5 Republican Facts That Every American Should Be Mad About

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
1. Ronald Reagan was AWFUL.

The golden boy and savior of the Republican Party, Ronald Reagan , is often made out to be the best thing this country has had in our history. What you won’t hear on right-wing TV and radio like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh is that Reagan nearly tripled the national debt.

2. Universal Health Care could have happened in 1993.

In 1993 health care reform was all the rage. President Bill Clinton placed his wife, the First Lady Hillary Clinton, as the face of the program. Promising all Americans to finally receive the care that many other nations had, Hilary Clinton tried to drive this message home not just to average Americans but also spent plenty of time in Congress.

3. Medicare should be covering all of us by now, if LBJ had his way.

In 1965, when President Lyndon B. Johnson signed into law the Social Security Act of 1965 as add-ons to the existing Social Security bill, he had in mind full universal health care for all Americans.

4. ”Big” government is NOT the problem.

From moderates to extremists, every conservative can agree on one thing. Government is the enemy. From Ronald Reagan’s famous quote to the loud mouths on talk radio, the idea of Government in your life has been drilled into people’s heads as a negative. What most of these Americans don’t realize is how much they use and like a strong government.

5. The Bush Tax Cuts are even worse than you thought.

Continuing on with “Reaganomics”, George Bush enacted his “Bush Tax Cuts” in 2001 and 2003. According to the non-partisan Congressional Research Service, they estimated a loss in revenue over a 10 year period of just under $3 trillion. If you include the interest that needs to be paid, you can add another $606 billion, for a total of $3.6 trillion.

5 Republican Facts That Every American Should Be Mad About | Addicting Info

Last edited:
LOL, addictinginfo??

And believe me...we see that you lefties live in a CONSTANT state of anger, so these here won't make much of a difference.

What we do see is the lefts LOVE OF A NANNY GOVERMENT though. And of COURSE to get your UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, you have to use the GOVERNMENT to FORCE and STEAL other peoples monies to PAY FOR IT, but they don't have a problem with that either.

Curious..and not to get too personal rinata...

"?

This pretty much makes you a schmuck.

Awww...come on....

Looking at the way you have responded to my posts in the past?

You already viewed me as a schmuck.

So....

"this CONFIRMS you are a schmuck"

...is what you should have said.

Last edited:
Curious..and not to get too personal rinata...

Awww...come on....

So....

I generally don't start with the name calling.

But in this case..boy howdy..

What the fuck dude.

Last edited:
Ronald Reagan took the republican party into the insane mind frame they now have.

He taught them it was good for their party to hate poor people and ignore facts

Awww...come on....

So....

I generally don't start with the name calling.

But in this case..boy howdy..

What the fuck dude.

Yeah...it was rude.
Deleting it...do me a favor....delete it from your responses.....you can keep the responses...but delete my post.

The leading commentator on Fox News, Bill Kristol: founder of the now defunct PNAC and leading proponent of the gulf War, deifies Reagan. He can't say Reagan's name enough on Fox TV. I wonder if they get paid for the # of times they say it on-air? Also, would Reagan have put the ongoing Iraq War on the credit card as '43' did?

See what happens when the lefty idiots get their asses handed to them a couple or so times in a row.

Can't blame them though as they try to deflect folks away from the reality of their failed amateur president and their liberal agenda.

Scream all you want you stuck pigs!

lol, here we go with the LEFT jumping in to dump on the dead guy.

gotta have something or someone to dump on I guess.

The golden boy and savior of the Republican Party, Ronald Reagan , is often made out to be the best thing this country has had in our history. What you won’t hear on right-wing TV and radio like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh is that Reagan nearly tripled the national debt.
Guess who controlled the House both terms, and the Senate for the 2nd? The Big D's. The President can't get ANYTHING done, until the House and Senate have had their part first.

In 1993 health care reform was all the rage. President Bill Clinton placed his wife, the First Lady Hillary Clinton, as the face of the program. Promising all Americans to finally receive the care that many other nations had, Hilary Clinton tried to drive this message home not just to average Americans but also spent plenty of time in Congress.
In 1993, when Clintons health care reforms died, the Dems controlled the House and the Senate during the end of the 103rd session. Why couldn't he get it passed then?

In 1965, when President Lyndon B. Johnson signed into law the Social Security Act of 1965 as add-ons to the existing Social Security bill, he had in mind full universal health care for all Americans.
Your point?

From moderates to extremists, every conservative can agree on one thing. Government is the enemy. From Ronald Reagan’s famous quote to the loud mouths on talk radio, the idea of Government in your life has been drilled into people’s heads as a negative. What most of these Americans don’t realize is how much they use and like a strong government.
I'll prove you wrong right here. I am a Republican and a conservative, and I do NOT thin 'government' is the enemy. BIG government, a government that has grown too large and powerful that it's lost sight of it's true purpose... THAT is the enemy.

Continuing on with “Reaganomics”, George Bush enacted his “Bush Tax Cuts” in 2001 and 2003. According to the non-partisan Congressional Research Service, they estimated a loss in revenue over a 10 year period of just under $3 trillion. If you include the interest that needs to be paid, you can add another $606 billion, for a total of $3.6 trillion.

My links in response below...
Bush-Era Tax Cuts Reduce Deficit and Increase Employment | FreedomWorks
Did George W. Bush’s tax cuts help or hurt the economy? « Wintery Knight
Data from the end of 2001 to the latest recession bear this out. The economy started expanding again in the fourth quarter of 2001 and grew for 25 consecutive quarters. After enactment of the 2003 tax cut, which lowered the marginal effective tax rate on new investment, gross domestic product surged 7.5% in the third quarter, the fastest pace since 1984. And for 26 straight months unemployment stayed below 5%.

The Bush tax cuts also led to increases in tax revenues, and after 2004 the revenues grew faster than the economy. The ratio of tax receipts to GDP rose to 18.8% in 2007, above the 40-year average, and the deficit was just 1.2% of GDP.

From 2004 to 2008, capital gains realizations grew by 60%; from 2004 to 2007, corporate tax receipts nearly doubled, adding a full point to the revenues-to-GDP ratio.

My comments in RED above.....

Last edited:

Opinions are not facts.

Idiot.

Lib talking points. Reagan was a hell of a lot better than what we have in office now. Universal health care sucks, so your point sucks. Thank goodness lbj didn't have his way, and you are an idiot.

Forum List

Back