5 Common Myths about "The Settlements".

We are talking about people not names.

What were native Americans called before it was America? Were they different people?
--------------------------
Drawing up the framework of nationality, Article 30 of the Treaty of Lausanne stated:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in territory which in accordance with the provisions of the present Treaty is detached from Turkey will become ipso facto, in the conditions laid down by the local law, nationals of the State to which such territory is transferred.”​

The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​

Genesis of Citizenship in Palestine and Israel

In 1924 the Palestinians became the legal citizens of Palestine. This was according the rule of state succession (international law) and reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne. This was followed up by the Palestinian Citizenship Order of 1925.
And if you are right, before 1924 Palestinians had no rights in Israel? Good to know, Palestinians are new migrants to Israel, who prior to 1924 were there illegally.
Why do you shovel Israeli shit? Can you prove that crap?

Link?
You made the statement, not me. If Arabs had rights, then why did they need a law or order, to establish rights in 1925?

What were native Americans called before it was America? Were they different people?
Drawing up the framework of nationality, Article 30 of the Treaty of Lausanne stated:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in territory which in accordance with the provisions of the present Treaty is detached from Turkey will become ipso facto, in the conditions laid down by the local law, nationals of the State to which such territory is transferred.”​

The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​

Show any book, magazine, newspaper from 1924 that refers to Arabs in Palestine as Palestinians? I bet yo can not do something that simple. The reason why you can not show us how Arabs are referred to as Palestinians, is because they never were and never referred to themselves as such.

I used to be “anti-settlement” until I visited one by accident. Since then, I’ve learned a lot about how the settlement issue is misunderstood and often twisted.

Myth 1: They’re on stolen Palestinian land
Most of the land that the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria were built on was Jewish-owned. In 1948, thousands of Jews who lived over the Green Line on land they had bought were forcibly removed from their homes when the Land became an Arab state – Jordan. Between 1948 and 1967, the Jordanians were desperate to fill that land with Arabs so that if the Jews got it back, they wouldn’t be able to live there because of all the land that was literally “given away” to Arabs. However, the “settlements” that are legal under Israeli law were not built on such land, even though it was literally handed out by Jordan to prevent future Jewish settlement. Amona is an example of a town that was evacuated by the Israeli government when it was determined that the land belonged to an Arab (who was an absentee land owner who didn’t care about it until leftist NGOs told him he should). It was an “illegal settlement” because part of it was on Arab-owned land. The current legal settlements under Israeli law are all built on Jewish-owned land, or within Area C as designated by Oslo.

5 Common Myths About “The Settlements”
Israeli-Jewish settlements are in occupied Palestine and therefore illegal under international law.

Many of those Jews You single out (as opposed to Palestinian and EU illegal settlements)...have been living there before the Zionist immigration started.

What You call "illegal" and "law" are basically subjects of Your opinion.

I't the continuation of the al-Husseini agenda- who officially demanded land bought by Jews returned to Arabs for the sole reason of them being Jews. The same reason one can demand a Juderein Palestine while demanding Israel to give Palestinians in Gaza and Rammallah the same rights as Israeli Arab and Jewish citizens have.
I thought you would know I was referring to the Israeli-Jewish settlements established on the best land of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem since 1967.

I used to be “anti-settlement” until I visited one by accident. Since then, I’ve learned a lot about how the settlement issue is misunderstood and often twisted.

Most of the land that the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria were built on was Jewish-owned. In 1948, thousands of Jews who lived over the Green Line on land they had bought were forcibly removed from their homes when the Land became an Arab state – Jordan. Between 1948 and 1967, the Jordanians were desperate to fill that land with Arabs so that if the Jews got it back, they wouldn’t be able to live there because of all the land that was literally “given away” to Arabs. However, the “settlements” that are legal under Israeli law were not built on such land, even though it was literally handed out by Jordan to prevent future Jewish settlement. Amona is an example of a town that was evacuated by the Israeli government when it was determined that the land belonged to an Arab (who was an absentee land owner who didn’t care about it until leftist NGOs told him he should). It was an “illegal settlement” because part of it was on Arab-owned land. The current legal settlements under Israeli law are all built on Jewish-owned land, or within Area C as designated by Oslo.

Israeli-Jewish settlements are in occupied Palestine and therefore illegal under international law.

Many of those Jews You single out (as opposed to Palestinian and EU illegal settlements)...have been living there before the Zionist immigration started.

I't the continuation of the al-Husseini agenda- who officially demanded land bought by Jews returned to Arabs for the sole reason of them being Jews. The same reason one can demand a Juderein Palestine while demanding Israel to give Palestinians in Gaza and Rammallah the same rights as Israeli Arab and Jewish citizens have.
I thought you would know I was referring to the Israeli-Jewish settlements established on the best land of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem since 1967.

"best lands" - any facts yet?

When You decide to address ANY of my points, rather than push some slogans- I'd gladly read those :)

I have two questions, maybe somebody can answer, about Samaria and Judea.

