2017 Movies Look Pretty Good

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
The order of the movies I want to see:
1. War of the Planet of the Apes: I was a huge fan of the original POA and this reboot has been spectacular

2. Spiderman - Great intro in CA3. Great casting and great villain

3. Guardians of Galaxy 2: The first was a pleasant surprise. The actors have great chemistry. Looks good.

4. Thor Ragnorak: I didn't like the 1st 2. I thought they were the worst of the MCU. But something about a Hulk and Thor space adventure sounds awesome.

5. Logan: Jackman's last run at Wolverine. While some of the movies have been bad, he was an awesome Wolverine. It is a 50/50 shot it will be good, since that is the ratio of good to bad XMen movies

6. Star Wars VIII: I loved Rogue One, but I thought VII was so so. It was basically a rehashing of the original trilogy.

7. Dark Tower: Great book, bud Stephen King movies have a pretty poor track record (with a handful of successes). Sounds good and great actor selection.

8. Dunkirk: Trailors look great, but I am not the biggest fan of watching losing battles (aka Pearl Harbor)

9. Blade Runner 2049: Loved the first one, but this seems forced. I am hesitant too get excited

10. Beauty and the Beast: Most live action Disney movies have sucked, but I loved the cartoon and story.

11. Alien Covenant: I loved Alien and Aliens and I am one of the few that really enjoyed Aliens vs Predator. However, Aliens 3 & 4 sucked and Prometheus was just garbage. Still looking forward to the classic movie monster.

12. King Arthur: Was a Big Fan of SOA and I like the King Arthur Legend

13. IT: The original was awesome. I have a fear they will Hollywood it up to much and ruin it.

14. Justice League: BvS was horrible. No redeeming value. Suicide Squad was worse. I think Afleck is a horrible Batman and I very skeptical the DCEU can produce anything good.

15. Wonder Wonder: I like the actress, but the movie looks horrible from the traitors. A WW I background seems completely wrong for her. I think this will be another DCEU let down!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Only one I might go to the theater to see is Guardians of the Galaxy.

(and I like Suicide Squad) 8)-

The rest?

TV fodder

Be an interesting poll...

Who was the best Superman?

Kirk Alyn
George Reeves
Christopher Reeve
Tom Welling
Dean Cain
Brandon Routh
Henry Cavill

Kirk Alyn
George Reeves
Christopher Reeve
Tom Welling
Dean Cain
Brandon Routh
Henry Cavill

Easily Christopher Reeves even if Superman I and II are dated now. Not to mention III and IV were so bad.

I liked Man of Steel and thought it was a very underrated movie. No other Superman can compare to it. However, Cavill is not that great of an actor!

1. War of the Planet of the Apes: I was a huge fan of the original POA and this reboot has been spectacular

3. Guardians of Galaxy 2: The first was a pleasant surprise. The actors have great chemistry. Looks good.

4. Thor Ragnorak: I didn't like the 1st 2. I thought they were the worst of the MCU. But something about a Hulk and Thor space adventure sounds awesome.

5. Logan: Jackman's last run at Wolverine. While some of the movies have been bad, he was an awesome Wolverine. It is a 50/50 shot it will be good, since that is the ratio of good to bad XMen movies

6. Star Wars VIII: I loved Rogue One, but I thought VII was so so. It was basically a rehashing of the original trilogy.

7. Dark Tower: Great book, bud Stephen King movies have a pretty poor track record (with a handful of successes). Sounds good and great actor selection.

8. Dunkirk: Trailors look great, but I am not the biggest fan of watching losing battles (aka Pearl Harbor)

9. Blade Runner 2049: Loved the first one, but this seems forced. I am hesitant too get excited

10. Beauty and the Beast: Most live action Disney movies have sucked, but I loved the cartoon and story.

11. Alien Covenant: I loved Alien and Aliens and I am one of the few that really enjoyed Aliens vs Predator. However, Aliens 3 & 4 sucked and Prometheus was just garbage. Still looking forward to the classic movie monster.

13. IT: The original was awesome. I have a fear they will Hollywood it up to much and ruin it.

14. Justice League: BvS was horrible. No redeeming value. Suicide Squad was worse. I think Afleck is a horrible Batman and I very skeptical the DCEU can produce anything good.

15. Wonder Wonder: I like the actress, but the movie looks horrible from the traitors. A WW I background seems completely wrong for her. I think this will be another DCEU let down!

You forgot Boston Strong.

That one and Blade Runner interest me.

Kirk Alyn
George Reeves
Christopher Reeve
Tom Welling
Dean Cain
Brandon Routh
Henry Cavill

Easily Christopher Reeves even if Superman I and II are dated now. Not to mention III and IV were so bad.

I liked Man of Steel and thought it was a very underrated movie. No other Superman can compare to it. However, Cavill is not that great of an actor!

I like superman and I like Richard Pryor, but whoever decided to make a Superman movie into a hybrid Richard Pryor comedy was an idiot.

436488-superheroes-superman-iii-wallpaper.jpg

You forgot Boston Strong.

That one and Blade Runner interest me.

Can't hit them all. Watching historical terrorist attacks are hard for me. I still haven't watched any of the 9-11 movies

I sure hope the new Blade Runner is good, since the 1st is a classic!

The Stand: A Female Version

The upcoming suspense-thriller Unforgettable (starring Katherine Heigl and Rosario Dawson) presents the story of an ex-wife (Tessa - Heigl) stalking her ex-husband's new emotionally complex wife (Julia - Dawson) and what develops is something like a 'domestic metaphysics' stand (reminiscent of the Stephen King novel), which is why I think this Tessa-Julia standoff is like a Cobra Commander vs. Snake-Eyes fight (from G.I. Joe comics).

This is the film best-veiled to help us forget about the countless comic book adapted films being made in Hollywood...just in 2017! But it's not so bad...

====

TESSA (Cobra Commander): I'll win him back, bitch!
JULIA (Snake-Eyes): You'll have to kill me.
TESSA: I can do that...
JULIA: Sure.
TESSA: You think I'm psycho?
JULIA: I think you're 'jaded' at least.
TESSA: What, you perfect?
JULIA: I'm perfectly patient.
TESSA: That's a lie.
JULIA: I have a great alarm-system.
TESSA: I'll 'hack' into it.
JULIA: With that knife?
TESSA: Why not?
JULIA: Yea, this means you're trying to win the heart of a 'bloody lover'!

====

Unforgettable (Movie Website)

sn-cc.jpg

Forum List

Back