5 Common Myths about "The Settlements".

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
I used to be “anti-settlement” until I visited one by accident. Since then, I’ve learned a lot about how the settlement issue is misunderstood and often twisted.

Myth 1: They’re on stolen Palestinian land
Most of the land that the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria were built on was Jewish-owned. In 1948, thousands of Jews who lived over the Green Line on land they had bought were forcibly removed from their homes when the Land became an Arab state – Jordan. Between 1948 and 1967, the Jordanians were desperate to fill that land with Arabs so that if the Jews got it back, they wouldn’t be able to live there because of all the land that was literally “given away” to Arabs. However, the “settlements” that are legal under Israeli law were not built on such land, even though it was literally handed out by Jordan to prevent future Jewish settlement. Amona is an example of a town that was evacuated by the Israeli government when it was determined that the land belonged to an Arab (who was an absentee land owner who didn’t care about it until leftist NGOs told him he should). It was an “illegal settlement” because part of it was on Arab-owned land. The current legal settlements under Israeli law are all built on Jewish-owned land, or within Area C as designated by Oslo.

5 Common Myths About “The Settlements”

• Banned
  • Israeli arms sales to Europe grew from $724M in 2014 to $1.63B in 2015
  • Although the size of New Jersey Israel is one of the top 10 arms dealing nations in the world
  • Israel produces 60% of all drones worldwide and sells to over 50 countries, at times selling to both sides of a given conflict, and Israel fueled the drones arms race between India and Pakistan
Palestine is an open air weapons testing and crowd control laboratory with Palestinians being used in the development phase; Gaza is a lab of mass destruction. US super bunker busters were supplied to the Israelis in 2014 and investors stock shot up; war is just business after all.

The “War in Terror” has been a boon to the industry, you’ve seen what amounts to advertisement in every “news” outlet, we are being whipped up into a frenzy once again. The industry also pioneers crowd control research on the Palestinians, and Israel is involved in the training of American forces and law enforcement. We see this in the militarization of our own police departments, Ferguson was but one example of how our system is prepping to Palestinianize our own population, and in fact Ferguson now has Israeli developed/sold skunk spray post the Ferguson events, although no incidents have yet been reported of use on American streets. It’s pretty clear that the Israeli occupation style power structure is moving toward the same in America; a warehousing of the poor in a post industrial age with diminishing living wage jobs and privatized for profit prisons complete with a return to convict leasing.

Much of the security monitoring and mass surveillance technologies are also produced in Israel and sold across the globe. “Targeted assassination” was invented in Israel, which Obama was quite fond of. Abu Ghraib torture methods? Israel.

The US and Israel are not allies. The US and Israeli arms dealers are allies, and war is the business they are both in. We are all collateral damage.

Have you changed the topic of the thread?

• Although the size of New Jersey Israel is one of the top 10 arms dealing nations in the world
  • Israel produces 60% of all drones worldwide and sells to over 50 countries, at times selling to both sides of a given conflict, and Israel fueled the drones arms race between India and Pakistan
Palestine is an open air weapons testing and crowd control laboratory with Palestinians being used in the development phase; Gaza is a lab of mass destruction. US super bunker busters were supplied to the Israelis in 2014 and investors stock shot up; war is just business after all.

The “War in Terror” has been a boon to the industry, you’ve seen what amounts to advertisement in every “news” outlet, we are being whipped up into a frenzy once again. The industry also pioneers crowd control research on the Palestinians, and Israel is involved in the training of American forces and law enforcement. We see this in the militarization of our own police departments, Ferguson was but one example of how our system is prepping to Palestinianize our own population, and in fact Ferguson now has Israeli developed/sold skunk spray post the Ferguson events, although no incidents have yet been reported of use on American streets. It’s pretty clear that the Israeli occupation style power structure is moving toward the same in America; a warehousing of the poor in a post industrial age with diminishing living wage jobs and privatized for profit prisons complete with a return to convict leasing.

Much of the security monitoring and mass surveillance technologies are also produced in Israel and sold across the globe. “Targeted assassination” was invented in Israel, which Obama was quite fond of. Abu Ghraib torture methods? Israel.

