40th anniversary of Mary Jo Kopechne’s drowning

we jumped on him for defending the piece of shit.

and neither you nor he can PROVE that Bush lied about the weapons.

I didn't see him defending jack. He was making a comparison.

And you can't prove that Teddy deliberately left Mary Jo to die either.

But you know what, just for fun I'll go and visit Mary Jo's family and try and defend Teddy's actions.

You go visit the families of the 3000+ servicemen who have died in Iraq/Afghanistan and try and defend Bush's war....

we jumped on him for defending the piece of shit.

and neither you nor he can PROVE that Bush lied about the weapons.

I didn't see him defending jack. He was making a comparison.

But you know what, just for fun I'll go and visit Mary Jo's family and try and defend Teddy's actions.

You go visit the families of the 3000+ servicemen who have died in Iraq/Afghanistan and try and defend Bush's war....

Bush's war has nothing to do with Teddy Kennedy. I'm not defending Bush and Roxy WAS defending Teddy. If Bush lied about WMD's, did Clinton lie about WMD's? He said Saddam had them.

Bush's war has nothing to do with Teddy Kennedy. I'm not defending Bush and Roxy WAS defending Teddy. If Bush lied about WMD's, did Clinton lie about WMD's? He said Saddam had them.

I'm not saying Bush's war did have anything to do with Kennedy, but if you're going to raise a politicians foibles and blame one for the death of a person, you can bet your bottom dollar those on the other side of the aisle are gonna do the same.

You raise an interesting point. Did Bush lie about WMD's. I don't know. What I THINK (as opposed to know), is that Bush would have gone to war anyway. he needed payback for 9-11 and Sadman was unwittingly the target.

Was it worth it? To certain Iraqis yes. To coalition troops killed? not one of them IMO....

I'm not saying Bush's war did have anything to do with Kennedy, but if you're going to raise a politicians foibles and blame one for the death of a person, you can bet your bottom dollar those on the other side of the aisle are gonna do the same.

You raise an interesting point. Did Bush lie about WMD's. I don't know. What I THINK (as opposed to know), is that Bush would have gone to war anyway. he needed payback for 9-11 and Sadman was unwittingly the target.

Was it worth it? To certain Iraqis yes. To coalition troops killed? not one of them IMO....

Ironic WHO agrees with you...

1992 Cheney: Deposing Saddam not worth very many lives.

"How many additional American lives is Saddam Hussein worth? The answer: not very damn many."

In 1994, Dick Cheney said deposing Saddam Hussein would have created a “quagmire” that would not be worth the loss of American life. In 2000, when asked why the U.S. didn’t topple Hussein in the Gulf War, Cheney said, “I thought the decision was sound at the time, and I do today.”

next time the dems ask how many Bush killed in Iraq, I'll ask how many Johnson killed in vietnam or truman in Korea. has as much to do with Bush as Teddy does.

So, let me get this straight..

A neocon whackjob starts this thread about a Democrat who WRONGLY left a woman to die.

A leftie then mentions a war that a Republican WRONGLY started in which 4000 people die, and all you cons jump on him like he's got the pox?

LOL...what a bunch a tossers....

you know Doc. usually i feel you are about 70/30 with me....most i can live with what you talk about...but here is the non-agree part....to compare a piece of fuckin shit who let a girl drown BECAUSE he was worried about his career or his family reputation...comparing this to a pres. who ordered guys into a combat situation,you know like NO president has ever done that before.....take your head out of your ass Doc......if there's a "tosser" here its you...

he did not say anything for hours moron....

Wow, you there Harry? Kennedy was also in the car that plunged off a bridge into the water. Did he suffer any injuries or was he in a state of shock? He claims he made numerous dives in an attempt to save Mary Jo. Did he suffer from exhaustion Harry?

Those are fair questions, because you were THERE

Wow, you there Harry? Kennedy was also in the car that plunged off a bridge into the water. Did he suffer any injuries or was he in a state of shock? He claims he made numerous dives in an attempt to save Mary Jo. Did he suffer from exhaustion Harry?

