2014 was hottest year on record- When will GOP get it?

2 decades, no warming

But add in Mann's tree rings and the "Warming" on the ocean 700m deep and presto!

In any event, where's the lab work showing that the 2PPM of CO2 we added last year is responsible for the 2014 warming?

Another false comment

Nine of the 10 warmest years since 1880 have all occurred in the 21st century, with 1998 now ranked as the fourth warmest year on record, the experts said.
2014 the hottest year since records began climate experts confirm - Climate Change - Environment - The Independent

Just can't accept the truth...

2 decades, no warming

But add in Mann's tree rings and the "Warming" on the ocean 700m deep and presto!

In any event, where's the lab work showing that the 2PPM of CO2 we added last year is responsible for the 2014 warming?

Another false comment

Nine of the 10 warmest years since 1880 have all occurred in the 21st century, with 1998 now ranked as the fourth warmest year on record, the experts said.
2014 the hottest year since records began climate experts confirm - Climate Change - Environment - The Independent

Just can't accept the truth...

article-2217286-157E3ADF000005DC-561_644x358.jpg

2 decades, no warming

Hottest year???????????

In the Midwest we had the coldest November in decades!

November 2014 Shattered Cold and Snow Records For Some
http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/november-2014-cold-snow-records-us

And if people will remember, last winter was a HARD ONE!

Winter 2014 set to be 'coldest for century' Britain faces ARCTIC FREEZE in just weeks
Winter 2014 to be COLDEST of century UK faces arctic weather freeze in November Nature News Daily Express

Hottest ever, my foot.

You are smoking something!

Another guy who shows he hasn't a clue about climate change....

You know by posting this you have just confirmed your ignorance on the subject

Countering a statement on climate with a rebuttal about weather is not very convincing.

If you have some good, peer-reviewed science, I'd LOVE to look at it.

OMG that is such a BS argument. Whose climate has changed? And if you are able to name any tell us what in their climate changed.

Those would be the people at NASA and US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Are you saying you know more than them?

My personal opinion is that we need an effort - a public-private partnership kinda like NASA and the moon landing project. We didn't have the technology to do THAT when we committed to it.

How would you like to be the company that invents the technology that allows coal to be burnt without the emission problems? How much would China pay for that equipment? Jobs here. Exports. Win win.

Fuel cells. We should OWN the world markets for technology in the fields of all sorts of energy sources of the future.
Instead we learned to waste billions of gallons of fresh water on fracking.

The world will have to look like the set of "Waterworld" before the GOP will believe. Then they'll blame it all on Obama.
And your mom told you to say that?
Belive what? that people like yourself repeat the stupidest shit ever?
Nope, mom passed away in '66. Believe what? Climate change, you know - what the thread is all about.

Hey, Obama came out in favor of oxygen. Time for you to hold your breath.

My personal opinion is that we need an effort - a public-private partnership kinda like NASA and the moon landing project. We didn't have the technology to do THAT when we committed to it.

How would you like to be the company that invents the technology that allows coal to be burnt without the emission problems? How much would China pay for that equipment? Jobs here. Exports. Win win.

Fuel cells. We should OWN the world markets for technology in the fields of all sorts of energy sources of the future.

I agree that we should be the absolute leader in energy technology and yeah, just think what an economic boost that would be!!!!!

NASA produced so much spinoff economic growth it's UNBELIEABLE.

We could increase that economic benefit by 1000 times with real significant energy breakthroughs.

NASA produced so much spinoff economic growth it's UNBELIEABLE.

We could increase that economic benefit by 1000 times with real significant energy breakthroughs.

Exactly correct. And it was a joint venture with bad bad government and industry and technology companies. I mean how many private spin off companies came from the governments spending on that project alone.

But we know now that government doesn't create jobs, so we can't do efforts like that anymore.

At least that's what the Republicans say.

Beside that, an alternative energy effort, when successful, would necessarily take away from the oil business. And we sure know that Republicans couldn't very well support taking business AWAY from oil companies.

