2009 statistics for murders

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Obviously, it's time to institute KNIFE CONTROL, as well as FEET and HANDS CONTROL.

Hand over your Ginsu knives, your steak knives, your buck knives, and the little knife inside your nail clippers!

Keep your hands and feets contained AT ALL TIMES. All hands and feet MUST be registered with local law enforcement.

These instruments of death MUST BE STOPPED!

2009 FBI Murder Statistics By State And Type Of Weapon Used

Lets look at some FACTS shall we?

In 2009 348 murders were committed with rifles. Out of 13636. Less then 3 percent of all murders. Lets look at some more numbers shall we?

1825 murders were committed with knives or cutting instruments, 801 with feet hands etc., 1864 with other weapons......

Yet you want to ban rifles. Why again is that?

Another inconvenient fact..FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts

But I thought the EEEEVIL NRA stopped the government from creating this sort of data....

So your point is that we are better off banning handguns?

Why not? Go ahead and ban handguns. I prefer rifles and shotguns, anyway. MUCH more "bang for your buck".

I can easily hit center mass from 100 yards with my 30-30. I sure as hell couldn't do that with a handgun.

As for shotguns, you don't even have to aim those very well. I can just hold my 12 gauge- 7 shot pump at my hip, point it at the "bad guys", and pull the trigger. I could hit SEVERAL bad guys with ONE shot.

Let the CRIMINALS be the only people who will be able to use handguns. They will be even MORE outgunned.

13000 murders out of 320 million and only about half committed with firearms. My point is there is no need for ANY ban but especially not one for supposed assault weapons since less then 400 rifles were even used to murder people.

Moron.

13000 murders out of 320 million and only about half committed with firearms. My point is there is no need for ANY ban but especially not one for supposed assault weapons since less then 400 rifles were even used to murder people.

Moron.

Summary:
Murders total – 13636
Murders with handguns – 6452 (47.32%)
Murders with rifles – 348 (2.55%)
Murders with shotguns – 418 (3.07%)
Murders with unknown firearms – 1928 (14.14%)
Murder with knives or cutting instruments – 1825 (13.38%)
Murders with other weapons – 1864 (13.67%)
Murders with hands, fists, feet etc.. – 801 (5.87%)

47.32% of murders are committed by handguns...thanks for pointing that out. 67% of all murders are by gun

If we want to seriously attack our murder rate, looks like handguns is the place to start

Last edited:

Moron.

Summary:
Murders total – 13636

47.32% of murders are committed by handguns...thanks for pointing that out

If we want to seriously attack our murder rate, looks like handguns is the place to start

Well Washigton, Chicago and New York have nearly total handgun bans, and it really helps lower that murder rate.

/sarcasm.

Moron.

Summary:
Murders total – 13636

47.32% of murders are committed by handguns...thanks for pointing that out. 67% of all murders are by gun

Only if you believe the Flawed Premise that those people would not have killed if they did not have a gun.

Moron.

Summary:
Murders total – 13636

Only if you believe the Flawed Premise that those people would not have killed if they did not have a gun.

Why of course....if I did not have a gun, I would push you down a flight of stairs

Moron.

Actually, there were 15,000 murders in the US, 11,000 committed with handguns on top of the 16,000 suicides done with handguns.

But here's the real telling statistic. The claim by the gun whacks that we need to have all these guns out there because there are a hoarde of felons out there ready to kill them.

According to the FBI, only 201 Felons were killed by civilians with guns during the commission of a felony.

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 15

Which means with 300 million guns out there... you have a one in a 1.5 million chance of killing a felon.

You also have a one in one million chance of being struck by lightening.

Forum List

Back