CDZ 2014 Mid-Term Election returns thread

The fact is the Obama agenda is screwing up the country and the people have said they don't want any part of it. Remember, "elections have consequences". Funny how you hyper partisan people seem to think you're immune.

They definitely do have consequences. The Republican voters decided today to inflict massive economic consequences on all of us. Whether they did it to make some kind of statement or just because they don't know any better, I don't care. That pretty much seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me.

That's 14.4T to 15.0T , a touch over 4% in 2 years.
And the rest of his recovery has been weak as well.

No, it is 14,419b to 15,518b.

The whole "weak recovery" meme is kind of strange. Most importantly, because a weak recovery is much better than a rapid collapse. Also because we've actually posted pretty strong economic numbers during Obama's presidency. The origin of the meme was actually "the weakest recovery from a recession this big." But that's just a trick- there is only one other recession this big- the Great Depression. And, yes, this recovery has been slower than that one. In that one, we had FDR and an overwhelmingly Democratic legislature pushing extremely liberal policy while this time we've had a moderate Obama facing massive obstruction from the legislature. So what is the lesson to draw from that?

Use chained dollars, dipshit.

Also because we've actually posted pretty strong economic numbers during Obama's presidency.

Is that why the Dems are about to lose 8-9 seats in the Senate? LOL!

Sen. Cruz is already talking about repealing Obamacare. Again.

Elections have consequences.

Where have I heard that before?

You have a valid point. But repeal will be impossible. Presidential veto power.

Veto's can be over ridden.

With 67 votes in the US Senate. Ain't gonna happen.

That's what I would have said about this election too. Before the Dems got slaughtered like this. In other words, there are quite a few Dems who don't like the ACA and this will give them the cover to vote to repeal it.

"Republicans handed a major defeat to President Obama and Senate Democrats on Tuesday night when they seized control of the Senate by flipping at least seven seats from the Democratic to the GOP column.

Based on an analysis of exit polls and the vote, ABC News has projected Republicans will pick up seven seats in Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Montana, North Carolina, South Dakota and West Virginia.

Three incumbent Democratic senators have lost their seats -- Sens. Kay Hagan, R-N.C., Mark Pryor, D-Ark., Mark Udall, D-Colo. Pryor and Udall each lost to two current young members of the House of Representatives -- 37-year-old Rep. Tom Cotton in Arkansas and 40-year-old Cory Gardner in Colorado."

Senate Elections 2014 Republicans Seize Control of the Senate - ABC News

The people have spoken.

The fact is the Obama agenda is screwing up the country and the people have said they don't want any part of it. Remember, "elections have consequences". Funny how you hyper partisan people seem to think you're immune.

They definitely do have consequences. The Republican voters decided today to inflict massive economic consequences on all of us. Whether they did it to make some kind of statement or just because they don't know any better, I don't care. That pretty much seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me.

Speculative partisanship in the CDZ.

Brownback wins Kansas. At least a dozens folks on this board said Brownback will lose and his loss would be a repudiation of GOP policies.

I guess they'll all have to rethink that. :D

Sen. Cruz is already talking about repealing Obamacare. Again.

That's what I would have said about this election too. Before the Dems got slaughtered like this. In other words, there are quite a few Dems who don't like the ACA and this will give them the cover to vote to repeal it.

Losing a mid-term election does not mean that you got "slaughtered".

The margins, and the end totals look like kid's play compared the shifts in congress we used to see in the 1920s and 1930s.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Obama did more damage to our economy in 6 years than all the Bushes and Reagans did in 30 years. You're one delusional individual.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Obama did more damage to our economy in 6 years than all the Bushes and Reagans did in 30 years. You're one delusional individual.

Median family income in America has dropped faster under Obama than any President is U.S. History.

That is Obama's legacy.

Median family income in America has dropped faster under Obama than any President is U.S. History.

That is Obama's legacy.

Not the topic of this thread, but could an excellent thread on its own.

Flashback in history: at this very moment four years ago, CNN called Virginia for Pres. Obama, bringing him to 303 EV. 19 minutes later, Mitt Romney gave his concession speech.

Virginia has still not been called in the Senatorial this time around. Some really interesting developments tonight, fun to watch.

Losing a mid-term election does not mean that you got "slaughtered".

The margins, and the end totals look like kid's play compared the shifts in congress we used to see in the 1920s and 1930s.

This is the Modern Era. Kind of like how baseball players from the Golden Age would be crushed by the modern players, or how a good chess master these days would wipe the floor with Capablanca one of the greatest Chess masters of his time.

That is Obama's legacy.

Not the topic of this thread, but could an excellent thread on its own.

But it is. It is one of the reasons for this slaughter. The people have been suffering while Obama and his sycophants have been whistling to the bank.

Forum List

Back