30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote

It's a felony in North Carolina to fraudulently vote. Seriously, how many people do you really think would risk the consequences of being caught committing a felony all for the sake of casting one extra vote?

Would you? Do you know anyone who would?

Stop being such a raging left wing loon. You think that dead people are afraid of prison time? Of course not. That's why they can't be stopped unless we do something about this problem.

Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

“Mainly, what we’re concerned about is the potential [for fraud],” said project director Jay DeLancy. “Since there is no voter ID law in North Carolina, anybody can walk in and claim to be anyone else.”

Read more here: Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

You are worried about dead people coming to the polls and voting? :lol:
Registered to vote do not mean they can rise up and get to the polls and vote.:eusa_hand::confused:
Dead people don't walk. and you do have to show identification when you vote and you want us to believe there is a data base where one can get another persons id?

My mother is dead and I would not began to know now to take her ID to the polls and vote and think I could get away with it.
It's idiots like this that will blindly vote or Romney/Ryan.

I have the list of every registered voter in my precinct and how they voted in the last two primary elections. This is part of the public domain. All I have to do is match the names in the newspaper Obituary section and the names on my list and go to the polls and vote using their name. I can't do that in Georgia, but in North Carolina the poll worker has to take my word that I am who I say I am since a picture ID is not required.

I could print the name of 9 dead people that matched on a 9 pieces of paper, drive my 9 passenger van to the section 8 housing project and for 10 bucks apiece, take nine live folks to the polls to vote in the place of 9 dead folks in North Carolina. I could get the union to rent several dozen vans and have my fellow union members do the same thing.

I won't do this, but I have seen this happen in a past election before picture ID's were the law.

On edit: Thanks for making a case for picture ID in your post. I will bet you didn't mean to do that!

Last edited:
Wonder if you could go to any cemetary and find a bunch of dead people who were registered to vote?
Wtf does this prove. My dad is dead, he was registered to vote. rutro.

But then you are talking NC. Maybe the dead will rise again. Along with the south.

My wife passed away 18 years ago, and she's still getting called for jury duty.

Vote buying and election fraud has a long, storied history in American politics. I for one think it strange that my elected reps can and do sell their votes on the floor of Congress to the highest campaign donor but its a felony if I sell my vote.

Come on Mitt, make me an offer.

Registered to vote do not mean they can rise up and get to the polls and vote.:eusa_hand::confused:
Dead people don't walk. and you do have to show identification when you vote and you want us to believe there is a data base where one can get another persons id?

My mother is dead and I would not began to know now to take her ID to the polls and vote and think I could get away with it.

I have the list of every registered voter in my precinct and how they voted in the last two primary elections. This is part of the public domain. All I have to do is match the names in the newspaper Obituary section and the names on my list and go to the polls and vote using their name. I can't do that in Georgia, but in North Carolina the poll worker has to take my word that I am who I say I am since a picture ID is not required.

I could print the name of 9 dead people that matched on a 9 pieces of paper, drive my 9 passenger van to the section 8 housing project and for 10 bucks apiece, take nine live folks to the polls to vote in the place of 9 dead folks in North Carolina. I could get the union to rent several dozen vans and have my fellow union members do the same thing.

I won't do this, but I have seen this happen in a past election before picture ID's were the law.

On edit: Thanks for making a case for picture ID in your post. I will bet you didn't mean to do that!

So show a single case of a dead person voting in person. I agree that the states should purge dead people from the voter rolls, but they're not. They'd rather suppress in-person voting. And yes, in the last week the courts have found Texas, Florida, and Ohio to be doing nothing to protect the integrity of voting, only trying to suppress the turnout among the poor, the young, the disabled, and minorities.

Did Ann Coulter unregister herself from the Connecticut rolls yet?

Vote buying and election fraud has a long, storied history in American politics. I for one think it strange that my elected reps can and do sell their votes on the floor of Congress to the highest campaign donor but its a felony if I sell my vote.

The biggest risk this cycle is coming from the people who are dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into American politics. People like the Koch brothers have shown their disregard for human life and the well being of our Country. What extent would people like this go to make sure they got a return on investment?

I don't have a problem with requiring a photo id to vote. I do think the state should supply that Id for no cost to poor people who don't have a drivers license, in a timely manner.

I do think rethugs have tried very hard to surpress minority votes.

I do thank the courts for striking down at least part of what rethugs wanted.

The 'housing project'. LOLOL.

If this forum weren't so entertaining I could probably break this bad habit.

Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

“Mainly, what we’re concerned about is the potential [for fraud],” said project director Jay DeLancy. “Since there is no voter ID law in North Carolina, anybody can walk in and claim to be anyone else.”

Read more here: Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

What percentage of the 30,000 will vote for Obama?

BTW, North Carolina DOES have voter ID laws already, for registrants and 1st time voters.