How did the Palestinians acquire those territories, and when did that happen?
In 1924 the Palestinians became the legal citizens of Palestine. This was according the rule of state succession (international law) and reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne. This was followed up by the Palestinian Citizenship Order of 1925.

Treaty of Lausanne...about as enforceable as the Magna Carta.
Beware of Wash, Rinse, Repeat Tinmore.

When You decide to address ANY of my points, rather than push some slogans- I'd gladly read those :)
Forgive me but it is past my bedtime and do not have the time to provide a full answer.

Forgive me but it is past my bedtime and do not have the time to provide a full answer.

Feel free when You have one, just quote my post so I can read Your reply later.

Last edited:

Even if it were enforced, the treaty doesn't mention Palestine anyway.

It's true. For years Tinmore has repeated the same rigamarole about that treaty over and over again. Then one day someone actually posted the Treaty (I think it was Phoenall), and I was shocked when I read it over and Palestine wasn't even in it at all.

Show any book, magazine, newspaper from 1924 that refers to Arabs in Palestine as Palestinians? I bet yo can not do something that simple. The reason why you can not show us how Arabs are referred to as Palestinians, is because they never were and never referred to themselves as such.

"The Spectator

19 AUGUST 1921, Page 11

THE ARABS OF PALESTINE.

[To TEE EDITOR OF TEE SPECTATOR."] Sia,—As you are aware, the Palestine Arab Delegation is in London. Its object is to make clear to the British public the position of the Moslem and Christian population in their country. It having been stated that I am acting a-, secretary to the delegation, allow use to explain that I hold no official position whatever with regard to it, though I have come to England from my Palestine home at the request of the Palestine Arab Congress to help the delegates with advice and as a friend of peace and international goodwill, while reserving my right of independent judgment. I have no political axe to grind and no anti-Jewish prejudice. But having lived for over thirty years on terms of real friendship and intimacy with the Palestinian Arabs, it is natural that I should desire to see justice done them and associate myself with their cause. This, however, does not constitute me in any sense an enemy of the Jews, and should not in fairness be so interpreted. As a result of the Balfour Declaration the British Adminis- tration in Palestine is faced by two irreconcilable claims: the one, the claim of the Jews, that Palestine shall eventually be "as Jewish as England is English "; that the British Govern- ment has pledged itself to bring this about; and that, in fact, Britain should hold and interpret her mandate in that sense;...."

CORRESPONDENCE. » 19 Aug 1921 » The Spectator Archive

And if you are right, before 1924 Palestinians had no rights in Israel? Good to know, Palestinians are new migrants to Israel, who prior to 1924 were there illegally.
Why do you shovel Israeli shit? Can you prove that crap?

Link?
You made the statement, not me. If Arabs had rights, then why did they need a law or order, to establish rights in 1925?
In 1925 the domestic law followed international law. That is typical.

It's true. For years Tinmore has repeated the same rigamarole about that treaty over and over again. Then one day someone actually posted the Treaty (I think it was Phoenall), and I was shocked when I read it over and Palestine wasn't even in it at all.
Stupid post.

Also not mentioned: Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, and Jordan.

Do you have a point here someplace?

Stupid post.

Also not mentioned: Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, and Jordan.

Do you have a point here someplace?
That you're an idiot who continuously spouts the photoshopped pictures on your wall.

After the 1967 War, Jordan became responsible for the West Bank and Egypt for Gaza.
In 1993, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) Negotiator Mahmoud Abbas signed a Declaration of Principles on Interim Self-Government Arrangements (Oslo Accord). Israel accepted the PLO as the representative of the Palestinians, and the PLO renounced terrorism and recognized Israel’s right to exist in peace.

The Israeli-Jordanian peace treaty of 1994 was signed. The Cairo Agreement of 1994 finalized Israel’s withdrawal from most of Gaza and Jericho and then came the Taba (Oslo II) Agreement in 1995. The latter agreement divided the West Bank into separate areas under Israeli control, Palestinian control, and Israeli military responsibility with Palestinian civil administration, respectively.

palestine_oslo_areas%201_zpsar7cbp4b.png

Area A (Palestinian Control) 18%
Area B (Palestine civil administration/Israeli military responsibility) 22%
Area C
(Israeli military control) 60%

You took exception to my claim that the settlers were taking the best land. By best I am, of course, referring to agriculture water, and minerals. The settlements are all in Area C or land which has been annexed by Israel. This current arrangement makes it impossible for the Palestinians in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem to develop an economy. The majority of the West Bank's agricultural land is in Area C as well as the water and mineral resources. Palestinians are severely restricted from accessing these resources The settlements continue to grow in Area C, giving the settlers the best land.

"Every time a settlement is built, Palestinians say, a little more is taken away from a future Palestinian state. The possibility of peace seems to grow less and less likely, and Palestinians accuse Israel of confiscating lands and taking away resources from the areas that Palestinians want for their statehood."
Israeli settlements controversy explained, and why it matters

Forum List

Back