21 US cities restrict sharing food with homeless people

I didn't realize that Houston and Salt Lake City were liberal towns.

Houston has a Lesbian Mayor, VERY conservative.
Republicans, the church & the Pope are all openly embracing gays now. You need to crawl up out of your mothers basement once in a while, go to church & talk with the parishioners on the steps afterwards.

Why are the hungriest states so red?

1. Mississippi 25.1 percent of people in Mississippi reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

2. West Virginia (Tie) 23 percent of people in West Virginia reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

3. Louisiana (Tie) 23 percent of people in Louisiana reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

4. Alabama 22.9 percent of people in Alabama reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

5. Arkansas 22.5 percent of people in Arkansas reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

6. North Carolina 22.2 percent of people in North Carolina reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

7. Kentucky 21.8 percent of people in Kentucky reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

8. Georgia 21.5 percent of people in Georgia reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

9. Oklahoma 21.2 percent of people in Oklahoma reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that they could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

10. Arizona 21.1 percent of people in Arizona reported that there was at least one time in the past 12 months that it could not afford food, according to a 2013 Gallup report.

21 U.S. Cities Outlawed Feeding The Hungry Due To Myths About Homelessness Report

I didn't realize that Houston and Salt Lake City were liberal towns.

Just the simple fact that there are at least four stalwart liberal cities on that chart with restrictions currently in place should make any American question the meaning of contemporary liberalism.

Well, any smart American, that is.

You're not among our ranks. :badgrin:

Appendix C: Index of Cities Cited
alabama
• Birmingham- p. 21
arizona
• Phoenix- p. 17
California
• Chico - p. 10
• Costa Mesa - p. 9
• Hayward- p. 12
• Los Angeles - p. 17
• Malibu- p. 16
• Ocean Beach - p. 17
• Pasadena - p. 15
• Santa Monica - p. 21
• Sacramento- p. 8
• Ventura - p. 17
florida
• Daytona Beach - p. 13
• Fort Lauderdale - p. 8
• Lake Worth - p. 11
• Melbourne- p. 16
• Miami - p. 21
• St. Augustine - p. 21
• St. Petersburg - p. 19
Indiana
• Lafayette - p. 18
Missouri
• Kansas City - p. 19
• St. Louis - p. 15
• Springfield - p. 14
North Carolina
• Charlotte - p. 18
• Raleigh - p. 12
New Hampshire • Manchester- p. 10
New mexico • Albuquerque - p. 20
Nevada
• Las Vegas - p. 13
Oklahoma
• Shawnee- p. 9
Oregon
• Medford- p. 11
Pennsylvania
• Harrisburg - p. 18
• Philadelphia - p. 19
South Carolina
• Columbia - p. 11
• Myrtle Beach - p. 14
Texas
• Corpus Christi - p. 16
• Dallas - p. 20
• Houston - p. 9
Utah
• Salt Lake City - p. 14
Washington
• Olympia- p. 10
• Seattle- p. 18

This hardly looks like a liberal effort.

Really? Because the vast majority of those places are controlled by Democrats with many of those cities having no representation from any other party at all.

That's actually answered rather easily. Most of them are home to larger populations of minorities and illegal immigrants who are generally at the lower end of the economic scale.

That's actually answered rather easily. Most of them are home to larger populations of minorities and illegal immigrants who are generally at the lower end of the economic scale.

And I'm not responsible for your ignorance.

Clay county, one of the poorest counties in Kentucky is 93% white.

According to Wikipedia

The racial makeup of the county was 93.92% White, 4.80% Black or African American, 0.21% Native American, 0.12% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.23% from other races, and 0.71% from two or more races. 1.36% of the population were Hispanics or Latinos of any race.

The median income for a household was $16.271 and they are solidly Republican.

In July 2010 the Washington Post named Clay County the unhealthiest county in Kentucky, and one of the unhealthiest in the nation, The county has a high obesity rate.

Poorest county in Oklahoma

64.4% were White, 19.7% Native American, 8.3% Black or African American, 0.2% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.8% of some other race and 6.5% of two or more races. 2.9% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race).

Wikipedia

And I'm not responsible for your ignorance.

Clay county, one of the poorest counties in Kentucky is 93% white.

Ignorance and Dont Taz Me Bro in the same sentence is an oxymoron. If you read my comments again you'll notice I said most, not all.

The poorest county in West Virginia

The racial makeup of the county was 92.18% White,

Again, I said most, not all. West Virginia has been a poor state for a long time due to economic issues and it isn't a "red" state. It's swing to Republicans in presidential races just began in 2000 and the Democrats still control the state government and have since the Great Depression.

I hear if you sell muffin tops and try to give the stumps to the homeless that they will complain

Decades ago, when I was just a young new NCO assigned to mess duty, I almost faced courts-martial because I had the gall to take the food we were going to throw out and attempt to feed the homeless folks camped out in town. Nanny statism is not new, nor is it confined to a single political party.

So I want to feed the homeless...

I go to the dollar store and buy one year expired peanut butter. I scrape the green stuff off the top
I get some moldy bread and scrape the mold off

I make sandwiches in my greasy kitchen and brush away the rat droppings on the counter

Who cares? They are homeless
They should be grateful for any food they receive

So I want to feed the homeless...

I go to the dollar store and buy one year expired peanut butter. I scrape the green stuff off the top
I get some moldy bread and scrape the mold off

I make sandwiches in my greasy kitchen and brush away the rat droppings on the counter

Who cares? They are homeless
They should be grateful for any food they receive

Uh...as I found out many moons ago, one being homeless does not necessarily mean they are starving.

The poorest county in West Virginia

The racial makeup of the county was 92.18% White,

Again, I said most, not all. West Virginia has been a poor state for a long time due to economic issues and it isn't a "red" state. It's swing to Republicans in presidential races just began in 2000 and the Democrats still control the state government and have since the Great Depression.

Most my ass! How about Oklahoma City. Why don't you tell us how liberal they are.

smh...

The phrase "sharing food" sounds more like political double-speak rather than a legal statute. As a matter of fact obesity in the so-called poverty class is more of a public health problem than starvation. It wasn't always the case though. People in the South starved when an alcoholic Union general ordered his troops to rape and pillage and steal from innocent civilians. People starved when a demented crippled president who was probably the victim of one too many strokes turned a recession into a man-killing, soup line, bodies in ditches depression. Today there are so many state and local safeguards that nobody starves unless they are completely depraved or they choose to do so.

Forum List

Back