$5 GAS BY MEMORIAL DAY: So how many think that the voters will forgive this

Gas-Prices-Reach-Five-Dollars-a-Gallon-in-the-Nations-Capital.jpg

Gas Prices Reach Five Dollars a Gallon in the Nation's Capital
Gas prices reach five dollars per gallon at a gas station in Washington, DC on April 19, 2011. Unrest in the Middle East and price speculation have steadily led to higher oil prices and consequently higher gas prices throughout the year so far. UPI/Roger L. Wollenberg

Read more: Gas prices reach five dollars in Washington, D.C. - UPI.com

Well what do you know... the rest of the Nation will follow suit fairly soon. So again how do you think this is going to play out even thou the election a is a bit over a year away. hmmm?

Gas prices reach five dollars per gallon at a gas station in Washington, DC on April 19, 2011. Unrest in the Middle East and price speculation have steadily led to higher oil prices and consequently higher gas prices throughout the year so far. UPI/Roger L. Wollenberg

Well what do you know... the rest of the Nation will follow suit fairly soon. So again how do you think this is going to play out even thou the election a is a bit over a year away. hmmm?
Carter didn't survive this. Nor will P-BO.

Carter didn't survive this. Nor will P-BO.

Didn't obama say he would whether be a good president and have one term than to be a bad president and serve two terms?:lol:

Thing is he's a shity president that I hope only has one term.

Do you think they'll change the name of the Obama stations? this price was a month ago maybe when it hits $5.00 a gal

27324429_640X360.jpg

Thank You Crybaby Boner.
Gas is up more than a dollar since the GOP took over the House!!!!

Here are the facts:
Since Obama took office (with a democrat majority house and senate) gas prices have risen 67%.
Now I don't believe the president actually has control of gas prices (Bush either though he was blamed) but wanted to be factual and not partisan.
And in the less than 4 months since Boner's GOP took over the House prices have risen half of that 67%.
Now I don't believe the House actually has control of gas prices (Obama either though he was blamed) but wanted to be factual and not partisan. :eusa_shhh:

Then why blame the speaker? Obama is blamed just as Bush was. Gas prices are not a partisan issue however, you chose to make it one.

Here are the facts:
Since Obama took office (with a democrat majority house and senate) gas prices have risen 67%.
Now I don't believe the president actually has control of gas prices (Bush either though he was blamed) but wanted to be factual and not partisan.
And in the less than 4 months since Boner's GOP took over the House prices have risen half of that 67%.
Now I don't believe the House actually has control of gas prices (Obama either though he was blamed) but wanted to be factual and not partisan. :eusa_shhh:

Then why blame the speaker? Obama is blamed just as Bush was. Gas prices are not a partisan issue however, you chose to make it one.

Energy is a "partisan issue" Conservatives want to explore and produce more of our own energy sources libs want to focus on only on unviable "green energy" limit "green house" emissions on.. and.. on… a bunch of loons.:cuckoo:

Here are the facts:

Because the CON$ blamed Pelosi for everything that happened after she was sworn in, and by blaming Crybaby Boner the same way I knew the same CON$ would now say it's stupid to blame the Speaker of the House for what happened after they were sworn in.

Rather than being partisan, I'm a lifelong registered independent who votes third Party or write-in, I just like making pompous CON$ eat their words.

Because the CON$ blamed Pelosi for everything that happened after she was sworn in, and by blaming Crybaby Boner the same way I knew the same CON$ would now say it's stupid to blame the Speaker of the House for what happened after they were sworn in.

Rather than being partisan, I'm a lifelong registered independent who votes third Party or write-in, I just like making pompous CON$ eat their words.

You're an idiot nobody that I know of blamed pudden face for anything 4 months after she came speaker of the house.

Thank You Crybaby Boner.

LOL, let's see if you all can sell that lie.

:lol: epic fail fail on his part but if there was a republican president you can betthe speaker of the house would not have his attention. and the blame would be given to the president.

Last edited:
On what basis will gas be that expensive?

Although they are not the only reason, you can thank Wall Street. You can also thank them for the commodities bubble.

From the last time that gas was so high: (CBS Article from Jan 2009)

Did Speculation Fuel Oil Price Swings? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

To understand what happened to the price of oil, you first have to understand the way it's traded. For years it has been bought and sold on something called the commodities futures market. At the New York Mercantile Exchange, it's traded alongside cotton and coffee, copper and steel by brokers who buy and sell contracts to deliver those goods at a certain price at some date in the future.

It was created so that farmers could gauge what their unharvested crops would be worth months in advance, so that factories could lock in the best price for raw materials, and airlines could manage their fuel costs. But more than a year ago those markets started to behave erratically. And when oil doubled to more than $147 a barrel, no one was more suspicious than Dan Gilligan.

A recent report out of MIT, analyzing world oil production and consumption, also concluded that the basic fundamentals of supply and demand could not have been responsible for last year's run-up in oil prices. And Michael Masters says the U.S. Department of Energy's own statistics show that if the markets had been working properly, the price of oil should have been going down, not up.

It's impossible to tell exactly who was buying and selling all those oil contracts because most of the trading is now conducted in secret, with no public scrutiny or government oversight. Over time, the big Wall Street banks were allowed to buy and sell as many oil contracts as they wanted for their clients, circumventing regulations intended to limit speculation. And in 2000, Congress effectively deregulated the futures market, granting exemptions for complicated derivative investments called oil swaps, as well as electronic trading on private exchanges.

