Shopping for a good car with a lot of safety features...

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I am in the market of a good safe car to drive. My desires are brake assist, forward collision warning
automatic breaking system, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning and back up camera.

Anyone who knows a great deal about cars care to offer an opinion of what I should look at below $45,000?

'72 Impala. It's a tank.

I'm thinking "Jeep" for you. I just saw one somewhere and it had all that stuff.

I am in the market of a good safe car to drive. My desires are brake assist, forward collision warning
automatic breaking system, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning and back up camera.

Anyone who knows a great deal about cars care to offer an opinion of what I should look at below $45,000?

Is this a joke?

What happened to being alert? I dunno if I could concentrate with 57 different warning beepers going on. Enough already. I dunno folks --- sometimes we invent stuff not because it improves anything but just because we can.

Is this a joke?

What happened to being alert? I dunno if I could concentrate with 57 different warning beepers going on. Enough already. I dunno folks --- sometimes we invent stuff not because it improves anything but just because we can.
No, it's not a joke. A friend close to me was involved in an awful accident and it could have been averted if they had a warning signal. BTW, 57 alerts do not come on at once! LMAO

If you don't want the 72 Impala, look at the new impala. I drove one as a rental. Very roomy, back up camera, decent power and I think you can get those new with all the goodies for around 30K.

Just checked out the Tesla. Very expensive! And it just mentioned the rear camera for safety features. I want more than that. Thank you though.

Is this a joke?

No, it's not a joke. A friend close to me was involved in an awful accident and it could have been averted if they had a warning signal. BTW, 57 alerts do not come on at once! LMAO

I don't think all that stuff is a good idea. Makes you dependent, and that makes you lazy. When you get lazy you're not paying attention. You MUST pay attention to drive. That's how I do it --- total involvement. I won't even drive an autonomic transmission. I want to be connected to everything going on, at all times --- not dependent on some robot that could fail at any time.

"YMMV"

Any model Subaru has all those features and more. I have a 2015 Forrester and it's great. One of the highest safety rated cars.

Look at a used Hummer then.

It is as close as you can come to a street legal Sherman tank.

Driving an automobile is in the top 10 list of most dangerous things you can do on this Earth.

Safe is an oxymoron when it comes to automobiles.

They have been killing tens of thousands of people since they were first invented.

Any model Subaru has all those features and more. I have a 2015 Forrester and it's great. One of the highest safety rated cars.
Why would you think a tiny sardine can like a Subaru is "safe" ???

Forum List

Back