Jul 11, 2004
Holy smokes.

snip:
77.5 million households do not pay federal individual income tax

MW-EB784_DIY_co_20151221162141_ZH.jpg

By

CateyHill
Reporter

Many Americans don’t have to worry about giving Uncle Sam part of their hard-earned cash for their income taxes this year.

An estimated 45.3% of American households — roughly 77.5 million — will pay no federal individual income tax, according to data for the 2015 tax year from the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan Washington-based research group. (Note that this does not necessarily mean they won’t owe their states income tax.)

Roughly half pay no federal income tax because they have no taxable income, and the other roughly half get enough tax breaks to erase their tax liability, explains Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center.

all of it here:
45% of Americans pay no federal income tax

Yep. The Obama administration lowered taxes overall instead of just handing out $20 to his buds, and all anyone has to do is look at the tax tables to see why, and yet the economy continues to recover from the subprime debacle. People who don't know how to do their own taxes are obviously mystified by this phenomenon.

Most of the people who don't pay taxes are in the bottom quartile, income-wise, with household earnings below $24,000 annually.

That isn't much money for a household.

Yep. We don't pay taxes. Taxes are taken from our checks every pay day but we get a refund....its the way shit works...I make no apologies for it. That refund is what we use to move or fix vehicles or buy a vehicle or buy kids clothes for school or pay off debt...etc.

Holy smokes.

snip:
77.5 million households do not pay federal individual income tax

MW-EB784_DIY_co_20151221162141_ZH.jpg

By

CateyHill
Reporter

Many Americans don’t have to worry about giving Uncle Sam part of their hard-earned cash for their income taxes this year.

An estimated 45.3% of American households — roughly 77.5 million — will pay no federal individual income tax, according to data for the 2015 tax year from the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan Washington-based research group. (Note that this does not necessarily mean they won’t owe their states income tax.)

Roughly half pay no federal income tax because they have no taxable income, and the other roughly half get enough tax breaks to erase their tax liability, explains Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center.

all of it here:
45% of Americans pay no federal income tax
That is just horrible

They should be paid higher wages so they qualify for the minimum tax

If you want to reduce the 45% to 0%

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

If you want to reduce the 45% to 0%

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

CldRRxV.gif

I'd like to know what percentage of BLACK households pay zero income tax. The govt has the number but won't tell us. Bet it's over 90%

Half of the population pay no income tax. Plus these people get tax credits, like EIC, whereby they get more money in their tax refunds than what they paid in to start with. We subsidize these fuckers with these refunds and tax credits. Those of us who do pay income taxes further subsidize their lives with roads, Medicaid, etc... Yet, despite all of these handouts these people are some of the same people that idiotically bitch about the 1% and evil corporations, as if they do not have more money because the 1% is taking more than "their fair share". This is the most ridiculous, stupid, ass backwards way of looking at economics. It is also flat out wrong.

How about this: when you tax-free income earning motherfuckers start contributing and stop leeching off of us then you can have a say in politics. Until then, sit down and shut the fuck up!

Well you can bet that 45% take every dime they can get from the taxpayers and could care less who earned that money.

Wonder what happens when it 50 or 55% who pay no taxes. You will have more takers than producers. Should be interesting to say the least.

Yep. The Obama administration lowered taxes overall instead of just handing out $20 to his buds, and all anyone has to do is look at the tax tables to see why, and yet the economy continues to recover from the subprime debacle. People who don't know how to do their own taxes are obviously mystified by this phenomenon.

Our economy is on life support. After 8 years, Obama has done zippo

-Geaux

Forum List

Back