In the Commodities market, prices really go only one way, up.

That would certainly make that market easier to play, wouldn't it?

Sadly for the bulls that is not the case.

The current high prices on oil are the result of speculation and not supply demand.

Is the market overreacting?

Probably.

But markets can get it wrong and keep it wrong for years, so timing is the issue.

Does this bubble (assuming it is a bubble) burst in time to save the current administration's relection bid?

In the world of public opinion it's a long long way from April 2011 to November 2012.

You're an idiot nobody that I know of blamed pudden face for anything 4 months after she came speaker of the house.

Thank You Crybaby Boner.

:lol: epic fail fail on his part but if there was a republican president you can betthe speaker of the house would not have his attention. and the blame would be given to the president.
Again, if there was a GOP president, using already established CON$ervative rationalizations, I could blame the President from the time elected, hell even from the time the nomination was won!!!! :eusa_whistle:

Obama Recession in Full Swing
November 6, 2008
RUSH: The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen. Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression. He hasn't done anything yet but his ideas are killing the economy. His ideas are killing Wall Street.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: Well, here's some truth for you. President Obama campaigned for two years. His policies were announced that long ago. He won the Democrat nomination last August, six months ago. Every smart money guy, every smart money woman on Wall Street and around the world knew Obama was a shoe-in to be president six months ago.

RUSH: So the economy stopped. The stock market started tanking. They knew Obama was going to win.

RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

Obama said in his Nov. 2008 campaign that his cap and trade policies would make gas and energy prices rise dramatically.
He sure has kept this campaign promise hasn't he.

Again, if there was a GOP president, using already established CON$ervative rationalizations, I could blame the President from the time elected, hell even from the time the nomination was won!!!! :eusa_whistle:

November 6, 2008
RUSH: The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen. Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression. He hasn't done anything yet but his ideas are killing the economy. His ideas are killing Wall Street.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: Well, here's some truth for you. President Obama campaigned for two years. His policies were announced that long ago. He won the Democrat nomination last August, six months ago. Every smart money guy, every smart money woman on Wall Street and around the world knew Obama was a shoe-in to be president six months ago.

RUSH: So the economy stopped. The stock market started tanking. They knew Obama was going to win.

RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

flip floping? First you go after the speaker of the house then when you can't prove that anyone condemn puddin face within 4 months of becoming speaker of the house you spin it to the president.

this-is-epic-fail.jpg

November 6, 2008

March 2, 2009

flip floping? First you go after the speaker of the house then when you can't prove that anyone condemn puddin face within 4 months of becoming speaker of the house you spin it to the president.
YOU brought up the president, I merely pointed out that by CON$ervative tradition I could blame everything that happened from the day a GOP president won the nomination.

And CON$ have, for example, blamed the debt on Pelosi accumulated from the day she was sworn in.

Under Pelosi, national debt has increased $5 trillion | KETK
Under Pelosi, national debt has increased $5 trillion

November 6, 2008

March 2, 2009

YOU brought up the president, I merely pointed out that by CON$ervative tradition I could blame everything that happened from the day a GOP president won the nomination.

And CON$ have, for example, blamed the debt on Pelosi accumulated from the day she was sworn in.

what I said was that if we had a republican p[resident you would be blaming the president, all you have is bonher. If the senate was controled by republicans would you also be blaming the senate? or do they get a pass because the democrats have a small majority?

Date of you link is Monday, October 25, 2010 she was speaker of the house in 2007 well past your 4 months

Last edited:

what I said was that if we had a republican p[resident you would be blaming the president, all you have is bonher. If the senate was controled by republicans would you also be blaming the senate? or do they get a pass because the democrats have a small majority?

Date of you link is Monday, October 25, 2010 she was speaker of the house in 2007 well past your 4 months
No, that was YOUR 4 months.

CON$ set the precedent that the Speaker of the House is blameworthy from the DAY they are sworn in BEFORE Crybaby Boner was speaker, I'm merely applying that already established precedent!! :lol:

CON$ set the precedent that the Speaker of the House is blameworthy from the DAY they are sworn in BEFORE Crybaby Boner was speaker, I'm merely applying that already established precedent!! :lol:
No that was your 4 months
Actually, the price was fairly flat for the year and a half before the GOP took congress and then went straight up after they took over!!!!!
Thanks a lot, Crybaby Boner!!!
fairly flat for the year and a half before the GOP took congress
There's the graph calling you a liar.

The price went 1.60 a gallon to 2.70 in less than a year in 2009 and that's fairly flat to you?
Except I said a YEAR AND A HALF before the GOP took over!!!
Gas has gone from about $3 to over $4.50 in the less than 4 months since the GOP took the House!!!!

No that was your 4 months
There's the graph calling you a liar.

The price went 1.60 a gallon to 2.70 in less than a year in 2009 and that's fairly flat to you?
Except I said a YEAR AND A HALF before the GOP took over!!!
Gas has gone from about $3 to over $4.50 in the less than 4 months since the GOP took the House!!!!
No, YOU were the one who claims the precedent had to be set in 4 months. I said the precedent has been set BEFORE Crybaby Boner became Speaker and I'm merely applying the already established CON$ervative precedent.

Forum List

Back