300 million and counting - Republicans caught stealing from Veterans Charities

R

rdean

Florida GOP donating $300K to veterans' charity after arrests

Overall, 57 people have been charged with various racketeering crimes, related to running an illegal gambling operation out of Internet cafes, claiming to be non-profit charities for veterans.

Investigators said the operation made $300 million, but only 2 percent was given to veterans.

Jennifer Carroll, Florida's lieutenant governor, resigns amid $300M scandal

ORLANDO - Florida's lieutenant governor resigned and nearly 60 other people were charged in a scandal involving a purported veterans charity that authorities said Wednesday was a front for a $300 million gambling operation.
The organization, Allied Veterans of the World, runs nearly 50 Internet parlors with computerized slot machine-style games, which are normally legal in Florida if most of the proceeds go to charity.
But investigators said the organization's executives gave precious little to veterans and lavished millions on themselves, spending it on boats, beachfront condos and Maseratis, Ferraris and Porsches.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now we know why Republicans keep screaming "less government". Because they don't want their leaders caught.

We have nearly a million veterans waiting for help in a backlog after cutting 750,000 government workers. Republicans say less because they want more. Less government workers so we have more waiting veterans.

-------------------------------------------------------

It is scary to think of what the sequester might to do the staffing at the Department of Veterans Affairs and how it will impact the backlog.

VA Compensation and Pension Backlog Grows to Nearly 900,000 Claims | Veterans Disability

-------------------------------------------------------

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

And I thought one of the worst things Republicans did was hold millions of unemployed hostage to get tax cuts for their masters. I thought the apology to BP and blocking the Obama administration from investigating BP was bad.

I think only the NAZI Party was worse, but I'm not sure. Can someone help me out here? Is the GOP the most damaging organization ever to target the United States?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Republicans

I suspect they don't understand they did anything wrong. They are so used to taking money from unsuspecting Americans. They do it to their base all the time.

While I applaud rDean and efforts in complete Hackery, it is a needed service in the larger "Divide and Conquer" strategy. The problem is that anyone can do a simple search of the term "Democrat Steals From Non Profit" and get a bunch of stories about Dems who do/did the same thing.

But again, I thank rDean for fanatically waiving the Democrat "National League" flag like it will actually make a difference. :clap2:

While I applaud rDean and efforts in complete Hackery, it is a needed service in the larger "Divide and Conquer" strategy. The problem is that anyone can do a simple search of the term "Democrat Steals From Non Profit" and get a bunch of stories about Dems who do/did the same thing.

But again, I thank rDean for fanatically waiving the Democrat "National League" flag like it will actually make a difference. :clap2:

OK, so I did the search:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn...76,d.b2I&fp=c8b31ab19e59dc97&biw=1838&bih=931

There was a case with a clerk some where.

Most don't even list "democrat" probably focusing on " Steals From Non Profit".

The case I listed includes Republicans in high office, dozens over 5 states. Hardly in the same league as "some clerk somewhere".

So prove me wrong. We already know Republicans believe in cash over country.

sigh, come on people we all should know by now only Republicans are crooks and get caught and convicted of a crime

according to rdean anyway

Forum List

Back