240 Years of US Army Uniforms

Border line draft dodger Bill Clinton didn't do much for the Armed Services but apparently Bill and Hill decided that every Soldier should have the opportunity to look like a "Green Beret" even't if they couldn't qualify . The Clintons ordered the U.S. Army to create a Black Beret for all enlisted Soldiers and ironically contracted with China to supply the headgear. Apparently the headgear is uncomfortable and hot and the Army recently ordered the Berets to be optional in some circumstances. The Marines haven't altered their dress uniform significantly for a hundred years.

Border line draft dodger Bill Clinton didn't do much for the Armed Services but apparently Bill and Hill decided that every Soldier should have the opportunity to look like a "Green Beret" even't if they couldn't qualify . The Clintons ordered the U.S. Army to create a Black Beret for all enlisted Soldiers and ironically contracted with China to supply the headgear. Apparently the headgear is uncomfortable and hot and the Army recently ordered the Berets to be optional in some circumstances. The Marines haven't altered their dress uniform significantly for a hundred years.

The "Rangers" should have been able to keep the Black Beret, and general issue soldier should have kept their soft cap. I seen the beret as a recruiting effort. NOW I read in the news and in internet information, that the US Army wants to downsize to pre 9/11 strength.

Me, myself and "I" - I was in for about eleven years, and I favored the Woodland Green ( Pickle suit ) uniform with shined boots. It looked sharp...REALLY sharp. The current uniform needs to be a similar uniform, and with out the pajama appearance and Velcro. Maybe a two tone brown or tan uniform similar to the uniforms we wore in Desert Shield / Storm, ( Chocolate Chips ) with sew on patches. I guess the brown boots could stay, but again...I don't favor them either.

Use recruiting tools to increase personnel strength, then give them a big thanks for their service and loyalty by downsizing. That's the Govt.

I just found out a week or so ago, that since I have three years service with my current company ( My job was contracted out to a contractor about 5 years ago ) and I have now 10 days of vacation according to one of my four foreman. Well, with no email, documentation, notice in the mail, or written policy......it is possible as I was told by another foreman.....that six days of that vacation......is null and void, with no reason given. Instead of the 10 days paid vacation we are to receive....allegedly, we have been demoted to four days vacation.

When the current contracting company I work for, took over three years ago - we only got one week vacation...and the first week was not paid, it came out of my own pocket. The company, when they negotiated the contracting...in my opinion...did poor at negotiating as far as benefits, pay and pay raises.

WHAT COMPANY does not give at least two weeks vacation to new employees?
Could the contracting company have not negotiated the workers they contracted out......better benefits and pay when they contracted their jobs out? If they did not......WHY? ( hmmm )

For fifteen years ( 10 years with the "Company" / DOD contractor - two years contract company #1 - three years with current contract company #2 ) I get talked to like a dog, treated terrible, work places and inspections sabotaged, many-many hours of overtime, my dedicated work, my ability to show up to work...even when sick when other coworkers call off for no reason...or a stupid reason such as to be able to watch a ball / sports game -----> and I am cheated out of six days "PAID" vacation.........IF ONE OF MY FOREMAN did not inform me incorrectly. I have not spoken to the site manager yet, but am in hopes of receiving my WELL DESERVED 10 days paid vacation.

Simply put - cheating employees, OR service men and women, is morale decreasing event. I know what it is like to have to do my other coworkers jobs ( Example - sign in permits left in my vehicle when I come on duty...when the off going shift should have done it, Issue permits and do other duties that the off going shift should have, get in the ambulance with a patient....and having to spend 5 minutes with the cardiac monitor programming...... and IV start kits and drugs have been moved...OR IV Start KITS ARE totally missing...complaints I told my shift supervisor many times. )

The cardiac monitor is not supposed to be left in "LEAD 1"....with the magnification ( EKG SIZE ) extremely low.......and with the "12 lead" ability hard to acquire, or not able to beaquired. The cardiac monitor is supposed to be left in lead 2, ekg size is moderate to large and the pacing and ekg pads are readily accessible....instead of hidden, or stowed away. But someone....I believe, decides to play games with life saving equipment and cause confusion and mayhem with the Paramedic who uses the equipment next.......IF THE NEXT EMS CALL is not a preplanned, fabricated event.

