2012 election the year that proved the TEA party is a sham

Did you notice the TEA party no longer supports Ron Paul they support big government Romney and GETRICH.

I disagree.... at least regarding Romney. I see him as a reasonable candidate for TEA Partiers. He is what they respect.... hard working, honest, decent, intelligent, thoughtful, calm, rational, articulate. He'd make a good President, he is personally conservative and believes in getting government out of our lives.... with the added bonus of being the most economically smart man in the running.

As you once told me Go take your meds.:lol:

honest, he is personally conservative and believes in getting government out of our lives
These two things are what I hold against Romney I have no doubt that he's not any of the other things but Honest NO
For keeping the government out of peoples lives what as governor did he do the effect that?

That is not the job of a Governor. He was the Governor of a very liberal state... and he governed accordingly.

But.... he has experience of dragging bloated, unproductive, mismanaged companies back into serious profit. And he can apply that knowledge to the country. He's by far the smartest candidate on the GOP side... and far smarter than Obama. He's a smart person and we really need a smart person in the driving seat.

I disagree.... at least regarding Romney. I see him as a reasonable candidate for TEA Partiers. He is what they respect.... hard working, honest, decent, intelligent, thoughtful, calm, rational, articulate. He'd make a good President, he is personally conservative and believes in getting government out of our lives.... with the added bonus of being the most economically smart man in the running.

As you once told me Go take your meds.:lol:

honest, he is personally conservative and believes in getting government out of our lives
These two things are what I hold against Romney I have no doubt that he's not any of the other things but Honest NO
For keeping the government out of peoples lives what as governor did he do the effect that?

That is not the job of a Governor. He was the Governor of a very liberal state... and he governed accordingly.

But.... he has experience of dragging bloated, unproductive, mismanaged companies back into serious profit. And he can apply that knowledge to the country. He's by far the smartest candidate on the GOP side... and far smarter than Obama. He's a smart person and we really need a smart person in the driving seat.

He could have vetoed some of that stuff he was for the healthcare mandate of that state. No he is not honest nor is he for keeping the government out of the lives of people.

You are correct, however in a different direction.

The TEA Party went from a grass roots, rally orientated movement to (in the words of the CEO of Freedomworks a few months ago) entering what they term as precint level politics, school boards etc.

That is extremely significant.

Further to that, it is not like they have gone away or somehow suddenly become uninvolved in the political process, since they achieved something American Conservatism hasn't really seen before.

Organized Block Voting loooooooong the staple of leftists/unions is now established in the Conservative camp, and as much as one might want to dream this will disappear, this miraculous corner that was turned in the world of Libs vs Cons...don't hold your breath for that new found shift of the dynamics to go away.

Precint level, education system, organized Conservative block voting, unions on a dramatic downslide (stated by their own leadership)...and a 2010 example (while not even near the levels of organiztion that now comprises the TEA Party) are going to add up to a 2012 surprise to the POTUS, his admin and czars and the Democratic Party.

If the toilet is overflowing, the first action should be to shut off the water. Before anything can be done to improve our situation, obama has to be voted out of office. Anybody but obama makes sense.

I've always been sympathetic to TEA party goals, even if I don't 100% agree with all of the stances, but no, Anybody but Obama makes no sense. Newt is no different than Obama, just as McCain was no different than Obama and Kerry was no different than Bush. You're flushing your voice in the GOP down the toilet. After all, why should they EVER listen to you if you're going to line up behind anyone they'll run on the ticket?

just as McCain was no different than Obama

Candidates and issues in the last election.

End the Fed.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Cancel NAFTA, etc.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Leave the WTO.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Completely withdraw from Iraq.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Close all military bases around the world and bring all troops home.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Stop all foreign aid.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

End the Patriot Act.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Enforce Posse Comitatus.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Restore habeas Corpus.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Against the bailout.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Protect gun rights.
Obama - no
McCain - yes ?
Barr - yes
Baldwin - yes
McKinney - yes

Single payer universal health care.
Obama - no
McCain - no
Barr - no
Baldwin - no
McKinney - yes

Where is the difference between Obama and McCain?

you never refuted the information you merely claimed it wasnt true without one shred of evidence

from the day i first heard about the tea party i told my wife that i was going to patiently wait and watch to see how they evolved. i was most interested to see if they were really concerned about reducing our national debt, or, if it was a re-branding of the republican party to regain power. i think there is a minority of people who genuinely want to address and reduce our national debt. those people seem to be now drowned out by standard republicans (who jumped on the bandwagon and rode it all the way to power). i feel most sorry for those that want to address the real issue of our debt. their heart in the right place but they really have no chance against the established republicans. and in a twist of irony, they have helped elect, and will continue to help elect people that will act against their main objective.

Bush did distroy this economy.

He stood in front of the American people and annouced it BEFORE Obama was elected.

you never refuted the information you merely claimed it wasnt true without one shred of evidence

Who said I tried to refute anything? I am just repeating information of your actions from other threads you have visited.

You have been refuted on other threads so badly I almost feel sorry for you. But I don't because you get what you deserve.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDmPEeurfA]President Bush Addresses Nation on Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

from the day i first heard about the tea party i told my wife that i was going to patiently wait and watch to see how they evolved. i was most interested to see if they were really concerned about reducing our national debt, or, if it was a re-branding of the republican party to regain power. i think there is a minority of people who genuinely want to address and reduce our national debt. those people seem to be now drowned out by standard republicans (who jumped on the bandwagon and rode it all the way to power). i feel most sorry for those that want to address the real issue of our debt. their heart in the right place but they really have no chance against the established republicans. and in a twist of irony, they have helped elect, and will continue to help elect people that will act against their main objective.

Yep

Forum List

Back