2016 GOP Debate Solutions

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Having 20 plus people on stage is ridiculous.

I think they should take the average of the Real Clear Politics Polls and take the top 6 in the polling (as long as all 6 are over 4%). Then have a vote an online vote at the GOP National Convention website. People vote for the last 2 candidate they want to attend.

After the 3rd debate drop the number down to 6.

For the Feb 26 and March debates. Only candidates that have won or come in second at a caucus or primary many attend.

Great idea! I'll vote for Rick Santorum and get all my friends to do the same at the GOP website.

Santorum already knows smart people will never be on his side. That could be why he doesn't like universities.

Having 20 plus people on stage is ridiculous.

I think they should take the average of the Real Clear Politics Polls and take the top 6 in the polling (as long as all 6 are over 4%). Then have a vote an online vote at the GOP National Convention website. People vote for the last 2 candidate they want to attend.

After the 3rd debate drop the number down to 6.

For the Feb 26 and March debates. Only candidates that have won or come in second at a caucus or primary many attend.

The GOP Chairperson Princess Freebus has painted herself into a corner on this thing..one of basically two duties she has as queenpin of the GOP.

As for what to do about it, I think you have to go multi-platform on the debates. Start out with the coverage on Fox but once the hour is over, put up an advisory that the debate will continue on The Blaze or CSPAN or whichever network wants to carry it. ESPN does it all the time with sporting events; starting an event on one of their platforms and moving it to another property. .

The stakes couldn't be higher for the GOP. Cruz, if he is dismissed, may start a 3rd party insurgency. Any 3rd party candidacy guaranteed a Clinton/democratic win. When you start tying participation to a % of vote and coming in 1st or 2nd, you get on thin ice since Super Tuesday is on March 1 and about a quarter of the delegates will be decided on that one day.

One saving grace is that the Florida and Texas primaries are pretty close to one another. For anyone to have a real shot, they have to do well in those states in mid and Super Tuesday respectively. So Cruz may see the writing on the wall if he loses Texas. Not sure what Rand Paul would do.

I heard Michael Steele on the radio and he talked about a 2 day platform. 10 candidates per night and they draw straws on which night they go.

He did make a good point about guys that were doing well in the polls (like Santorum and Huckabee) that got backing and gained momentum because of the debates.

I heard Michael Steele on the radio and he talked about a 2 day platform. 10 candidates per night and they draw straws on which night they go.

He did make a good point about guys that were doing well in the polls (like Santorum and Huckabee) that got backing and gained momentum because of the debates.

The public interest will wane if you do that often.

Let me ask you this; do you think 10 candidates on one stage is too many? I do.

Forum List

Back