Some individuals do not have to be in other peoples shoes.....and that makes them feel invincible !

Shadow 355

The "Rangers" should have been able to keep the Black Beret, and general issue soldier should have kept their soft cap. I seen the beret as a recruiting effort. NOW I read in the news and in internet information, that the US Army wants to downsize to pre 9/11 strength.

Me, myself and "I" - I was in for about eleven years, and I favored the Woodland Green ( Pickle suit ) uniform with shined boots. It looked sharp...REALLY sharp. The current uniform needs to be a similar uniform, and with out the pajama appearance and Velcro. Maybe a two tone brown or tan uniform similar to the uniforms we wore in Desert Shield / Storm, ( Chocolate Chips ) with sew on patches. I guess the brown boots could stay, but again...I don't favor them either.

Use recruiting tools to increase personnel strength, then give them a big thanks for their service and loyalty by downsizing. That's the Govt.

I just found out a week or so ago, that since I have three years service with my current company ( My job was contracted out to a contractor about 5 years ago ) and I have now 10 days of vacation according to one of my four foreman. Well, with no email, documentation, notice in the mail, or written policy......it is possible as I was told by another foreman.....that six days of that vacation......is null and void, with no reason given. Instead of the 10 days paid vacation we are to receive....allegedly, we have been demoted to four days vacation.

When the current contracting company I work for, took over three years ago - we only got one week vacation...and the first week was not paid, it came out of my own pocket. The company, when they negotiated the contracting...in my opinion...did poor at negotiating as far as benefits, pay and pay raises.

WHAT COMPANY does not give at least two weeks vacation to new employees?
Could the contracting company have not negotiated the workers they contracted out......better benefits and pay when they contracted their jobs out? If they did not......WHY? ( hmmm )

For fifteen years ( 10 years with the "Company" / DOD contractor - two years contract company #1 - three years with current contract company #2 ) I get talked to like a dog, treated terrible, work places and inspections sabotaged, many-many hours of overtime, my dedicated work, my ability to show up to work...even when sick when other coworkers call off for no reason...or a stupid reason such as to be able to watch a ball / sports game -----> and I am cheated out of six days "PAID" vacation.........IF ONE OF MY FOREMAN did not inform me incorrectly. I have not spoken to the site manager yet, but am in hopes of receiving my WELL DESERVED 10 days paid vacation.

Simply put - cheating employees, OR service men and women, is morale decreasing event. I know what it is like to have to do my other coworkers jobs ( Example - sign in permits left in my vehicle when I come on duty...when the off going shift should have done it, Issue permits and do other duties that the off going shift should have, get in the ambulance with a patient....and having to spend 5 minutes with the cardiac monitor programming...... and IV start kits and drugs have been moved...OR IV Start KITS ARE totally missing...complaints I told my shift supervisor many times. )

The cardiac monitor is not supposed to be left in "LEAD 1"....with the magnification ( EKG SIZE ) extremely low.......and with the "12 lead" ability hard to acquire, or not able to beaquired. The cardiac monitor is supposed to be left in lead 2, ekg size is moderate to large and the pacing and ekg pads are readily accessible....instead of hidden, or stowed away. But someone....I believe, decides to play games with life saving equipment and cause confusion and mayhem with the Paramedic who uses the equipment next.......IF THE NEXT EMS CALL is not a preplanned, fabricated event.

Some individuals do not have to be in other peoples shoes.....and that makes them feel invincible !

Shadow 355
You date yourself with "shined boots". The truth of the matter is that the federal government and maybe the Military services continually underestimate the intelligence of America draft age kids. Does anybody in their right mind think that a kid joins the Army because Berets look cool? Marines never adopted (thank God) the beret uniform and they still enjoy positive recruitment. Heads bowed for the four Marines murdered by the insane Muslem shooter.

Forum List

Back