30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes While Making $160 Billion

merrill

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
and obummer took the ceo of the one of them and made him a czar.. so what's yer beef again?

30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes In The Last Three Years, While Making $160 Billion

In fact, in the last three years, 78 corporations had at least one year where they paid no federal income tax at all, while 30 corporations paid not a dime over the entire three years. Those 30 corporations paid nothing, even though they made $160 billion in profits over that period:

30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes In The Last Three Years, While Making $160 Billion | ThinkProgress

ThinkProgress????? :lol:

So let's see, so far today, a thread about millionaires, health insurance AND evil corporations. You need to start a CHeney and Halliburton thread to make it a complete washout.

The shareholders paid taxes on the dividends they received from said companies.
Taxes weren't avoided, merely collected from a different entity.

The did pay all sorts of other taxes, and the wages they paid to their employees was taxed many times over.

[/thread]

and obummer took the ceo of the one of them and made him a czar.. so what's yer beef again?

lmao.................

The 99%er sympathizers are such meatheads!!:lol:

Of these corporations who paid nothing it makes me wonder how many receive preferential tax assistance and who accept corporate welfare aka tax dollar moochin

And how much dollar moochin are YOU doing? I'm guessing you're a 47 percenter who pays NOTHING.

lmao.................

The 99%er sympathizers are such meatheads!!:lol:

Of these corporations who paid nothing it makes me wonder how many receive preferential tax assistance and who accept corporate welfare aka tax dollar moochin

And how much dollar moochin are YOU doing? I'm guessing you're a 47 percenter who pays NOTHING.
Or at the very least takes every single deduction and tax credit he possibly can. Hypocrisy at its finest!

The shareholders paid taxes on the dividends they received from said companies.
Taxes weren't avoided, merely collected from a different entity.

So, if I make $X but pay no taxes, then pay some of my money to a housekeeper who does pay taxes, that's cool?

I wonder how much these goofballs could accomplish if the devoted 1/2 the time they spend complaining about everything to something productive?

As CTJ’s report put it, “just as workers pay their fair share of taxes on their earnings, so should successful businesses pay their fair share on their success.

But today corporate tax loopholes are so out of control that most Americans can rightfully complain, ‘I pay more federal income taxes than General Electric, Boeing, DuPont, Wells Fargo, Verizon, etc., etc., all put together.’ That’s an unacceptable situation.” And its one that lawmakers could fix, if they were willing to stand up to the nation’s biggest corporations.

30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes In The Last Three Years, While Making $160 Billion | ThinkProgress

As CTJ’s report put it, “just as workers pay their fair share of taxes on their earnings, so should successful businesses pay their fair share on their success.

But today corporate tax loopholes are so out of control that most Americans can rightfully complain, ‘I pay more federal income taxes than General Electric, Boeing, DuPont, Wells Fargo, Verizon, etc., etc., all put together.’ That’s an unacceptable situation.” And its one that lawmakers could fix, if they were willing to stand up to the nation’s biggest corporations.

Define "Fair Share".

Last edited:

Yeah, let's punish success! Great idea!

Define "Fair Share".
Something tells me it will closely resemble the definition of the word "profit." Just a wild guess. :eusa_whistle:

I see you've downloaded the Stupid app.
Seems to work well for you.

30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes In The Last Three Years, While Making $160 Billion

In fact, in the last three years, 78 corporations had at least one year where they paid no federal income tax at all, while 30 corporations paid not a dime over the entire three years. Those 30 corporations paid nothing, even though they made $160 billion in profits over that period:

Hmmmmmmmmm

Could this be the reason that so many middle class people get stuck with higher taxes?

Forum List

Back