So all those jobs and all those exports and all that money will be in some other country one day. And the Dems will get blamed for letting that happen.

Scientists balk at ‘hottest year’ claims: Ignores Satellites showing 18 Year ‘Pause’ – ‘We are arguing over the significance of hundredths of a degree’ – The ‘Pause’ continues

Climate Depot's Marc Morano: 'Claiming 2014 is the 'hottest year' on record based on hundredths of a degree temperature difference is a fancy way of saying the global warming 'pause' is continuing.'

Astrophysicist Dr. Dr David Whitehouse: 'The NASA press release is highly misleading...talk of a record is scientifically and statistically meaningless.'

Seems to me that the US is doing its part:

USCO2EmissionsTimeSeries.png

More government control inevitably leads to the loss of rights, be it property rights as in New York where the Governor has banned Fracking, or other rights.

If what you do on your property has an adverse affect on your neighbor (and on HIS property rights) then we have to find a balance between the rights of both.

Yes, I know the claim was about Fracking's risk to the water bearing strata as well as surface water, but its an open fact that the the real opposition is based on AGW. You can do fracking in such a way as to mitigate the other issues, but AGW idiots don't want to hear it. So basically a NYC politician basically told upstate landowners to basically go fuck themselves.

You are asking people to make assumptions here based on no evidence but your opinion. I find that often when posters say things like "common knowledge" and "open fact" is really means "accept what I am saying without any supporting documentation. Maybe you are convinced and you get to pick and choose what evidence you use to reach your conclusions. Others are free to use different criteria if THEY choose.

But whatever motivations you attribute to whoever - the fact remains that sometimes rights collide - often when that happens the people we have elected have to weigh the competing interests and make a call. If they make that decision based on the best information available, then that's about the best we can hope for.

So basically roll over, and let government fuck you up the ass.

Great.

Not the approach I would suggest.
I haven't trusted the U.S. government to "get it right" for quite some time now.

I do think folks need to educate themselves with the best information available and then hold our governments feet to the fire to make the best decisions on our behalf. I do NOT believe that includes artificially jacking up energy costs on people who are already struggling, just to try to make it more expensive so they will use less.

My personal opinion is that we need an effort - a public-private partnership kinda like NASA and the moon landing project. We didn't have the technology to do THAT when we committed to it. In that same vein, I think we need to commit to a huge private-public partnership on energy and energy technology. I think that's our best bet to come up with a sustainable and affordable energy future.

And all the hyper-partisan rhetoric and lies from BOTH sides is not going to help make that happen. It is going to make it damn near impossible. So if this information IS correct, buy a snorkle.

The problem, both sides of the debate believe what they are saying thus they are not lying. On the other hand they believe that the other side is the ones doing the lying. How you change that paradigm is anyone's guess.

I wonder if they are as worried in China considering I don't think they have really cut back their emissions.

I don't think that a few degrees warmer is a problem, maybe for a low lying Island.

Think of the energy savings if the north east of the US is two degrees warmer in the winter. Think about how much less pollution there will be.

How about an increased growing season, would that not be a plus?

The problem is one side believes a lot of ignorant bs provided by greedy pollutin' billionaires and oil men. Check how much the Kochs plow into that misleading propaganda...

The "record" is only about 150 years. Which is an insignificant amount of time for observing long term geological trends. Thus, the past 14 years is even more insignificant.

If you used the past two minutes of a middle aged man's life as indicative of the trends in his health, and used the past 14 seconds as if they told something meaningful about his health, any sane person would laugh at you.

Are you saying we can't do both? Are you sure we are not trying to do both?

One thing that Climategate I & II taught us is that you can't trust any analysis by the AGW scam artist because they have a proven record of fabricating data.

OK, then show me the good, peer-reviewed science that contradicts it.

I'd LOVE to see it.

(btw - political pundits are NOT scientists. They don't count)

Forum List

Back