33 and counting Dead in knife attack...

BEIJING (AP) -- More than 10 knife-wielding attackers slashed people at a train station in a southwestern city in what authorities called a terrorist attack by ethnic separatists in western China, and police fatally shot four of the assailants, leaving 33 people dead and 130 others wounded, state media said.

Authorities said five suspects were shot dead but that their identities had not yet been confirmed, and police were hunting for the remaining attackers, Xinhua reported.
Too bad police were not there sooner to stop the bloodshed. It appears that one suspect is in police custody. No doubt they are trying to get him tell where the others are hiding. For sure he will get the death penalty.

This attack just goes to show that even with gun control in place, hardened criminals or terrorists will find a way to commit their heinous crimes, even without guns if they are not available. If guns are available, and with strict gun control in place, criminals will have even more of an advantage since they know the only resistance they will encounter is by police.

Given a choice, I'll choose an asshole coming at me with a knife 10 out of 10 times; I can't stop a bullet but I can defend myself against a knife attack.

No, more than likely you can't, especially if the guy with the knife has any idea what he's doing. In any case it's not a strong argument for robbing Americans of our Constitutional rights.

And more foot stomping that doesn't change the basic facts.

"We don't want you to count the suicides.. no fair!!!"

Frankly, I am sitting no more than 50 feet from where my neighbor killed himself with that gun he bought for "protection".

And of course you wouldn't have helped him for any amount of money because that's just the kind of lazy worthless piece of shit that you are.. Guns are not the most reliable means of killing yourself. I learned that early in my career in psychiatry. There are a lot of debilitating injuries because people don't really know how to use the gun effectively. There are far more effective methods. Guns are way down the list.

Suicide methods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aren't you the asshole who posted over and over about smashing business managers in the head with baseball bats, you fucking hypocrite? You're a mouthy, hypocritical pussy.

Hey, dude, really, that's the only thing that's going to get through to them. .

Hey pussy, you're a hypocritical little coward who wouldn't raise his hand to an old woman for fear of the ass-kicking you'd end up with. Don't bemoan violent crime in the US while playing at your empty little fantasies of violence, you big-mouthed fucking punk.

Punkotard, if they shoot the bosses, I'd be the first ones calling to put him in jail.

However, I'm not so particular about kneecaps.

Frankly, I am sitting no more than 50 feet from where my neighbor killed himself with that gun he bought for "protection".

And of course you wouldn't have helped him for any amount of money because that's just the kind of lazy worthless piece of shit that you are.. Guns are not the most reliable means of killing yourself. I learned that early in my career in psychiatry. There are a lot of debilitating injuries because people don't really know how to use the gun effectively. There are far more effective methods. Guns are way down the list.

]

this chart would indicate otherwise... they are 55% of all suicides in the US.

suicide-by-method-chart.png

Here's the problem with this guy, who I knew was trouble the day he moved in from whatever trailer park he came from. A couple of weeks before he did the deed, he shot out his patio window into to collective parking lot of our complex. Probably could have hit someone. Then he lied to the cops about it. And amazingly, being the 2nd Amendment purist they were, the cops didn't confiscate his gun on the spot.

If you think you can defend yourself from a knife attack by hand you've watched too many movies. I operate from the "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" school of thought.

]

Here's the problem with this guy, who I knew was trouble the day he moved in from whatever trailer park he came from. A couple of weeks before he did the deed, he shot out his patio window into to collective parking lot of our complex. Probably could have hit someone. Then he lied to the cops about it. And amazingly, being the 2nd Amendment purist they were, the cops didn't confiscate his gun on the spot.

The rate in the US by gun is 50 percent. If someone wants to kill themselves they are going to do it.

us_methods_of_suicide_2006.png

Suicide method statistics in the USA | Lost All Hope: The web's leading suicide resource

What do you say about the country with highest suicide rate? Greenland... Where over 45 percent of suicides were committed by hanging? The secondary being guns.

Violent methods were used in committing suicide in 95% of cases.[3] The most common methods were hanging (46%) and shooting (37%);[3] other methods, such as jumping from heights, cutting with sharp objects, drowning, overdose of medication, and poisoning were also used, but less frequently.[5]

Suicide in Greenland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US suicide rate is about the same as Great Britain, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and Iceland and well below France and Greenland. In reality, suicide rates seem to have little to do with the availability or accessibility of guns. It just so happens that in the US guns are the suicide weapon of choice, while in Japan it might be jumping in front of a train or poisoning. The method of "jumping" is so common in Japan that the families of train-jumpers are often charged a fine for clean-up

So if this is true:

"US suicide rate is about the same as Great Britain, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and Iceland and well below France and Greenland"

Given many of the above countries have tight gun control, guns are not the reason suicide is committed. People will find a way, with or without a gun.

Suicide method statistics in the USA | Lost All Hope: The web's leading suicide resource

http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/9/07-043489.pdf

Using suicide data only skews the issue at hand, given countries with tough gun regulation or no guns have much higher suicide rates.

