"Assault" Weapons

Oh, is that what you mean.
Well here is the 2nd.
{... A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ...}
What Scalia would say is that "the people" means collectively not individually, and that reasonable restrictions are not infringements.
I tend to disagree with Scalia, in that arms are an individual right, and that all restrictions do infringe.
But yet do we not all agree that states can pass laws restricting juvenile firearm access?
so for 175 yrs we had it wrong until this one man came along??

yeah I dont think so,,

so are you admitting youve just been giving your opinion and theres no state authority to change the 2nd A???

Correct.
And the mistake the judges made in the MIller case is that sawed off shotguns ARE commonly used by the military, know as coachguns, and predated by the blunderbuss. Both commonly used by ship boarding parties.
That is correct. Miller was found guilty of violating the NFA because he had a weapon the Court incorrectly identified as NOT being in "general use by the military". In addition to the Navy the Army and Marines used sawed off shotguns in trench warfare in WWI.

so for 175 yrs we had it wrong until this one man came along??

yeah I dont think so,,

so are you admitting youve just been giving your opinion and theres no state authority to change the 2nd A???

Depends what "infringe" means.
If you prevent 10 year olds from buying or possessing firearms by a state law, are you "infringing"?

Depends what "infringe" means.
If you prevent 10 year olds from buying or possessing firearms by a state law, are you "infringing"?
youre dodging again,,

how about we stick to adults,, now show us where the states can change the bill of rights???

I'm sorry, the AR556 will shoot the .223 all day long, but the AR15 will not shoot the NATO 5.56 because of the reason that I've already stated.
you have a singular problem that I have never heard of before,,

might want to take the barrel to a gun shop and have it checked,,

The throat of the cartridge is too big around for the AR15.
The 5.56 NATO and the .223 Remington are interchangeable. The 5.56 can be fired in an AR 15 or a Mini 14, etc. If the 5.56 has more pressure (powder), that’s of no consequence.

The 5.56 NATO and the .223 Remington are interchangeable. The 5.56 can be fired in an AR 15 or a Mini 14, etc. If the 5.56 has more pressure (powder), that’s of no consequence.

i.gif

0512cartridge2.jpg

Don’t fire this ammunition in a .223 Remington chamber.

In summary: .223 Remington ammunition may be shot safely in either a .223 Remington or a 5.56mm chamber. However, you should only shoot 5.56mm ammunition in a rifle with a 5.56mm chamber or you are risking a potentially catastrophic (and dangerous) incident.
As a result, if you're looking for a rifle to shoot the widest variety of ammunition, get one chambered in 5.56x45mm (and verify that it does indeed have a 5.56mm chamber) as this will let you shoot both cartridges safely.
The American Rifleman and Guns & Ammo Network were both used as references for this article.

Forum List

Back