5-year-old forced to sign “suicide contract”

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Well, right up there folks with that little 5 year old girl who was TALKING about her Hello Kitty bubble gun with her friend, this is just as stupid or even more so.

A 5 year old child drew a picture with a crayon and the according to the teachers, the picture RESEMBLED a gun.

They later saw the "student in question" pointing a crayon at a student saying, "Pow pow."

5-year-old forced to sign 8220 suicide contract 8221 KSN-TV

MOBILE, Alabama (WPMI) – An Alabama mother is furious that her 5-year-old daughter was forced to sign a school contract stating she wouldn’t kill herself or anyone else at school.

School officials told Rebecca, who did not want to give her last name, they had to send 5-year-old Elizabeth home after an incident in class.

“They told me she drew something that resembled a gun. According to them she pointed a crayon at another student and said ‘pew pew’,” Rebecca explained.

Rebecca says her daughter was then given a questionnaire to evaluate her for suicidal thoughts and given a Mobile County Public School safety contract to sign stating she wouldn’t kill herself or others.

“While I was in the lobby waiting, they had my 5-year-old sign a contract about suicide and homicide,” Rebecca says. “There should be a different way to handle this situation. If this is protocol it needs to be looked at again.”

---------------------------------

I did not even know a 5 year old could write anything, let alone having even a rudimentary understanding of what she was reading.

Liberals folks, liberals.

If this story is exactly as portrayed, then that mother needs to go after the school employees responsible....with a vengeance.

What a stupid move.

Then again, there might be a snopes for this story, because it sounds so far out of the realm of common sense.

Does this school imagine that a 5 year old has the capacity to sign a contract?

Hey, laugh all you want. But if next year she goes on a shooting rampage with a drawing that resembles a gun then kills herself with a crayon the school is exempt from all responsibility for supplying said crayon and paper.

You can't be too careful in our litigious society. Amiright?

Well, right up there folks with that little 5 year old girl who was TALKING about her Hello Kitty bubble gun with her friend, this is just as stupid or even more so.

A 5 year old child drew a picture with a crayon and the according to the teachers, the picture RESEMBLED a gun.

They later saw the "student in question" pointing a crayon at a student saying, "Pow pow."

MOBILE, Alabama (WPMI) – An Alabama mother is furious that her 5-year-old daughter was forced to sign a school contract stating she wouldn’t kill herself or anyone else at school.

School officials told Rebecca, who did not want to give her last name, they had to send 5-year-old Elizabeth home after an incident in class.

“They told me she drew something that resembled a gun. According to them she pointed a crayon at another student and said ‘pew pew’,” Rebecca explained.

Rebecca says her daughter was then given a questionnaire to evaluate her for suicidal thoughts and given a Mobile County Public School safety contract to sign stating she wouldn’t kill herself or others.

“While I was in the lobby waiting, they had my 5-year-old sign a contract about suicide and homicide,” Rebecca says. “There should be a different way to handle this situation. If this is protocol it needs to be looked at again.”

I did not even know a 5 year old could write anything, let alone having even a rudimentary understanding of what she was reading.

Don't blame us for something some sub-moron did. Liberals gave us Social Security, the GI Bill, and worker's rights. Neither liberals nor conservatives created this abomination.

Don't blame us for something some sub-moron did. Liberals gave us Social Security, the GI Bill, and worker's rights. Neither liberals nor conservatives created this abomination.

Moron-1.jpg

Tracking down some info about the school and staff I find,

E. R. Dickson Elementary School Guidance

"Children are experiencing a wide range of new problems which could be considered as "normal stuff" for their generation. These problems are due to societal changes. As your child's elementary school counselors, we are available to help you and your children have a successful school year. School counselors work with parents, teachers and students in many ways through consultations, individual and small group services.

Community resources available:

Catholic Social Services (provides basic life necessities and counseling) 434-1550

Department of Human Resources - DHR (family assistance) 450-9100

Helpline (provides crisis intervention) 431-5111

Lemoyne Center / Alta Pointe (provides therapeutic counseling for youths) 450-2240

Penelope House (domestic violence) 342-3144

Salvation Army (family assistance) 438-1625

Strickland Youth Center (troubled youths) 574-1450

United Way (direct link to all resources) 221"

Hotbeds of liberalism all, especially the Catholics and Salvation Army (rolls eyes)

Not surprisingly, every mention of this incident is only found on conservative sites. Guess that's why it's a liberal plot.

Everything conservatives do, they have to like, so when they don't like something they're supposed to they blame liberals.

Moron-1.jpg

Nice rebuttal...About what I'd expect from someone of your intelligence. No words, just pictures from your coloring book.

What makes them people think that making anyone sign a paper will stop them from doing anything?

God bless you and the little girl always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

When a Liberal tells you that Home Schooling will just screw up yer kid, show him this report.

Exhibit A on why you shouldn't poison yer kids minds with Public School.

Kids using their imaginations, simulating all sorts of imaginary behavior is what makes them the smart and creative people they grow up to be.

Naturally, an Oppressive State can't allow that.

Liberals laugh at us for being concerned about Ebola and infectious diseases coming across the border, but say we should be concerned about a 5 year old girl talking about her Hello Kitty bubble gun, a child nibbling a pop tart pastry into a shape of a gun, allowing tiny toy soldiers on top of cupcakes for a birthday party, and a child saying "pew! pew!" with a crayon.

Not to mention a kid having more than one ketchup packet.

Yes, they will not deny these claims. Each day you will read something so absurd that will make you despise liberals more than you already did.

Forum List

Back