2019 National Defense Authorization

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Sent to the president for his signature 1 Aug. If you want to read all 700+ pages, it can be downloaded as a PDF @ Text of H.R. 5515: John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 (Passed Congress version) - GovTrack.us

A summary of the bill is @ Summary of H.R. 5515: John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 - GovTrack.us

There’s some really interesting stuff in the summary.

2.6% pay raise for the troops

The proposal ensures no military medical treatment facility will be closed or downgraded until all facilities are transitioned to the Defense Health Agency, and directs the Department of Defense to improve the process for reporting crimes to the FBI database, require DoD schools to improve tracking of juvenile misconduct, and refine sexual assault prevention and response to better assist victims.

Increased training

Aviation readiness

Repairing equipment

Readiness at sea

Building a modern force

Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance

Rebuilding Infrastructure

[this is a great one!] Reforming Bureaucracy - The bill creates a new DOD Chief Management Officer charged with finding efficiencies and reducing by 25% the budget of certain Department-wide activities including logistics, human resources, services contracting, and real property management by 2021.

And much more.

Trump to sign $716 billion defense policy bill at Fort Drum

image.jpg

It drives the Left nuts but he always manages to make a positive photo op of just about everything he does. But, it seems he was invited.

U.S. Rep. Elise M. Stefanik wrote Trump a letter in March inviting him to Fort Drum. She released a statement Tuesday afternoon when the visit was confirmed.

"I am honored that President Trump has accepted my invitation to visit Fort Drum and the brave men and women of the 10th Mountain Division on Monday," Stefanik said. "I am honored that the president will sign the historic National Defense Authorization Act in our district at Fort Drum. I am proud of the partnership with this administration to begin rebuilding our military and the president's visit is an important opportunity to highlight this achievement and to thank our men and women in uniform for their service."

More @ Trump to sign $716 billion defense policy bill at Fort Drum

Forum List

Back