The US and Israel are not allies. The US and Israeli arms dealers are allies, and war is the business they are both in. We are all collateral damage.

Not really, does it seem that way to you?

• Banned

Not really, does it seem that way to you?

It IS that way.

I have two questions, maybe somebody can answer, about Samaria and Judea.

How did the Palestinians acquire those territories, and when did that happen?
In 1924 the Palestinians became the legal citizens of Palestine. This was according the rule of state succession (international law) and reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne. This was followed up by the Palestinian Citizenship Order of 1925.

I used to be “anti-settlement” until I visited one by accident. Since then, I’ve learned a lot about how the settlement issue is misunderstood and often twisted.

Most of the land that the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria were built on was Jewish-owned. In 1948, thousands of Jews who lived over the Green Line on land they had bought were forcibly removed from their homes when the Land became an Arab state – Jordan. Between 1948 and 1967, the Jordanians were desperate to fill that land with Arabs so that if the Jews got it back, they wouldn’t be able to live there because of all the land that was literally “given away” to Arabs. However, the “settlements” that are legal under Israeli law were not built on such land, even though it was literally handed out by Jordan to prevent future Jewish settlement. Amona is an example of a town that was evacuated by the Israeli government when it was determined that the land belonged to an Arab (who was an absentee land owner who didn’t care about it until leftist NGOs told him he should). It was an “illegal settlement” because part of it was on Arab-owned land. The current legal settlements under Israeli law are all built on Jewish-owned land, or within Area C as designated by Oslo.

Israeli-Jewish settlements are in occupied Palestine and therefore illegal under international law.

In 1924 the Palestinians became the legal citizens of Palestine. This was according the rule of state succession (international law) and reiterated by the Treaty of Lausanne. This was followed up by the Palestinian Citizenship Order of 1925.
Can you link or site anything that supports this claim? As far as I can tell, in 1924 nobody called or referred to Arabs as Palestinians.

The Treaty of Lausanne does not mention Palestine or the Arabs that lived there?

And if you are right, before 1924 Palestinians had no rights in Israel? Good to know, Palestinians are new migrants to Israel, who prior to 1924 were there illegally.

Can you link or site anything that supports this claim? As far as I can tell, in 1924 nobody called or referred to Arabs as Palestinians.
We are talking about people not names.

What were native Americans called before it was America? Were they different people?
--------------------------
Drawing up the framework of nationality, Article 30 of the Treaty of Lausanne stated:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in territory which in accordance with the provisions of the present Treaty is detached from Turkey will become ipso facto, in the conditions laid down by the local law, nationals of the State to which such territory is transferred.”​

The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​

Genesis of Citizenship in Palestine and Israel

And if you are right, before 1924 Palestinians had no rights in Israel? Good to know, Palestinians are new migrants to Israel, who prior to 1924 were there illegally.
Why do you shovel Israeli shit? Can you prove that crap?

Link?

I found this part to make a lot of sense -

I used to oppose “the settlements.” I saw “settlers” as these crazed radical ultra-orthodox Jews with their long beards and their head coverings, almost like aliens whom I, as a secular Jew, couldn’t relate to at all. Since I couldn’t relate to them, I couldn’t see myself or even my own family in them, so it became easier to believe the distorted perspective of them portrayed by the mainstream media..."

The Jews in Judea Samaria are actually very different- they can look totally secular or orthodox. However 1 thing in common is a actually the high technological level that these communities established in the area, sustainable energy production and agriculture (years ahead).

So where does the treaty of Lausanne even mention Palestine or Palestinians?

Hello! Anybody home?

Hello! Anybody home?
You're not or you wouldn't ask such a stupid question.

Israeli-Jewish settlements are in occupied Palestine and therefore illegal under international law.

Many of those Jews You single out (as opposed to Palestinian and EU illegal settlements)...have been living there before the Zionist immigration started.

What You call "illegal" and "law" are basically subjects of Your opinion.

I't the continuation of the al-Husseini agenda- who officially demanded land bought by Jews returned to Arabs for the sole reason of them being Jews. The same reason one can demand a Juderein Palestine while demanding Israel to give Palestinians in Gaza and Rammallah the same rights as Israeli Arab and Jewish citizens have.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back