3d printed guns can legally be printed as of August!

I found your next gun. You're welcome.

Bug-A-Salt: The Original Salt Gun

giphy.gif

Wow...................now any criminal can buy a 3D printer, download the plans, and print their own guns, no store required.

No serial number or ballistics record either.

Wow...................now any criminal can buy a 3D printer, download the plans, and print their own guns, no store required.

And any criminal can buy a gun off the streets! Any criminal can pay someone to buy a gun for them legally from a shop and then have it given to them! Any criminal can get a gun by stealing one from a house! on and on and on....I know it really scares leftists that now they won't have a registration list of who owns guns...THAT'S what scares them!

My understanding of this technology holds that only some parts of a firearm can be usefully produced via this "printing" (replicating) process while some of the more critical parts cannot. I can understand how a frame might be usefully produced, along with a stock and those mechanical parts which are not subjected to the more stressful functions of a firearm such as the breech, which will experience the full explosive force of each discharge. And I cannot understand how a rifled barrel could be "printed," i.e., composed of a material which is capable of being melted then re-solidified sufficiently to sustain the swelling stress of repetitive, transient compressions.

Those are my personal understandings and are based on my very limited knowledge of this "printing" technology. So I will be grateful for any knowledgeable corrections and education on the subject.

My understanding of this technology holds that only some parts of a firearm can be usefully produced via this "printing" (replicating) process while some of the more critical parts cannot. I can understand how a frame might be usefully produced, along with a stock and those mechanical parts which are not subjected to the more stressful functions of a firearm such as the breech, which will experience the full explosive force of each discharge. And I cannot understand how a rifled barrel could be "printed," i.e., composed of a material which is capable of being melted then re-solidified sufficiently to sustain the swelling stress of repetitive, transient compressions.

Those are my personal understandings and are based on my very limited knowledge of this "printing" technology. So I will be grateful for any knowledgeable corrections and education on the subject.
Was gonna ask the same questions. Thank you.

Actually, it is possible to make an ENTIRE gun from a 3D printer.

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun

“Alright. One…two…”

Before “three” arrives, a shot reverberates across the overcast central Texas landscape. A tall, sandy blond engineer named John has just pulled a twenty-foot length of yellow string tied to a trigger, which has successfully fired the world’s first entirely 3D-printed gun for the very first time, rocketing a .380 caliber bullet into a berm of dirt and prairie brush.

And any criminal can buy a gun off the streets! Any criminal can pay someone to buy a gun for them legally from a shop and then have it given to them! Any criminal can get a gun by stealing one from a house! on and on and on....I know it really scares leftists that now they won't have a registration list of who owns guns...THAT'S what scares them!

Yeah, but those guns still have serial numbers (although some might be filed off, but there are ways to revive it), as well as ballistics tests done on them.

3D printed guns don't.

Sounds like it will really lower gun crime...

Americans can legally download 3-D printed guns starting next month - CNN

I can hear the leftist shreaking already! Its a beautiful sound.

Yes, you can 3d print all the parts to make up a gun that "Might" fire one shot. Or it just might blow up in your hand. And even if it did fire once, don't fire it again. Chances are, the bullet won't make it out of the barrel and the gun will blow up in your face. The problem is, the 3d printing us Mortals can afford are done in plastics. It's a low temperature malleable plastic that isn't that strong. No self respecting criminal will bother having one of these things. it's more danger to the shooter than the target.

There is a Metal 3D printer. But it costs in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and the material it uses is very costly. The Company that marketed a 3d metal gun went out of business because their gun was so bad that it didn't even make it to the Saturday night special standard. Why would anyone shell out 11,000 bucks for a piece of complete junk?

Don't look for any serious 3d printed guns in the next 10 years of so.

Criminals don't worry about any of that shit. That's why they are called criminals.

from my understanding mostly the lower receivers are the printable part

the springs and such are still manufactured elsewhere

There are neighborhoods where its easier to buy handguns than it is to buy a fresh vegetable!

btw the "lowers" are the only part of the firearm that would have a serial number if store bought

just like the 80 percent finished lower billets are not required to have a serial number

this is why having the option of a 3d printer is such an important aspect of firearms

even if it is just cranking out lowers

buy a 3D printer, download the plans, and print their own guns, no store required.

Long live the 1st amendment, I say. Ima make me a laser gun, though, screw them other guys. Psheeear psheeer psheeer psheeeer...psheeear...

Forum List

Back