3 dozen lawmakers want proof of Obama eligibility

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
It's about time. This legislation should have been in place a long time ago.

Proposal would demand state officials independently verify information

Lawmakers in Arizona have proposed a law that would require state officials to begin independently verifying the accuracy of newly required documents affirming the constitutional eligibility of any candidate for the U.S. presidency.

"Certainly, there has been controversy over President Obama and his birth certificate, where he was born, etc.," state Sen. Sylvia Allen, R-Snowflake, told the Arizona Capitol Times. "It just makes sense and will stop any controversy in the future to just show you are a natural born citizen."

She is one of about three dozen lawmakers to sign on as co-sponsors.

The plan would accomplish essentially the same thing as that proposed by Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., on the federal level.

The provisions of Posey's H.R. 1503 are straightforward: "To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the principal campaign committee of a candidate for election to the office of President to include with the committee's statement of organization a copy of the candidate's birth certificate, together with such other documentation as may be necessary to establish that the candidate meets the qualifications for eligibility to the Office of President under the Constitution."

Damn! I wanted it to name names

Who are the 3 dozen birthers in our midst? Stand up and be counted

America wants to know

This sounds like a good plan for the future, qualifications should always be checked before hiring anyone for any job.

I thought that the issue of Obama's citizenship was settled when he released his birth certificate.

In the future it would be helpful as it would stop future controversy such as happened with Pres. Obama. That has been counter-productive, IMHO.

• Banned

America wants to know
Here are some: I know Nathan Deal from Georgia is one.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...ernor-asking-for-obamas-birth-certificate.php

Franks joins demand for eligibility proof

The sponsors' goal is to have the bill become effective for the 2012 presidential election. The legislation now is pending in a committee of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Other cosponsors are Reps. Kenny Marchant, R-Texas; Dan Burton, R-Ind.; Ted Poe, R-Texas; Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn.; John Campbell, R-Calif.; John R. Carter, R-Texas; John Culberson, R-Texas; Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.; and Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas.

Last edited:
3 dozen Arizona state legislators? Who cares?

More federal lawmakers than that wanted the last president impeached.

Again who cares.

Last edited:

Lawmakers in Arizona have proposed a law that would require state officials to begin independently verifying the accuracy of newly required documents affirming the constitutional eligibility of any candidate for the U.S. presidency.

"Certainly, there has been controversy over President Obama and his birth certificate, where he was born, etc.," state Sen. Sylvia Allen, R-Snowflake, told the Arizona Capitol Times. "It just makes sense and will stop any controversy in the future to just show you are a natural born citizen."

The plan would accomplish essentially the same thing as that proposed by Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., on the federal level.

The provisions of Posey's H.R. 1503 are straightforward: "To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the principal campaign committee of a candidate for election to the office of President to include with the committee's statement of organization a copy of the candidate's birth certificate, together with such other documentation as may be necessary to establish that the candidate meets the qualifications for eligibility to the Office of President under the Constitution."

After all...how could a person with a name like that and a face like that be a natural born citizen? I mean, c'mon!!!!!

You just said "fuck it" in trying to hide the fact you're a Birther huh? :eusa_eh:

i can't believe the loony left is against this. what are you afraid of? this isn't just about obama, this is a proposal to check ALL, not just obama. its like the voter id thing, why are dems so afraid of checking eligibility to vote and sit for office? obama stupidly kept the issue going by not simply providing a copy of the original. this bill would forever nix any birth issue.

how is that a bad thing?

America wants to know
Here are some: I know Nathan Deal from Georgia is one.
GOP Rep. Deal, Candidate For Georgia Governor, Asking For Obama's Birth Certificate | TPMDC

Franks joins demand for eligibility proof

The sponsors' goal is to have the bill become effective for the 2012 presidential election. The legislation now is pending in a committee of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Other cosponsors are Reps. Kenny Marchant, R-Texas; Dan Burton, R-Ind.; Ted Poe, R-Texas; Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn.; John Campbell, R-Calif.; John R. Carter, R-Texas; John Culberson, R-Texas; Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.; and Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas.

OK US Army Retired....

The question everyone wants to know? Do you believe President Obama was born in this country? Yes or No

After all...how could a person with a name like that and a face like that be a natural born citizen? I mean, c'mon!!!!!

Yep, it's really about him being a black Muslim. Can you ever make a legitimate argument and stop falling back on the staple diet of liberals... racism and a side order of anti-Muslim salad. Damn, that is pathetic.

:cuckoo:

i can't believe the loony left is against this. what are you afraid of? this isn't just about obama, this is a proposal to check ALL, not just obama. its like the voter id thing, why are dems so afraid of checking eligibility to vote and sit for office? obama stupidly kept the issue going by not simply providing a copy of the original. this bill would forever nix any birth issue.

how is that a bad thing?

The only one here being loony is you. What kind of information do you expect to get by over 200 million Americans that is so vital?

You just said "fuck it" in trying to hide the fact you're a Birther huh? :eusa_eh:

^ prime example a stupid, scared liberal....you are trying to turn this into a birther issue, but it is not. it is about any candidate....what are you afraid of? wouldn't it be nice to never have the birther issue again?

Yep, it's really about him being a black Muslim. Can you ever make a legitimate argument and stop falling back on the staple diet of liberals... racism and a side order of anti-Muslim salad. Damn, that is pathetic.

:cuckoo:

Oops! I forgot that to a certain group here, what is obvious sarcasm to most becomes straight up facts.

My bad.

how is that a bad thing?

The only one here being loony is you. What kind of information do you expect to get by over 200 million Americans that is so vital?

what are you talking about? why are so scared? why are you against a law that wants to check the eligiblility of ANY candidate for the POTUS? are you stupidly claiming that this law is going to require all 200 million people to show proof?

or are you talking about voter id...why are so scared of people showing id when voting?

^ prime example a stupid, scared liberal....you are trying to turn this into a birther issue, but it is not. it is about any candidate....what are you afraid of? wouldn't it be nice to never have the birther issue again?

Are you THAT obtuse? This is from World Net Daily, of course this is about Obama. If you are THAT fucking ignorant then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell your dumb ass.

And if you realized the context instead of talking out of your ass, you'd realize what I'm talking about. He made a couple of previous Birther threads but tried to not act like one.

Are you THAT obtuse? This is from World Net Daily, of course this is about Obama. If you are THAT fucking ignorant then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell your dumb ass.

And if you realized the context instead of talking out of your ass, you'd realize what I'm talking about. He made a couple of previous Birther threads but tried to not act like one.

you're more stupid than i thought. i said it is not only about obama, it is about never having to have the birther issue again. you're so scared....i wonder why. why are you against a law that will check the eligibility of potus candidates? i can't believe anybody is such a die hard partisan hack that they would be against this.

its a constitutional requirement, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having it independantly verified. just imagine, the whole birther issue for both MCCAIN and OBAMA....would have never surfaced last election....

open your eyes and stop being so stupidly partisan

what are you talking about? why are so scared? why are you against a law that wants to check the eligiblility of ANY candidate for the POTUS? are you stupidly claiming that this law is going to require all 200 million people to show proof?

I'm not scared. I'm simply saying that someone who is a legitimate candidate for the Presidency has not been found to be not legally qualified for the Presidency in our entire history. You have to be 35 and born here, it's not that hard francis.

Ironically enough, you want more Government.

Forum List

Back