He wasn't in shock enough not to be able to find his way home bf. Only the next day were the authorities called, which brings into question whether he actually tried to save her. Or, more than likely he was trying to figure out damage control on the situation.
But, go ahead and believe that the royal family walks on water. No matter what you could possibly say, you come off like that. :cuckoo:

He wasn't in shock enough not to be able to find his way home bf. Only the next day were the authorities called, which brings into question whether he actually tried to save her. Or, more than likely he was trying to figure out damage control on the situation.
But, go ahead and believe that the royal family walks on water. No matter what you could possibly say, you come off like that. :cuckoo:

of course, the Kennedys are the holy blood line.

Hey, I was NOT there, but Harry KNOWS, so the only way that is possible...he HAD to either be there OR he is Ted Kennedy...

Hey, I was NOT there, but Harry KNOWS, so the only way that is possible...he HAD to either be there OR he is Ted Kennedy...
i have not ever heard that he suffered a single injury
however, that does not excuse him from contacting the authorities about it for over 10 hours
he was allegdely a good swimmer, not sure what made him that, but thats what everyone said
and if it had been me, if i hadnt got her out, the FIRST thing i would have done when i got to where i could, would have been to call the police and inform them that someone was trapped in a car under water

however, that does not excuse him from contacting the authorities about it for over 10 hours
he was allegdely a good swimmer, not sure what made him that, but thats what everyone said
and if it had been me, if i hadnt got her out, the FIRST thing i would have done when i got to where i could, would have been to call the police and inform them that someone was trapped in a car under water

Teddy's daddy and brothers weren't around to cover it up for him....
ya know, like cheating on a spanish test, being expelled from harvard and JP buys his way back in...

oh yea he was in so much shock he was diving trying to save her....your a moron Bfg....were did he go when he was done trying to save her?".....to the nearest house to call for help?.....flag down someone for help?....NO dipshit....he went somewhere and sat around thinking about how i can get away with this without tarnishing the family name and of course his political career....your a fucking apoligist for this piece of shit family.....is your fucking name Kennedy by any chance?....

he could not Dive...the poor man was in shock.....like Meister said he found his way home AFTER he said he was diving around for her...but someone offered him a beer at a party so he figured hey its a party...morons like Bfg eat his fucking story up .....there is millions of BFG's in Mass. thats why this bloated blob of shit gets elected every year....

Sin is sin. Kennedy committed a crime and then covered it up (another crime), and then had people "that care" continue to vote him in office for decades.
Bush took information and made a decision. He went to congress and had congress vote to give him the authority to go to war. Congress (bi-partisian) voted to give him that authority. Afterwards, many that voted for it (maybe they didn't read that bill either) found out some of their voters were against it and 'claimed' to be against it too.

Okay, maybe we shouldn't have liberated 26,000,000 people in Iraq and Afganistan. Maybe we should just wait for the extremist to hit us until it is personal. Kennedy would allow them to come into the country as illegal aliens and claim: they were doing work that Americans didn't want to do (kill Americans).

You are against the war, no really, I got that, please explain how your stop extremists from destroying civilization, to be replaced with camel jockey slaughterers that want to FORCE everyone to join their way of thinking (under the threat of bodily and spiritual harm).
While you are at it, list the contributions of Muslim extremists to ANY society.

One continued what was started before him (41st & 42nd presidents). The other committed a crime, covered it up, and pretends that he is moral.
If that was YOUR daughter, how would you feel?
(Compare that to being trained for combat after volunteering to keep this country safe, being issued bullets and sent to another country you knew to be a hostile environment. vs. trusting a man and getting in a car with him thinking you would be returned safely to your home, within a few hours, to realizing he left you to drown because he was so drunk, he wrecked the car, and didn't mention it until after he got a good night's sleep. There is a slight difference.)

If the quality of one's character is defined by what he or she does when no one is looking, then we can surmise that Ted Kennedy is nothing more than a coward of the purest and worst kind.

Forum List

Back