? 4 those of all faiths ....why do you think god allows...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by strollingbones, Dec 25, 2010.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,859
    i have a question for those of all faiths and those who have none....

why would a just and righteous god allow what is going on to go on?

why would he allow his beloved children to hate each other over beliefs in him or her?

i see people like benny hinn (the faith healer) and wonder why god doesnt strike him dead? do you ever wonder about this?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. p kirkes

p kirkes VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Sin, man's fall (corporately), God's redemption (individually), man restored (individually), then comes the end of time and eternal life for those who chose to be saved. God loves man and doesn't want the race to be lost, but we do have free will and God did not take that away or otherwise we couldn't choose to love him or not. Works for me.

3. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    The good, old Problem of Evil.

An all powerful, all loving God would not allow evil in His works.

If he wants to end evil and can't he's not all powerful. If he can but doesn't want to he's not all loving. Despite all the best efforts of countless generations of theologians the fact is the conundrum simply does not have a satisfactory answer.

My personal answer is that good and evil are merely abstractions that are created soon after rational beings appear on a given planet. These two concepts do not have any "external validation" IMO.

I fully understand the consequences of my belief are too frightful for most people to consider. This belief basically means there's no real difference between historical characters like Jesus and Hitler outside of the human brain.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Benny Hinn is a hoot. What is sad is that people believe in him.

I have not reviewed the thread yet but I assume you will hear it is becuase god gives people a choice. Obey him or burn in hell for all eternity.

And judging from the bible heaven is not such a good place either. 1/3? of the angels revolted and Satan used to be in heaven as well.
    War in heaven? Well I suppose that would be heaven for some...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  5. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,623
    Bones....many years ago this guy i knew was into studying Religions of all kinds,told me that the reason he got from studying the very old writings,was that Lucifer called out GOD in front of their fellows, where ever it is they live,about us little old humans.....basically Lucifer said we have no integrity and if it wasnt for what God has given us,we would spit in his face if he wasnt there,and are not worth his efforts......so since all the eyes of "Heaven" were now focused on "GOD"...........still hanging with me?............and since Lucifer was not the only one who felt this way....GOD had to do something because he said that the great Majority of us Humans HAVE integrity AND ARE worth his attention.......so he said he will turn his back on us for a period of time.....and apparently Lucifer has left his Message with us and GOD had let the one called Jesus come and leave his Message with us......well here we are......the pawns in a battle of some vastly superior beings......everyone still awake?......:lol:

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    because people are allowed free will. and that free will allows them to do not such good things. i don't think G-d is a micromanager.

or maybe he is and there's a reason for it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  7. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    So he's not an all loving God.

A totally righteous spiritual entity would not create a "soap opera", a "video game" where his creation would be allowed to opt between good and evil, kindness and cruelty.

8. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Do you punish your children when the disobey? Do you love them? We all all God's children yet we were born in sin. Jesus is the our Savior and only through him can you become one of the saved ones. The trials and tribulations we go through test our commitment to God. Yes many bad things happen in the world, but the world is Satan's playground and it is through him that these bad things happen. God allows this because Adam and Eve chose to violate the law and God sentenced human kind to live in Satan's world. Temptation will always exist until Jesus returns.

9. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    Without Free will and the power to choose ones destiny, there is no real life or love.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    it doesn't have anything to do with love.

what use would people be to G-d if they were only automatons. wouldn't that kind of destroy the point of reward in the afterlife?

because if you're just doing what you're programmed to do, then what is being rewarded?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2