2012 GOP Candidates Views are "Off the International Spectrum of Sane Behavior"

merrill

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
MIT Professor Emeritus Noam Chomsky discusses the position of the Republican presidential candidates on issues such as climate change and calls them "utterly outlandish."

"I’m not a great enthusiast for Obama, as you know, from way back, but at least he’s somewhere in the real world," Chomsky says. "Perry, who’s very likely … to win the primary and win the nomination, and maybe to win the election, he’s often in outer space."

Noam Chomsky: 2012 GOP Candidates Views are "Off the International Spectrum of Sane Behavior"

MIT Professor Emeritus Noam Chomsky discusses the position of the Republican presidential candidates on issues such as climate change and calls them "utterly outlandish."

"I’m not a great enthusiast for Obama, as you know, from way back, but at least he’s somewhere in the real world," Chomsky says. "Perry, who’s very likely … to win the primary and win the nomination, and maybe to win the election, he’s often in outer space."

Noam Chomsky: 2012 GOP Candidates Views are "Off the International Spectrum of Sane Behavior"

Clearly, this is a master of "understatement".

Some repubs are pushing marriage as a means to prevent children living in poverty.

face it the GOP candidates are not revealing how they would make things better. They are simply saying they will. Meanwhile they are pissing and moaning about Obama making recess appointments. Where have these idiots been...living in a cave?

Recess appoints have been part of government for as long as I can remember. The GOP candidates are not talking substance.

face it the GOP candidates are not revealing how they would make things better. They are simply saying they will. Meanwhile they are pissing and moaning about Obama making recess appointments. Where have these idiots been...living in a cave?

Recess appoints have been part of government for as long as I can remember. The GOP candidates are not talking substance.
And Obama IS? More taxes...penalizing those whom perform the best?

Killing Jobs?

DUDE? You have a serious problem and I suspect that YOU are one of the moochers.

:badgrin:

How do you like this quote from him?

Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.

I personally have always admired this quote. Too bad more liberals don't.

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.

He takes on everyone I'll give him that. But how do you like it?

Last edited:

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.

The US Media has taken Free speech to new heights, and the meaning of freedom of the press.

High time the leftist leaning ones were taken out by the power of the purse. They are tools unto themselves.

The US Media has taken Free speech to new heights, and the meaning of freedom of the press.

High time the leftist leaning ones were taken out by the power of the purse. They are tools unto themselves.

Oh for true.

If Noam feels that way about Perry, dear Lord above, I'd love to have him comment on Biden.

:D

Noam is the only one I know of predicting Perry to win the nomination. Especially after Iowa.

Regardless, Im not too worried about the opinion of someone who is often in outer space.:p

Killing Jobs?

DUDE? You have a serious problem and I suspect that YOU are one of the moochers.

I don't think you should talk that way about our retired military.

All the Left has is Name Calling and years of Failed Policies.

Don't you mean policy successes?

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed health care, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 7 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 21 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

Killing Jobs?

Dude, what planet do you live on where Obama has raised taxes? Yes, he does want to raise taxes for some, but as of yet, he's actually cut taxes and extended the Bush Tax Cuts. And even with that, the economy still sucks. Ever think that maybe cutting taxes isn't the end all answer to our problems?

All the Left has is Name Calling and years of Failed Policies.

Don't you mean policy successes?

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed health care, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 7 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 21 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

If paying back the Unions for the millions they invested in his election is a great job then he's done super. For the Unions and himself. Not so much for those that had 401k's and retirements invested in those companies. He hosed them.

As for HC well Nov 2010 told you what the American people think of that BS.

Bin Ladin?? Kudo's to him for having the balls to actually do it although I think any Prez would have done the same.

I'm sure we were behind the scenes in Libya but France and GB did the grunt work on that one.

Expiration of the Bush tax cuts will just give DC more money to spend. Doubt seriously that its going to solve anything.

Yeah Barrys done a great job. NOT

Killing Jobs?

I don't think you should talk that way about our retired military.
Retired military earned their benefits.

You have a great deal of trouble understanding the concept of "earning".

These 'Conservatives'. Always talking about people they disagree with as non-earners. Yet, when the states are rated as to whom is recieiving federal aid and who is giving it, the red states are on the dole, and the blue states are the ones supporting the 'Conservatives' lazy asses.

Then there is educational rating, the blue states coming in far ahead of the red states, and it sure shows in voting patterns, and who is the sucker for idiots like Santorum.

So, Daveboy, why don't you and yours get off your dead butts, shovel the beer cans away from the door, and go out and get a job, I am tired of supporting your dead butt and those like you.

These 'Conservatives'. Always talking about people they disagree with as non-earners. Yet, when the states are rated as to whom is recieiving federal aid and who is giving it, the red states are on the dole, and the blue states are the ones supporting the 'Conservatives' lazy asses.

Then there is educational rating, the blue states coming in far ahead of the red states, and it sure shows in voting patterns, and who is the sucker for idiots like Santorum.

So, Daveboy, why don't you and yours get off your dead butts, shovel the beer cans away from the door, and go out and get a job, I am tired of supporting your dead butt and those like you.
What's the problem, then? You leftists want more and more people utterly dependent on government. Now you're bitching about it?

Or is this just some knee-jerk blind irrational lashing out?

Yes, that's far more likely.

Forum List

Back