37 straight months of UE above 8%

Let's run with that for a bit.....

So essentially what you're saying is the current crop of democrats are too stupid to undo what the last bunch of idiots did?

No, it is more like this

Republicans gave the Democrats an economy that had negative GDP for five straight quarters and was bleeding 750,000 jobs a month

Then, Democrats said........Here is what needs to be done to fix this economy

Republicans stonewalled, blocked and delayed every initiative

And then giggled and said.......I told you they can't fix things

Lets see...

Hmmm....

5 straight quarters of negative GDP.

That brings us to the end of the last quarter of 2007.

When did the democrats get a majority?

Who handed who the economy?

Interesting......I have seen that card played before

Who passed the 2007 budget? Republican Congress
What specific bills were passed by the Democratic Congress in early 2007 that created a recession?

Who had control of the purse strings for the seven years preceding the Great Recession of 2007?

Really? The Rs did that when the House, Senate and White House were all controlled by the Democrats. Pretty amazing feat that. Can you tell us specifically which initiatives were blocked by the Rs? I'd like to thank them but need your help identifying just few block initiatives, which should be easy since "every" initiative was blocked. Please, enlighten us.

Well, let's start with the stimulus.

They strung it out, said "if it only had more tax cuts, we could support it" and "if it were smaller, we could support it" "if it only had some of my pork in it, I could support it"

Up until it came time To vote and not a single Republican supported it

Fuck that...

The stimulus was an epic failure because it was nothing more than a big lump-sum bailout of states which in turn bailed out unions...

Go read where that money went...

Unions, Unions, Unions...

As usual it was: "vote for me an I will pay you your contributions back" syndrome EVERY democrat has...

In Chicago we call that a kickback...

I give you 2 dollars to get elected and down the road you use your power and influence to give me 3 or 4....

:lol:

let's run with that for a bit.....

So essentially what you're saying is the current crop of democrats are too stupid to undo what the last bunch of idiots did?

no, it is more like this

republicans gave the democrats an economy that had negative gdp for five straight quarters and was bleeding 750,000 jobs a month

then, democrats said........here is what needs to be done to fix this economy

republicans stonewalled, blocked and delayed every initiative

and then giggled and said.......i told you they can't fix things

booooshhhhhh

And Cheney helped too

Gotta hand it to them....when Republicans fuck things up, they fuck them up good

And then they sit back and giggle because they created a mess that the Democrats can't fix

No, it is more like this

Republicans gave the Democrats an economy that had negative GDP for five straight quarters and was bleeding 750,000 jobs a month

I remember someone saying he was going to fix the economy.

I remember someone saying he would be able to work with republicans.

I remember a group of people telling us to elect dems into the houses so they could fix everything in the economy with a dem prez on their side.

I remember a huge group of ppl buying into all that bs.

Is my memory accurate?

Last edited:
One has to wonder, is it possible for democrats to apply any personal accountability towards Obama?

If the economy sucks the next 4 years as much as it has the first 4, will it still be Bush?

One has to wonder, is it possible for democrats to apply any personal accountability towards Obama?

If the economy sucks the next 4 years as much as it has the first 4, will it still be Bush?

Of course Obama is personally responsible

He is responsible for extending the Bush tax cuts, dumping single payer healthcare and not closing Gitmo

He is responsible for extending the Bush tax cuts, dumping single payer healthcare and not closing Gitmo

Best post I've ever seen you make, I'd rep if i could.

No, it is more like this

I remember someone saying he was going to fix the economy.

I remember someone saying he would be able to work with republicans.

I remember a group of people telling us to elect dems into the houses so they could fix everything in the economy with a dem prez on their side.

I remember a huge group of ppl buying into all that bs.

Is my memory accurate?

Well let's see...

Fix an economy that was losing 750,000 jobs a month and is now adding 250,000 jobs a month........that is a million jobs a month swing
Fix an economy that had negative GDP for five quarters and now has positive GDP for eleven straight quarters
Work with Republicans who have sworn not to support a single thing he did? Yes he failed at that
Did the Dem Congess fix everything? They passed the stimulus that prevented a Depression, they saved the auto industry, financial reform, repealed DADT, universal healthcare........what exactly has the Boehner Congress accomplished?

I love how our government just authorizes epic spending bills (without say of the people) then tax us to death to pay for their knee-jerk stupidity...

If one of your friends walked into a gas station then bought everything in it and expected you to foot the bill would you do it??

Because that is exactly how our congress and government operates...

Of course this is coming from an alleged radical hateful extremist...

Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.

Tax cuts aren't the problem - spending is...
the three biggest drivers of the current debt and deficits are:

1 - Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
2 - Medicare Part D
3 - 2001 & 2003 Tax Cuts

now which one of those were proposed by a democrat?

the three biggest drivers of the current debt and deficits are:

1 - Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
2 - Medicare Part D
3 - 2001 & 2003 Tax Cuts

now which one of those were proposed by a democrat?

How did you determine those to be the three "biggest drivers?"

(btw, i agree with you and oppose the wars, medicare part d, and the bush tax policy)

Tax Cuts added $3 trillion to our debt

Well maybe if the federal government SPENT LESS they could CUT THAT 3 TRILLION DOLLARS???

Not to mention the number you put out there is just made the FUCK up...
ok so its closer to $1T than 3.

Calculating the cost of the Bush tax cuts - The Washington Post

Cost of Tax Cuts for the Wealthiest Americans Since 2001 | Cost of Tax Cuts

although medicare part d has cost - $700B
(estimated now at $1T over 10 years, since 2006 the cost is $700B)
Republican Deficit Hypocrisy - Forbes.com

the wars have cost - $3.7T (as of June 2011)
Cost of war at least $3.7 trillion and counting | Reuters

Total cost of GOP policies - $5.4 Trillion

ooops!

Forum List

Back