4.88's in the Tundra

So...yes, it will tow 10,000lbs, if...
...you carry no passengers or cargo.
...you spec it a configuration nobody actually orders. (Regular cab 2WD with HD everything)
...you're built like a jockey.

The 1500+lb tongue weight will have the truck right at it's payload limit, and might be over the rear axle rating.

So...yes, it will tow 10,000lbs, if...
...you carry no passengers or cargo.
...you spec it a configuration nobody actually orders. (Regular cab 2WD with HD everything)
...you're built like a jockey.

The 1500+lb tongue weight will have the truck right at it's payload limit, and might be over the rear axle rating.

As I've said from the get go.....
You never pull the max your truck can handle.
Not sure why you keep arguing the point.

Because it is pure and unadulterated bullshit. Hotshotters tow double the factory ratings (grossing 30,000 on a dually pickup is nothing unusual), then run their trucks half a million miles!

Because it is pure and unadulterated bullshit. Hotshotters tow double the factory ratings (grossing 30,000 on a dually pickup is nothing unusual), then run their trucks half a million miles!

You can say what you want. I've been towing crap for damn near 35 years whether it be a boat,travel trailer or some other load.
My personal experience outweighs your claptrap.

You seem to have some kind of adversity to trucks and modifications. Just to give you more ammo I also build firearms from scratch. I bet that makes you piss your pants......

The whole idea that you find the building of a truck for a specific need pissis you off makes me think of jealousy or ignorance.

I've tried to be nice but at this point you've lost your man card.
You should probably take up canning.

You can say what you want. I've been towing crap for damn near 35 years whether it be a boat,travel trailer or some other load.

One more time, for the slow kid: Hotshotters have been doubling tow ratings on pickups for years.

This is nothing abnormal for them:
1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

You seem to have some kind of adversity to trucks and modifications. Just to give you more ammo I also build firearms from scratch. I bet that makes you piss your pants......

No, you seem to be projecting. Or flailing, not sure which.

The whole idea that you find the building of a truck for a specific need pissis you off makes me think of jealousy or ignorance.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. Have you tried a trained mental health professional?

Have you been drinking?

One more time, for the slow kid: Hotshotters have been doubling tow ratings on pickups for years.

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. Have you tried a trained mental health professional?

Have you been drinking?

So you post up a tow job that will get the driver life in prison if he loses it and kills someone?
I'd be surprised if he made it ten miles up the interstate before he got busted.

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

Keep it civil.

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

So you post up a tow job that will get the driver life in prison if he loses it and kills someone?
I'd be surprised if he made it ten miles up the interstate before he got busted.

It's legal, just stupid for the most part. I have seen a couple of these guys that were actually competent, but they are the minority.

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

Keep it civil.

Thanks West.

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

It's legal, just stupid for the most part. I have seen a couple of these guys that were actually competent, but they are the minority.

Towing a load that exceeds the capacity of your vehicle is indeed illegal.

But to get back on topic....
I lifted the truck and put 35's on it for ground clearance to clear the trails I regularly run and want to put 4.88's in it to regain my factory power mainly for towing purposes...although I wont mind the freaking acceleration the beast had to begin with!!!

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

One more time...this is COMMON. He is entirely legal (truck is tagged for 30k), hotshotters do that every day! Note that factory GVWR has exactly zero legal relevance...trucks are tagged for more all the time. (I had 11,500lb tags on my 9400lb GVWR F350.)

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

Define "exceeds the capacity of your vehicle" using tbe appropriate statutes. Be specific.

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

Define "exceeds the capacity of your vehicle" using tbe appropriate statutes. Be specific.

Towing Liability: Pickup Tow Ratings explained

1219071700b_0001.jpg

Just short of 30,000lbs.

Have you been drinking?

In other words: you got nuthin'.

Figured.

In other words: you got nuthin'.

Figured.

If you're towing something beyond the capacity of the vehicle or in an unsafe manner you'll be held responsible for loss of life and property.

Update: Just got the Tundra back from the local offroad shop after the regear.
Shift points are back to normal and the pep is back.
Haven't really hammered on it since the gears need to be broken in.
Final cost for the front and rear dif $2400.00 bucks.
Well worth it!

Forum List

Back