They allow the following as ID:

VOTER REGISTRATION ID REQUIREMENTS
FIRST‐TIME VOTERS
Individuals who have registered
to vote and have not previously
voted in an election and have not
provided verifiable ID, must show
one of the following types of ID
to an election official the first
time they present to vote.
• Current and valid photo ID
• NC driver license or identification card
• U.S. Military ID
• U.S. Passport
• Other government‐issued photo ID
• Student photo ID
• Certified Naturalization Document
• Current document showing name and
address of the voter
• Utility bill: telephone; mobile phone;
electric or gas ; cable television; water
or sewage
• Bank statement or bank‐issued credit
card statement
• Government paycheck, invoice, letter,
or any other document from a local,
state, or U.S. government agency
• Property tax bill
• License to hunt, fish, own a gun, etc.
• Automotive registration
• Public housing or Social Service Agency
document
• Paycheck or paycheck stub from an
employer or a W‐2 statement
• Birth certificate

So I guess if the OP is so agitated by this non-issue, he should advocate for North Carolina to require every voter who shows up to bring at least one of the above.

Do you have a link that this is NC law? Here is mine from 2011.

2011: New voter ID laws passed in Kansas, Mississippi, Rhode Island and Wisconsin. Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas tightened existing voter ID laws to require photo ID (new laws in Texas and South Carolina are on hold pending USDOJ preclearance). Governors in Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire and North Carolina vetoed strict new photo ID laws in 2011.

http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/voter-id.aspx

on edit: North Carolina--HB 862, SB 352 and SB 595: all pending in committee in chamber of origin (all carried over from 2011)
Pennsylvania--HB 934: enacted

Last edited:

The biggest risk this cycle is coming from the people who are dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into American politics. People like the Koch brothers have shown their disregard for human life and the well being of our Country. What extent would people like this go to make sure they got a return on investment?

True. Lets not forget Adelson either (conservative gambling magnate)

Actually, it's easy for groups , such as ACORN, to be able to commit fraud and register dead people. The Board of Elections are not on top of updating voters who have passed and on voters who move out of a district.

After what the Supreme Court did with Bush/Gore, I no longer have a lot of faith in the integrity of our voting process at the national level. In a close race, there is to much "fudge factor" as shown by hanging chads and such. The ultra wealthy will use their money to do what ever it takes to win. They are not investing that much money to lose.

Already you can hear the cry from rethugs to change the electoral college process.

The rethugs will never accept that they lose and then try and move forward together.

It will take an overwhelming loss by the rethugs to make them realize just how fuked up most Americans think their warped ideas are.

Too Tall, isn't that a Repub guv in NC? And that guv vetoed the voter ID law? PLease say it is so.

It's a felony in North Carolina to fraudulently vote. Seriously, how many people do you really think would risk the consequences of being caught committing a felony all for the sake of casting one extra vote?

Would you? Do you know anyone who would?

I guess that would matter on Who was Running The Department of Justice, huh. ;)

Group and source considered.:badgrin::badgrin:

Next!:confused:

The 'housing project'. LOLOL.

If this forum weren't so entertaining I could probably break this bad habit.

I tried Starbucks, but no one there needed the 10 bucks. LMFAO.

Too Tall, isn't that a Repub guv in NC? And that guv vetoed the voter ID law? PLease say it is so.

Nope, Gov Beverly Perdue is a Democrat. Are you really dumb enough to think that the Democrats would hold their Convention in a state with a Republican governor?

Last edited:
First a alittle background on the OP's article, The Voter Intergrity Project which is the group behind this is a group led by Jay Delancy a Ret. Air Force Officer who attended a seminar given by a Texas based group called "True the Vote". This group is led by Catherine Englebrecht and was an outgrowth of the King Street Tea Party both groups non-partisan claims to the contrary. Also ..

Seventeen of 18 challenges to the status of Wake County voters were dismissed in a Board of Elections hearing Tuesday, prompting the challenger to walk out halfway through the meeting.
Wake Elections Board Dismisses Most Voter Challenges | Raleigh Public Record

Here's the point, if voter fraud were such an issue that would merit such things as allowing for the use of a "gun permit" as is the case in Texas and at the same time not allow a University of Texas student to use a state school ID then the issue is not voter fraud but more so a case of selective cherry picking. The data on over all voter fruad does not support the need for these laws espcially when you have a less than 1% instance of overall voter fraud and in some cases elected officals making comments that the reasoning behind such laws is elect a candidate for President such was the case in PA. Now having said all this, the need to identify a person at the polls I have little issue with provided that the ID and the process for getting that ID is Free and is uniform for the whole populatrion and not selective. For example, apply some common sense to this rather than partisan politics and then you might have both sides happy in this issue and actually accomplish something. A good example if this would be, when an individual actually registers to vote, the actual voter registration card in a particular state is the ID, now theres a thought, putting a picture on the device that has something to do with voting rather than say perhaps, a DL which many do not have or perhaps a gun license, etc. In short this issue is seems in my humble opinion more a solution looking for a problem rather than other way around and it would seem that given the current coditions of our nation this one would be way down on the list.

Forum List

Back