23 people were executed in the United States in 2017, the lowest number in 25 years

The US is slowly moving away from capital punishment. It is long overdue. Most of the civilized world is appalled by it

The majority of our states have either banned it or no longer use it. With the exception of the Bible Belt who insist on "eye for an eye" justice, Capital Punishment is extinct

With the exception of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and Virginia and a few others.....most states have rarely executed since 1976

death_penalty_map-01.0.png

Here in California, there are more than 700 people on Death Row.

Although California is a very liberal state, the people have voted to keep capital punishment.

But influential activists have been successful in delaying any executions for a long time.

It seems that the liquid used to end a prisoner's life might cause the prisoner pain.

The US is slowly moving away from capital punishment. It is long overdue. Most of the civilized world is appalled by it

The majority of our states have either banned it or no longer use it. With the exception of the Bible Belt who insist on "eye for an eye" justice, Capital Punishment is extinct

Lol you are an extremist on killing babies, but killing monsters who don’t deserve to love you are against. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Although California is a very liberal state, the people have voted to keep capital punishment.

But influential activists have been successful in delaying any executions for a long time.

It seems that the liquid used to end a prisoner's life might cause the prisoner pain.

Yea CA SJ dumbass prolong the process to the point it cost 100 fold less to just keep the animal in jail for life. But then they have jail over-crowding issues and they keep the worst animals locked up and release lesser animals back onto the streets early.

I don't think California has executed anyone in twelve years

With 700 people on "death row" it seems they have abandoned it

Lol you are an extremist on killing babies, but killing monsters who don’t deserve to love you are against. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Abortion has been legal for over 40 years. A woman has never been prosecuted for getting an abortion. It has nothing to do with the death penalty

Life in prison with no chance of parole is far worse punishment than execution.

Until people get sick of the assholes getting 3 hots and a cot, or begging for parole when in their 80's.

For States with people that still expect it as part of justice, they may decide to take justice in their own hands.

Here is my trade for no capital punishment. replace the Death penalty with having to break up a rock, 8 hours a day. then when broken you have to put it back together with crazy glue. when done, you get a new rock.

No work on rock, no food.

50-80 years of that would satisfy me enough to get rid of the death penalty. 50-80 years of 3 hots and a cot for someone who probably doesn't mind it doesn't work for some crimes.

Forum List

Back