Using Murder rates with guns would be an "honest" approach for the lack of a better word.

The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
• But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
• Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean

Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country | News | theguardian.com

knives kill more people than deadly assault rifles. but then again so do hammers. or fists.

3-160214183651.png

knives kill more people than deadly assault rifles. but then again so do hammers. or fists.

3-160214183651.png

Hope they let us know when some maniac figures out a way to break into a school or a mall or a parking lot and hammer 28 people to death. Or when some wacko knives 16 people from a tower. Or when another murderer starts fatally fisting people from the inside of a car trunk.

]

Call me sadistic but the single most enjoyable thing about being on these forums is having a mental case set up other like mental cases to be outed in one swift response as mental cases.

So Joe.......does this pie chart make you feel better???

Happy now!!!!:D:D:D

Wouldn't life be just swell if we banned those guns!!!:banana::banana::banana::2up:

These hyper-nutters think suicides would decrease by 55% of we ban guns!!! HOLY FUCK......these people are actually on line with us at the local DD in the morning.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8710526 said:

]

The rate in the US by gun is 50 percent. If someone wants to kill themselves they are going to do it.

us_methods_of_suicide_2006.png

What do you say about the country with highest suicide rate? Greenland... Where over 45 percent of suicides were committed by hanging? The secondary being guns.

Suicide in Greenland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US suicide rate is about the same as Great Britain, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and Iceland and well below France and Greenland. In reality, suicide rates seem to have little to do with the availability or accessibility of guns. It just so happens that in the US guns are the suicide weapon of choice, while in Japan it might be jumping in front of a train or poisoning. The method of "jumping" is so common in Japan that the families of train-jumpers are often charged a fine for clean-up

So if this is true:

"US suicide rate is about the same as Great Britain, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and Iceland and well below France and Greenland"

Given many of the above countries have tight gun control, guns are not the reason suicide is committed. People will find a way, with or without a gun.

http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/9/07-043489.pdf

Using suicide data only skews the issue at hand, given countries with tough gun regulation or no guns have much higher suicide rates.

Using Murder rates with guns would be an "honest" approach for the lack of a better word.

The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
• But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
• Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean

Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country | News | theguardian.com

take away guns and people will still kill themselves. suicide has nothing to do with gun violence. but libs need to spin the numbers as much as they can

3-160214183651.png

Hope they let us know when some maniac figures out a way to break into a school or a mall or a parking lot and hammer 28 people to death. Or when some wacko knives 16 people from a tower. Or when another murderer starts fatally fisting people from the inside of a car trunk.

maybe when a liberal is capable of dealing with the problem instead of their personal agendas we'll actually solve a problem. but i'm not holding my breath on agenda driven libs ever doing that.

3-160214183651.png

maybe when a liberal is capable of dealing with the problem instead of their personal agendas we'll actually solve a problem. but i'm not holding my breath on agenda driven libs ever doing that.

Hard to see how "agendas" (or politics) have anything to do with the defenselessness against the technology of remote killing and simple laws of physics, but way to dodge the point. :thup:

Hard to see how "agendas" (or politics) have anything to do with the defenselessness against the technology of remote killing and simple laws of physics, but way to dodge the point. :thup:

guns don't kill, people do. take awy the technology, people will still kill. and guess what, with current changes in technology you can ban and destroy every gun in existence and people have the resources at their disposal to, make their own, or make their own other mass killing device. keep trying to put a bandaid on an amputation. the problem is growing and you do nothing about it. the non answer is all yours.

And to add, you are 12x more likely to die by homicide outside the borders of the US. Think I will take my chances here, even though we own half the worlds guns

-Geaux

But you're 4x-5x more likely to be murdered in the US compared to other developed Western nations, almost all of which have stricter gun control.

actually the rate of homicide in the USA has dropped at an equal to or greater rate with no strict gun control laws than it has in any country with rigid laws to outright bans. strick laws have been no more effective in reducing homicides than lax to no laws.

guns don't kill, people do. take awy the technology, people will still kill. and guess what, with current changes in technology you can ban and destroy every gun in existence and people have the resources at their disposal to, make their own, or make their own other mass killing device. keep trying to put a bandaid on an amputation. the problem is growing and you do nothing about it. the non answer is all yours.

"I do nothing about it"? :lol: What do you think these posts are? Chopped liver?

I've asked this before and no one comes up with an answer but --- where have I ever advocated "banning" anything? Or "destroying" anything besides attitude? Moreover when have I suggested that artifacts rather than people who use them are responsible? What kind of strawman is that? :cuckoo:

You still miss the point, which is that you can't knife people from a school tower and you can't punch people to death from inside a car trunk. You can do that with a gun, and they'll never see it coming. Therefore your comparison fails. The barrage of irrelevant noise is a nice try at deflection but that fails too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back