. Government are going to use cheap energy......period. Coal......oil......natural gas. Very little of anything else for decades. The progressive bubble dwellars can whine and be miserable but pompus in here.......doesn't matter. They've been throwing bombs for years and what has it changed?

DICK:lol:

Skooks -

Government are going to use cheap energy......period. Coal......oil......natural gas

Well, let's take the France as an example:

Coal = 3.9% of electricity production.

Natural gas = 3.8%

Oil= 1.8%

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/Sources_of_Electricity_in_France_in_2006.PNG/800px-Sources_of_Electricity_in_France_in_2006.PNG

Shall we look at other examples, or will you just admit that, as per usual, you have absolutely no idea at all what you are posting.

lol.......Germany is punch drunk on coal these days!!! Shit is BOOOOOOMING there!!! The government came around to realizing that it just might be a good idea to stop fucking over the people with high cost energy.:eusa_dance:

The k00ks don't get it.......its always all about the $$$.:lol:

This graph on UK wind energy might help:

UK_windfarm_growth.PNG

lol.......Germany is punch drunk on coal these days!!! Shit is BOOOOOOMING there!!! The government came around to realizing that it just might be a good idea to stop fucking over the people with high cost energy.:eusa_dance:

The k00ks don't get it.......its always all about the $$$.:lol:

That is because Germany just phased out nuclear entirely, genius. Hence Germany is using coal as a stop-gap while they transition to renewables.

The share of electricity produced from renewable energy in Germany has increased from 6.3 percent of the national total in 2000 to about 25 percent in the first half of 2012.

Germany targets: Renewable electricity - 35% by 2020, 50% by 2030, 65% by 2040, and 80% by 2050

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Germany

How does this support your case that governments will stick to oil, gas and coal?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back