4 aircraft down in one week

The new choppers and planes are waaaaay more sophisticated than those just a few short years ago.
So many things that could go wrong....
I'm still using a microwave, from god-knows-when, with a mechanical timer and two buttons for 'cook' or 'defrost'. Of course, the floor's rusted out, and you have to SLAM the door to make it go, but it's still going strong.

The new choppers and planes are waaaaay more sophisticated than those just a few short years ago.
So many things that could go wrong....
I'm still using a microwave, from god-knows-when, with a mechanical timer and two buttons for 'cook' or 'defrost'. Of course, the floor's rusted out, and you have to SLAM the door to make it go, but it's still going strong.
we were flying CH46s in the late 80s.....I think the chopper unit with us got some type of award for no accidents/operational choppers-something like that
...yes--exactly--so many things to go wrong
and they were landing big CH53s on the LPH--not much room .....first time we came in to land I wondered ''that's tiny--how will they land''?

Under trained helicopter pilots is my guess but until the results come in we will have to withhold judgment..
good point .....a lot [ if not the majority ] of civilian aircraft ''accidents'' are from human error

ITs called old worn out equipment ......why do you think half of your NAVY and Airforce jets cant fly

ITs called old worn out equipment ......why do you think half of your NAVY and Airforce jets cant fly
...the CH53 is an old chopper ..I'm surprised there were only 4 dead as that can hold a lot more...we would usually carry about 20 or so--not the full capacity about 50

Forum List

Back